Silver in burns dressings

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Kasanga, Apr 2, 2011.

1. silvertongue

silvertongue Member Silver Stacker

Lol - of course! But takes all the fun out of it.. :D

2. Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon Member

3. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

I've done something like the above.You can do it by tapping the coins and removing and cleaning occasionally rather than stirring.The coins will end up
    with visable difference between submerged and unsubmerged areas.I cut a maple in half,cheaper than buying wire.The solution has a definite shelf life(maybe 1 or 2 months).Black precipitation.Out of light.Distilled water.
    I put the 2 maple bits in a glass jar hanging off alligator clips connected to two 9 volts batteries,took 10 minutes.Golden appearance.
    Might be wrong way .Will try the above.

4. silvertongue

silvertongue Member Silver Stacker

Yeah, if you have a black precipitation, it indicates that you don't have so much silver ions in your solution, but rather larger sintered silver particles. Too much energy too quickly. 18 volts (about 16 volts over activation voltage - too high..) No current limiting, so when the TDS of the water starts to rise, particle sintering becomes too severe. (truly distilled water should start with a TDS of zero - nil - nada - zip....). 10 minutes - wayyyyy too quick. Principle is there, Peter, but I think you may be wasting some silver in creating non-suspendable particles. In a true colloid they don't fall out of suspension. If you don't constantly agitate the water, a lof of silver won't wind up in suspension as well.

Cheers mate!