Self-censoring "Science"

Discussion in 'YouTube Digest' started by CriticalSilver, Jan 2, 2013.

1. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

No, not another argument about a dubious Carbon Tax, but the politics of Fluoridation. Draw your own parallels.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIbJausU84w[/youtube]

Once a policy is adopted by politicians and they have invested significantly in claims and announcements like "the science is in" there just doesn't seem to be any way out, even if they are wrong and political policies are against the interest of the people being governed.

Trust a politician? Pfft! If someone is stupid enough to, does that mean everyone must be forced to just so they can feel good about their stupidity and the politicians can feel good about their position? You would think clean drinking water would be a no brainer! Instead, we are left in a state without brains thanks to political policy and political expediency.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iu9HzaVbWQ[/youtube]

2. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

Thanks so much for posting this Gino :)

3. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

We have been filtering our water for 12 months now to rid the fluoride and other crap that in there, we use non-fluoride toothpaste and get only topical treatment once a year when at the dentist. Our dentist recommended the above to us :O

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Been filtering the fluoride out of mine for 2 years now. I use the big Berkeley with the extra fluoride filters.

5. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Harvard University last year released the results of a study which shows that children raised in areas with fluorine in the drinking water have lower IQ's than children who do not have fluorine in their drinking water. I am surprised that parents in Australia demand that the government forcibly medicate their children with a neurotoxin that damages their brain and lowers their intelligence.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi.html

6. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I use Alkastream to filter all my drinking water.

A while ago I had an argument about fluoridation and water quality. Apparently there was no need to filter municipal water and I was wasting my money doing so. Christmas time comes around and as a "family" gift I bought my parents and brother a Britta water filter jug. My parents conceded that the water tasted better.

That's funny. I thought that water didn't have a "taste".

Anyway, I now don't bother with arguing with people about water. It's as simple as saying "Here's a glass of tap water and here's a glass of filtered water. You tell me which is better".

7. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

Im not surprised at all. After all the parents of today come from a generation that has been brainwashed by a schooling system designed to create statists who trust that the government knows best!

Which is why libertarian ideas are met with such animosity - even among the so-called well informed on this forum.
    Theyre starting the brainwashing at an earlier stage for the current generation going to school... no longer is grade 1 a young enough age for the state indoctrination to being. no - now we have grade 0 and I believe soon we will even have kindy become mandatory (grade -1 ?)

:lol:

It would be funny if it was not so sad and pathetic.

8. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

So do I... although I have no idea how to test if it actually works?

I get that the reverse osmosis systems and the Berkey filters do it, and the Alkastream claims to do it, but I haven't been able to find any info online that verifies it.

I noticed that the Alkastream water tastes a lot better - at least it appears to filter most of the chlorine out.

The problem for me is taking water with me everywhere I go - eg, taking water to work, sporting activities, on holiday, etc. There are just times when it is inconvenient/impossible to avoid drinking flouridated water.

It gets me really angry sometimes - why the hell can't I opt out of this crap without having to filter everything.

Edit: And another thing that really annoys me is that we adopted yet another practice from the USA. Meanwhile, Europe opts out. I live in hope that one day we won't be the 51st state anymore (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/51st_state#Australia).

9. Guest

Guest Guest

The funny thing about Brita is that they actually advertise in a positive light that their filters leave the fluoride in the water.

Any filter is better than no filter however.

10. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's exactly why I went the Brita route.

11. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

Are you like an anti-human that requires chlorine to live instead of water? If so, genius way of removing the flouride from your chlorine! ;)

12. Guest

Guest Guest

You like the brain damaging fluoride in your drinking water?

13. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

I suggest getting a reverse osmosis filter; a bit expensive, bit worth it.

14. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Have you guys ever tasted Brisbane tap water? A little poison is the only thing that makes it palateable!

15. SilverBrumby

SilverBrumby Member Silver Stacker

I always remember Rudd saying that we are just going to have to get used to drinking recycled water. ewww

16. reggie

reggie New Member

17. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Most countries have 'drinking water' and 'flushing the toilet, washing the clothes and other purposes' water. Here in Australia we seem to consider both the same.

When people ask why I bother with a filter - I show them an old one.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

When discussing water filtration I commonly hear people say "but Melbourne has the cleanest drinking water in the world!" And "we need fluoride in the water for our teeth"... Hahaha by that logic it would be healthy to drink listerine and eat toothbrushes :eek:

19. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes. The logic in interesting indeed. It goes something like "rat poison will kill dental plaque, therefore for the sake of our children we need to put rat poison in our drinking water."

20. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I grew up in the UK drinking recycled and fluorodated water, I could have been a genius!