Self-censoring "Science"

Discussion in 'YouTube Digest' started by CriticalSilver, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

I grew up on a property and was given flouride tablets :(

Even worse, one day when I was really young I got hold of the bottle and ate a whole bunch at once.

It annoys me so much that I was given that crap - and this is from a father that abhored DDT.

Edit: Noting that flouride for teeth is a topical medication (eg, apply to affect area only, in a measured dosage), so why the hell are we ingesting it in varying quantities? (rhetorical question :p)

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am surprised that no one has mentioned the source of the Fluoride which usually comes up very early on.

Apparently there are several types of fluoride that can be used but the main one is a byproduct of the Nuclear Energy Industry.

Nuclear industry is not allowed to dump fluoride into the sewer because it is toxic waste, but if they sell the same fluoride to their buddies in the Government who then proceed to dump it in our water supply it is OK.

One of the ways that Nuclear industry can help its bottom line, they don't have to pay disposal fees and they can get some extra revenue by selling it. But who on Earth would buy toxic waste?

Anyway a quick google will bring up this conspiracy theory but in case you don't want to google it yourself here is one hit

http://www.democracynow.org/2004/6/17/the_fluoride_deception_how_a_nuclear

3. FlashInThePan

FlashInThePan Member

Why Australians accept fluridation is beyound me.

If Fluoridation is beneficial to your teeth then why do we allow it to be administered to our whole body and without a prescribed dosage like all other medicines? Yet the health of our teeth it seems is the subject matter of discussion in relation to fluoride excluding every other life giving organ and dependant process that maintains life within our bodies.

Is that it, absolutely no other affect to our biology with a chemical that is completely alien that occurs in minute to nil amounts within the natural environment that we have evolved in?

Why do not we ask this simple question and see the hollowness of justification focused around ones teeth as the basis for being subject to this utterly a horrid toxic man made compound as derived as a waste by-product from an industrial process that is present in almost everything we consume.

4. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It was originally posited as "good for teeth" by Gerald J. Cox, a scientist employed by ALCOA in 1939 as the aluminium industry had a massive waste disposal problem as aluminium production produces fluoride as waste product and it is expensive to deal with as it is so extremely poisonous. In 1947, Oscar R. Ewing, a long time ALCOA lawyer, was appointed head of the Federal Security Agency which put him in charge of the Public Health Service. The rest is history. Instead of paying to discard poison Alcoa now got to sell it to the government for be diluted and disposed of into people's bodies.

5. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not all!

They also put folate (in the form of Folic Acid) into bread to help prevent Neural Tube Defects in unborn children. If you are not a pregnant woman with a folate deficiency then you are probably not getting much benefit. But that's OK, the iodine they have added is for everyone's benefit.

And there was me thinking it was just flour, water and yeast in bread.

http://www.choice.com.au/media-and-...ws/australians-to-be-fed-folate-in-bread.aspx
    http://www.abc.net.au/health/thepulse/stories/2008/11/06/2399550.htm#.UOviDawUi70

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Unbelievable. Totally incredible. :mad:

How can this be allowed totally blows my mind