SBSS - The Return May 15 FREE REIGN

Discussion in 'Silver' started by swe_silver, May 10, 2013.

1. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Member

It's like just about every disagreement I've ever witnessed, we have both sides reporting their versions and what actually happened is probably somewhere in between. I find this entire ordeal rather amusing, like watching 2 people that don't know how to fight throwing haymakers that aren't close to landing...

2. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy New Member

Two thieves getting rich on the money of mindless fashion-slave camp followers and groupies and laughing in the faces of those who're making them rich...

I'm waiting to see either or both of them pull a bankruptcy and hose countless would-be customers for some gigantic amount of money.

3. bretto

bretto Active Member

Yeah its a shame.
    People that know somethings wrong in the big scheme of things and looking for
    other likeminded persons to guide them with the truth.

Anyone using this situation to benefit themselves is as far as im concerned very very bad.
    Not something id like to have on my conscious!

Im not religious at all but it reminds me of a story i heard when i was young, something about a
    sheaperd?

Hahaha, Peice of S###!

PS.

Had a big night, now im off to bed.

4. iceblue

iceblue Well-Known Member

Notice the change in the link the OP has supplied.
    Double obverse limited edition on sale for 2 days, has the slave queen and freedom girl pictured.
    Same style writing used for the sentinel.
    If Mulligan mint is still controlling the sbss website, then it is them producing the coin. Using the sbss name is very misleading.
    This stinks worse than a shed full of cows eating silage.

5. silvermed

silvermed New Member

This is essentially a PONZI scheme.

They are not using THEIR OWN money.....they are using the money of customers (future orders) to pay for their facility, equipment, employees, homes, vacations, etc etc.

I'm figuring the desperation to use the SBSS name is because their other projects don't bring in enough money to keep things circulating, thus they find it worth the risk of copyright infringement, etc.

They are desperate for more sales as it's the only thing keeping them going.

Stop buying from Mulligan and their related parties and they are forced to face justice sooner than later.

I would keep "all" your money away from anything and anyone associated with these companies until things sort themselves out. When this things fully hits the fan it won't just be delays customers are complaining about, it will be outright default (bankruptcy, total loss of your order)

Be warned.

6. hecate

hecate New Member Silver Stacker

+1000
    There are many complaints on Chris's website from people who ordered early and were forced to wait while the Mulligan Mint supplied large orders to the dealers. Why? Rob Gray obviously needed the money to continue his dodgy operation. Don't buy anything from this mint, if you do you'll end up another casualty. This man has already proven he has no qualms about stealing other people's property.

7. BigSteve

BigSteve New Member Silver Stacker

The fact there is a $29.99 premium ontop of spot speaks volumes. Pure greed, desparation, or they didn't hedge too well before the price drop. Probably all three.

I did get an email saying the Rob Gray (principle of Mulligan's Mint) was showing off the dies at some conference in NY tomorrow. Chris Duane should get an injunction and sieze the dies!

8. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

well, yeah... he should but the problem is he's a liar. He obviously has no legal right to the dies or he'd already have them.

Chris knows something he isn't making public, if all of what he has said is true then the mint would not be operating and he'd have the website and the dies.

9. hecate

He was in talks with Rob Gray, trying to resolve the situation. Talks have now broken down and he's bringing in the lawyers. This info is all available on his site, which I'd advise you to check out before you go throwing accusations around roman.

10. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

I have read it, just sounds like a baby chucking a tantrum.
    That's not how you conduct business, and like I said, if the mint was legally in the wrong they would have ceased production.

He has ownership of the SBSS side of the coins but obviously not the artwork.
    If you want to judge this disaster by reading 1 side written by a used car salesman go right ahead - I'm smarter than that.

Again, he's the idiot that signed up with this mint so why people continue to defend him is beyond me.

11. hecate

I've read both sides of this argument (Chris Duane and Jack Spirko) and listened to Rob Gray as well, and formed my own conclusions on this roman. I agree that he's not doing himself any favours atm with some of the things he's coming out with - obviously this situation is triggering him in a big way. That doesn't change the fact the SBSS is his intellectual property, and the artist Heidi Wastweet who created the artwork for the series is also working with him, and not Rob Gray.

12. Stick Framer

Stick Framer New Member

If it is his intellectual property and he has brought in lawyers, then MM would not be able to sell coins or operate the website

So what is the real story, I think two people know and the rest of us will find out in due course

Just my opinion

13. hecate

Talks broke down on the 10th - I suspect the lawyers will need a little more time to put an injunction in place. But as you say, we'll see.

14. iceblue

The public is certainly not getting the whole truth, until a court rules we can only assume at best.
    In the meantime we will deal with neither, something smells - and I have showered since milking the cows.

15. MetalMensch

MetalMensch Member Silver Stacker

Yeah I'm done with the whole SBSS thing. They did some nice edgy coins to start, then the quality went south ..then the subject material and originality went south and now the whole operation is up in the air. It's all sounding a bit dodgy to me.

I'll do my self a favour and hold on to early examples I have as they are really quite good but no more new stuff from them. Any new purchases of PMs will be plain vanilla bars and coins as close to spot as I can get.

16. iceblue

The biggest problem I see at the moment is Chris owns the intellectual property of SBSS, but the Mint owns the Physical property for producing the rounds and the website. He said, she said, wont stand up unless paperwork can back it.
    Even if the dies were paid for thru sales, Unless he has a paid invoice they remain property of the mint. Same with the website, no use saying " But they said the website will be mine", he needs proof.
    Business to Business make sure you dot the I's and cross the T's.
    Having just purchased Dies, I can prove we own them, and the artwork also.
    I feel the SALESMAN has been rolled by the BUSINESS man. Unfortunate as they could have done great things together.

17. ironwood

ironwood Active Member Silver Stacker

Been wanting to say I'm frothing at the mouth and chomping at the bit waiting for yours to be released Iceblue. :D

18. iceblue

Is on its way. Launch is not far off, a descriptive piece is being written by one of the SGB members to go with the artwork. Distribution is set. Heap of blanks sitting there ready to go. Artwork for all 4 rounds are controversial, but in a good way.
    I can say that we do own both intellectual and physical property with paid invoices and paperwork to prove it!!!
    Dont want a repeat of whats going on here between sbss and their mint!!!!

19. bretto

bretto Active Member

Nice one

20. ironwood

ironwood Active Member Silver Stacker

Fabulous! :)