Safe People To Buy Pandas From

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by yennus, Jul 13, 2011.

1. low

low New Member

Sometimes the excitement takes over my brain and I simply forget to ask. Most of the time I am doing fine.

Our custom is both stupid and greedy, for any parcel (including freight charges) exceeding $150 we have to pay 15% (for modern coins or 10% for old coins) + $15 for custom declaration.

The exception is gold coin. No one here has the answer. Gold coin is not taxable.

2. comeaux

comeaux New Member Silver Stacker

+100

I haven't sold enough on ebay to know all of the precise details but what I have read in various forums is that the seller is much more at risk than the buyer so maybe that is why these sellers want to ship disclosing full value I don't know.

Another issue is that since "firststrike" and "ecoins" may be selling coins while operating as a business, they may be apprehensive to do something that is illegal such as disclosing false information on customs forms, again I don't know but just speculating. There are even a few sellers on CCF who declare full value when shipping outside US.

In the cases where I do chime in an opinion of a specific seller, I am basically substantiating the quality of their items and not their shipping policies outside US because these are things I do not know. Personally I do not see why a seller would not combine shipping as it seems it would be easier and more efficient for all parties involved.

If a seller responds "win the coins first" well partly he is right because logically you would have to have more than one item to combine shipping. Maybe a better response would be "if you win more than one item I will combine shipping"

As I previously stated simply engage in communication BEFORE you intend to buy something is what would be logical. Most of the sellers I buy from have their policies clearly stated but those that are vague just ask them. If their shipping charges or customs declarations do not fit your plan well then simply move to another buyer. There are plenty of fish in the sea. ;)

3. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

My last buy with firststrikecoins. I win 3 auctions. He make only one express shipping cost of 50. But i pm he and say in the others buys i make from he. He charge me 38 uss for express shipping. He change the cost in ebay and i pay for all. Before pay i say to him to buy 2 or 3 coins more for save in shipping (beijing pandas) for the same amount the last auctions he make. And he say no. I need to win the auctions. I think is bad customer atention. But he have good coins and fair prices (now are more expensives).

4. Lim

Lim New Member

I would like to check on if anyone deal with MCM before ( moderncoinmart ) . I am looking at their website and not ebay as their price on the website is cheaper than on the ebay itself . Just want to know how is their good and reliable their service is to international client . Because they do not ship to singapore so most probably i would have to activate my best buddy to order them in Japan . So i want to find out more before i press the panic button on my buddy . :)

Thanks and appreciate if anyone have information on them .

5. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

I have dealt with them.....mostly graded coins ,they are ok,big e bay seller so compare prices, also on certain items if you call on the phone ,you can sometimes haggle a little better price

6. Lim

Lim New Member

I am trying to get the slab ms 70 2012 panda . So far this seller pricing look decent .. Any other trusted seller u can recommend ?

7. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

Modercoin is overflow in ebay. Ask him for cheap shipping. And try win the auctions for your max price. Finished a lot of auctions for day.
    Ma-az are cheap prices in finished auctions 83 to 88 uss. He is trusty. But i never buy from him. Because of high shipping costs. But ask him.

8. Lim

Lim New Member

Thanks Thor.. I will email Modercoin if they willing to lower down since I will be buying a couple ..
    I really envy buyers in USA .. Free shipping for most of the dealers on eBay .

9. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

+1

10. Lim

Lim New Member

Wrote to MCM on ebay . 39.95 + 1 for combine . Or 29.95 for 1 ms 70
    So i max out and bought 3 instead of 2 .
    Going to give one out as a gift to a panda friend as she is starting a collection.
    Hope MCM quickly deliver this .

11. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

40,95 for 3 coins shipping?
    The usps express mail i think is 39. 41 is a good price. Usa to argentina usps delay 3 to 7 days to arrive.

12. musemellow

musemellow Member

13. Lim

Lim New Member

I hope so
    I have not receive the invoice yet as i just won the bid couple of hours ago . I will update again on this when i receive the invoice.
    Hope i did not misinterpret his ebay message to me if not i will be paying top dollars for shipping :(

14. Lim

Lim New Member

Got the invoice . Paying 41.95 for 3 coins .
    I guess i got a better deal on the ebay than on the website as got the MS 70 at 95 instead of 99 (publish on web) , shave a couple of dollars on the MS 69 as well :)
    But not sure on the shipping part if MCM is giving better shipping price or not to Japan .. Well at least no need to trouble my buddy to buy for me -- direct shipment to singapore.
    :lol:

15. Catseye

Catseye New Member

I'm having an issue with e_coins.
    They did not state that the pictured coin was not the coin I would get and sent a MS 69 with the WSD herpes all over it, needless to say I'm less than impressed at this point. :/

[​IMG]

16. tamo42

tamo42 New Member

Unfortunately they use stock photos, and this is one of the major problems with that practice.

17. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

Ask him to replace or refund. If not write here in the black list to not buy from him

18. Catseye

Catseye New Member

He's sending me a replacement, though I'm out the return mailing cost, time & aggravation. :-/.
    Seems like it would be a better move not to send flawed coins out in the first place... unless you are only interested in moving volume.
    In all fairness he is fairly easy to deal with and was quick to right the situation.

19. pandayo

pandayo New Member

Question: will you buy graded panda if the seller doesn't disclose the cert number?

The seller willing to give you picture of the coin though.

20. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

No I would not, I can understand a seller not disclosing on a e bay listing to maintain the integrity of the coin , but if you message him with interest to buy he should give you cert so you can research coin and know you got the coin you paid for...... unless of course there is a money back guarantee involved........... then i guess if you dont like the coin at least you have the option of returning it......