S2 Lunar Bullion Value Rankings

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by 1for1, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Watch the sleeper coins!

1oz Ox is already moving as is the 2oz

5oz Ox is the sleeper!

Also...fwiw the 10oz bunny is imo going to be stand-out coin, much like the mouse....not now but maybe next year.

Don't forget the 2's

Due to Perth's stupid minting policies you'll see more people looking for 1/2 and 2oz coins!

DYODD

2. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

3. mmissinglink

I like Ox as well as Mouse for being the key years at the end of 2019 when people will be more interested in early dates rather than a mid-run dragon that's way over-priced anyway. The S2 dragon is not even an appealing design IMHO. It's price is artificially high because allegedly some dude in China bought a whole bunch trying to corner the market on the ugly dragons. Let him eat that coin....I'm not going to buy an ugly dragon with such a high premium.

4. mmissinglink

5. Joker77

Joker77 New Member

Agree! 1 oz dragon s2 is over-priced. And there is cheaper prive version also! Let it go babe. Not really like situations where someone want to rip you off. Dragon s1 price is correct but not s2 hmm

6. mmissinglink

There's no real way of knowing how the values will pan out in the long term but I think the first year release of any popular series is always bound to be a key date.

So here's my personal choices for projected values for only the S2 coins already released:

Mouse - (first year of series is a plus, attractive coin design (very 3-dimensional compared to the other designs which look flatter), and key sleeper)

Tiger - (very popular animal, attractive coin design)

Rabbit and Ox - tied ((sleepers second so far only to the Mouse)

Dragon - (in a few years, we will be wondering what was the big fuss made back in 2012 about this average, over-priced coin)

Snake - (nice but average appeal (at best) coin)

7. mmissinglink

BTW, has anyone noticed any finish variations on any of the 1 oz bullion coins other than the Mouse? I have noticed a noticeable and notable difference in finish on Mouse bullion coins I own. On some Mouse coins, the pumpkins and straw is a satiny matte finish while on other Mouse coins the finish on the pumpkins and straw is noticeably shiny and almost like the mirror proof-like shine of the mice, particularly on the straw.

8. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

9. mmissinglink

U R joking, right?

My first silver bullion coin purchase was less than 5 months ago....I'm brand new to all this. I wish I would have woken up way earlier because I realize now that I wasted so much money on things that will never have the value of precious metals. But I'm learning a little bit more every day now and I will eventually set some goals in terms of ounces of bullion purchased by specific milestones.

10. mmissinglink

11. Joker77

Joker77 New Member

There is a few mouses to buy on ebay/coin dealers. New what? Where come frome this new portions of coins? Secondery market ? Very strange becouse is too many of them. This coin should be sold out! Just double check it in case!?!?

12. silver kook

silver kook Active Member

Mouse coin was reminted last year that is why there is still many around. The Ox will be the highest value coin very few around, hard to get for less than $65 already.

13. mmissinglink

In 2008, not all the 1 oz Mouse bullions were sold so in 2011, Perth Mint minted new batch which equaled the remainder of the 300,000. I don't know how many were minted in 2011 but I benefited from this because I wanted a few 2008 Mouse and since they were reminted in 2011, I picked up some at a better price than I would have if they all sold in 2008. And on top of this, the 2008 Mouse is still at a low price compared to what they will fetch when the S2 series is done in 2019.

I want more 2008 Mouse but at the moment I am financially unable to buy any at all. I'm just hoping they don't disappear from the market before I can gather some funds together (at the end of the 1st quarter 2013) to buy more.

I still would like to know if there's a way to tell how many of the 2008 Mouse are still available at APMEX. Anyone has an idea of this?

14. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

86----put 500 in your cart--will let you know max amount left---although they can restock, so take it for what it's worth

15. mmissinglink

Thanks for the heads up on how to do that Justfishin

16. silver kook

silver kook Active Member

If anyone is interested I can sell a sealed roll of 20 S2 mouse coin 1 oz silver for $860 plus postage at cost ( only selling within Australia).

17. mmissinglink

If that's US dollars, that's a damn good price! Unfortunately, I'm in the U.S.

18. Joker77

Joker77 New Member

Could you imagine in some countries 1 oz dragon s2 cost +90 AUD ,mouse +50 AUD. There is duty u must pay not good. Between Us,Europe,Ausrtalia. Very bad

19. mmissinglink

AUD is a hair better value than USD so the 90 AUD is about 93 USD...the dragon is artificially high due to the nutty fixation a guy had who allegedly bought up a massive number of dragons in order to corner the market on them and get the prices temporarily high. That's bound to become a devalued coin from where it is now in the next couple or so years I believe. It's for just the opposite reason that I like the Mouse right now. For a first of a very popular series and a coin that will be in much greater demand I am convinced as we approach the end of the S2 series and beyond, the fact that you can still get the 2008 Mouse for less than 60 means that it's the best buy at this time of the available S2 Lunars.

I wish I could say the same for the Tiger because I personally like the Tiger coin design the most but the Tiger hasn't moved much in a while, yet I'm seeing demand and movement on the Mouse....nearly 5 years after it's initial release!

20. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

How did you come to that conclusion
    1 - 1 person did not buy up a massive amount of dragons
    2 - I set the bar of $100 a coin for the dragons
    3 - The mint had issues with production runs which caused a shortage of coins & the demand grew from there
    Once the rest of the Dragons were released the price started falling ;)