Reality check

Discussion in 'Silver' started by DoolBrevlis, Mar 3, 2012.

1. DoolBrevlis

DoolBrevlis Member

Hey the best thing I like about this post is that it's your 999th. Kinda reminds me of the silver I own.
    Joking aside, I understand what u are saying, but may not entirely agree.
    You're dead on about not everyone being a permabull. I'm not even sure I'd consider myself to be one. And yes, it's best to respect the opinions of everyone, minus the trolls.

I do have a feeling that this forum was set up exclusively for physical stackers, once upon a time.

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

I second trew's comment above - 99% of this forum is about physical. I can only recall one thread this month on trading pape silver when someone started a thread about silver CFDs.

3. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix New Member Silver Stacker

Speaking from personal experience, DanDee. My first silver purchase in this iteration was two 20oz silver Perth Mint bars back in the days when they made and sold them. I have four boys you see. My intention was to balance the stack so it could be equally divided and 20 oz was a convenient size. Now they're hard to get. My good intentions soon went out the window though with all the choices!

4. wilkes

wilkes Member

Where the hell are you reading? You are either the dumbest person I have ever met, or blind... Or both?!

Like they all said, 99% of this forum is related to physical stacking. If you can't manage to find any, I suggest you 'peace' off.

I have only been stacking for 6 months and have learnt everything I know about right here. Weights, quality, strategy, dealers, trading, storage, selling, charting, purity etc etc etc... It's all here and it's all good.

Heres a challenge for you... Too many paper trading threads? For every 1 you post here I will post 10 stacking related. Ready? GO!

5. DoolBrevlis

DoolBrevlis Member

Go easy. I do not recall saying there are not a good number of physical related topics. Fact is, I found alot of good conversations here.

6. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

At this time, you only have 16 posts under your belt. Don't worry... once you have a few dozen more posts, then you too can start lashing out at the latest newbie. ;)

Brain-wave: Make heaps of posts today, and then hang around the forum about the mid-night hour (a Roxy Music song), and then wait for a potential opening, and lash out at someone at 00:01 tomorrow morning. It might help you feel like a seasoned hand.

7. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes, I was the guilty one who started the CFD thread. Apologies if some thought it not relevant to this forum. But the point was to share how I grow my PHYSICAL STACK faster than if I was to just save and dollar cost average. I was not in anyway promoting ownership of paper silver.

Since joining this forum I have learned an incredible amount from the members here on all aspects of stacking, numis, govenment policy, real estate investment, superannuation, taxation law... damn, I even learned how to write a contract on my council rates notice so as to be able to claim the rates back at a later date by calling on the loan!

Having taken so much from the good will of this forum and it's members (including some great physical buys), I thought the CFD trading thread was a little something I could maybe give back to other members, hopefully to help their stacking in a positive way. We all come from different walks of life, which, when all experiences and opinions are combined, deliveres a very balanced and comprehensive account of every aspect of stacking. I think this is invaluable :)

8. DoolBrevlis

DoolBrevlis Member

Lol thanks for the advice..
    I've done my share of lashing in other forums, newbies or veterans, it don't matter to me. If they have it coming, by all means, take off the gloves, but I prefer to avoid it.
    Myself included. I'll be the first to admit error. I've had to apologize for a few posts. In the end though, it's all good ;)

9. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

Don't worry about him :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoAiyUduyrY

10. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Pretty much anti paper silver here! Though when you want to make a quick few bucks on a small move in spot you can see how it would be useful. Shifting silver is too labour intensive for small moves so I have been a stacker by default and lazyness.

11. SULLA

SULLA Member Silver Stacker

So Who's on third?
    :D

12. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

13. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

No, no, no! Who's on first?

14. DoolBrevlis

DoolBrevlis Member

I cannot stack it because I have no paper silver

15. DoolBrevlis

DoolBrevlis Member

Naturally

16. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix New Member Silver Stacker

No. Who's on first.

17. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

18. shano73

shano73 Member

Sorry bud, but you are TROLLING and talking BS.

This forum is definately about stacking PM's and other investment advice.

There has only been a few threads that talk about paper trading & alot of people on this forum frown on this bigtime.

If this forum isnt to your liking, you know what to do.

There you go...........the TROLL has been fed, now bugger off :p

Ignore button waiting to be implemented on forum........oh GOD yes please lol

19. anonmiss

anonmiss Active Member Silver Stacker

almost everything i know about silver i have taken from the conversations on this fourm, and one thing i sure as hell don't know is how to trade in the paper silver market. Now i dont do selective reading so i must be missing something if this fourm appears to be about paper silver as apposed to physical stacking. BTW i have yet to see a photo of a futures contract in the 'today i bought thread' and i cense that if one did apear the member would cop a fair bit of flack, :p

20. plata

plata Member Silver Stacker

basic: buy in the dips!!! you are not trading? keep them!