Reality check

Discussion in 'Silver' started by DoolBrevlis, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

You'll figure it out.

2. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

It would be a lot easier if you had a university degree in silver stacking (gold is a different degree).

Crikey... by the looks of it, I am going to be getting a full harvest of university students from Silver Stackers. Some of you might already know some of the faculty; ie: Distinguished Professor Goldpelican, Senior Lecturer Water&Food, etc.

3. SS

SS New Member

It is all cool. Most here I am sure are stackers and I am pretty sure some stacks are significant!

Some members here wants to trade to get more fiats faster which allows them to stack faster too.

I look at the prices everyday anyway, that's why i decided to get into trading. There is No Way I am selling my stacks...maybe in 2015?

As you can see above, some members here are hilarious, just hang around and ask what ever you want.

Hey SULLA,

I would stack them separately.

Me? 1kilos together and the eagles/kookaburras separately. What is a little annoying is that the 1kilos are all different shapes (Pamp/perth/abc).

I have not got the new 1kilo ABCs yet, by the pics, the dimension looks like the pamps, which is a good thing cause you can store them in the 15x1kg pamp boxes.

4. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix New Member Silver Stacker

5. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have a degree in stacking - BACHELOR OF METALLURGICAL ENGINEERING ..... :p

It means I know which is the right metal, and the engineering techniques for stacking.

My stack never falls over. :)

6. BlackSheep

BlackSheep Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No - he's on second :)

7. SilverPhoenix

No. No. Who's on first. What's the name of the guy on second base? That's right!

8. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

DoolBrevlis you can probably find as many jokesters elsewhere but at least these are jokes about stacking!
    :)

Perhaps if you could define stacking.

There are threads on safes and where to secure your hoard, how to stack to your superannuation, the value of various types of bullion and coins and which type it is best to stack (in the opinion of the authors) and more.

Start your own thread with questions or answers and see what happens.

9. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Every stacker that I've met I've known that I'm in intelligent company. I'm keen to get down to Sydney to meet some of the big names on this site :)

10. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

All the big names are in Brisvegas, sorry Nugget, you lucked out!

11. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Oi - I AM losing weight, albeit slowly :p

12. DoolBrevlis

DoolBrevlis Member

Ha! I got a few chuckles from some of the replies. Good sense of humor you peeps have :)
    It seems I must have not made myself clear as to what I was posting about. I'll try to explain better.

I guess to put it simple, I came here expecting a crowd of physical silver investors, not paper pushers. If it's possible to stack paper silver, is there any enjoyment in it? I can say that I find stacking real physical silver quite enjoyable. Accumulating different pieces of my favorite metal has become a passion. I like to talk about it too.

Personally, I don't consider people who deal in paper silver (which is a fake market IMO) allies with those that are true stackers. One reason being is that the paper pushers support a fraudulent market.

Anyways,
    I hope my confusion is better understood. <oxymoron? :)

13. Aengrod

Aengrod Member

There fixed that for ya :)

14. SilverPhoenix

Ah ha! Light is seen. DoolBrevlis, here you will find few followers of the paper empire. "If you don't own it and hold it, it ain't yours" is the common catchcry. Some may play with paper to increase their holdings of fiat and thus invest in more silver or gold or silver and gold but most accumulate the PM's in hard, physical forms in different styles and sizes. Some stack to hold. Some stack and hold but trade as they adjust their stacks. Some stack and trade and sell - bringing some PM's into the reach (and ken) of other stackers.

Look at the index. Threads for collectors of gold and silver in coins of different varities. Threads for those who prefer their PM's in bar form. Threads for those who collect old coins with silver in them for that "worst case scenario" we all hope isn't on the horizon but probably is.

There's threads critiquing companies for the appearance of their bars, celebrating ugly bars, complaining about lack of bars to buy when the prices dip. Threads for discussions about which is best to hold - pretty PAMPs or ugly Anslies, kg bars or 1/20th oz gold coins ("grocery tokens"). A thread for photos of gold - bars and coins. A thread for those with the desire to boast of or simply to share the beauty of recent acquisitions. I think there is one for those using paper to trade. One of hundreds isn't bad, I would have thought.

If you think this is a forum for paper pushers or supporters of the paper-based trade in PM's, I can only wonder at your interpretations. I think all (and I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong) would scream "HERESY".

Personally, I've learnt a lot here. I read most threads (until the BS starts, then I draw a line). But the thing I've learnt that's the best? How good it is to hold a shiney 20 oz bar of silver in your hand for the first time and play the sunlight over it, dazzling your eyes when you get the angle right. Of course, that's followed by kg, kg PAMP, 10 oz stacker, 10 oz bar, 1 oz bulion coin ... but you get the flow.

15. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

Now I hope you can take a lesson from your thread on SS - " just ask the question " :cool: and no doubt some moron here in SS will reply back :lol:

16. SilverPhoenix

too late hiho - I already did! (Hrumpfh, moron indeed, hrumfph)

17. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

:lol:

18. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

Are you sure that is the correct order?
    I thought it was 1 oz coins, 10 oz stacker,10 oz bar, 20 oz bar, kg Pamp and kg? :eek:

19. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

We're not all followers of the "crash JPM, buy silver" movement. Not everyone here is a permabull, some are bears when there is a reason to be. Some buy low and sell at a profit. Others horde for tougher times, some make a living doing the complete opposite.
    We're all different and this site caters for us all very well.

If some want to play with paper so what? why would that irritate you?
    It can be very quick money if you know what you're doing, and that can go right to buying more PMs. There is no one here capable of affecting the market with their trading so I say good on anyone able to capitalize on a manipulated market.

Now having said all that, the majority of us are stackers so you're never going to be shy of a conversation, that's for sure. Just converse with those who share your view, what works in the real world works on the internet too.

20. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

You must be reading a different silver stackers to the one I'm reading then.
    99% of what I read on this forum is about physical in some form or other.