Picking when to go ALL IN

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by zurnaik, May 3, 2011.

1. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

+1 Great comment!

2. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

You could JUST AS EASILY debate the other side saying that it is a perfect time to go all in.. just think of when Ag was $16 ... all I heard was, you're way too late, mate. Silver is due for a big smack down. Silver hasn't been above $10 for a very long time. It's all uncharted.

Btw.. silver's stranglehold on the market in terms of uses cannot just get switched to copper. Medically? - No. Solar Panels - no. Superconductivity breakthroughs had nothing to do with copper. Its all silver based and its highly unique.

BUT ----- industrial uses have nothing to do with short term spikes. That's manipulation. That much we know. So just forget about the big spikes up (short term-one or two years) having to do with industrial demand.

By the way.. when I bought in at $16.50, it was not as good a buy as it was when it was $5.50 either. Did that stop me spending everything I had on it despite all the naysayers? Nah. It didn't. Long term logical thought patterns. No 'get rich quick' ideas. Just the best solution to my situation. Long term the money is in the bag.

There will be a shitfight along the way with massive corrections and all sorts of shanannigans .. but I know whats worth something, and it aint valuing my possessions in fiat, thats for sure!

3. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Not according to Bob Chapman it isnt. Based on his past record, i'm very happy to have him in my corner.

4. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

You've got your head screwed on right mate! Looks like you're one of an ever increasingly endangered kind around here .... :D

5. Ernster

Ernster New Member

I get the feeling there will be people saying the same thing if we ever get to $500oz Silver..

When its all said said and done, buying at $50 now is a lot more riskier than when you bought it at $16. That cant be debated. (I just feel we are overpriced on a shorterm basis)

Wasnt it Bob Champan who said Silver would be going to $60-$80 in the next couple weeks or so? (he said that a couple weeks ago) as it hit $49-50. Its easy to make predictions when Silver is going crazy and is moving up....these Silver gurus obviously know their stuff but it doesnt mean they are always right. I would take everything they say with a grain of salt. I'd rather listen to a guy like Jim Rogers who isnt as heavily invested in Silver and is more grounded.

But hey do what you feel is right is all I will say. Short term I feel we are in for a correction that what my heart is saying at this point.

6. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

I think the time has come and gone for small stackers, I'm talking about the ones that have only $2000 or so a year to invest on silver. When silver was $10, $12, $15 and $20 was the time to go all in. You would have doubled and tripled your buy in prices if you cost averaged at $15.

If you by now at $45, it's a long way to $90 to double or $135 to triple your fiat.

However if fiat were to collapse, $45 would be a cheap buy in price.

I am not an all in player and I intend to buy less silver from now on. I was on of the lucky ones to get in reasonably early.

However if I was just starting to stack now , I would still buy up until we get a GSR of 20 to 1.

Regards Errol43

7. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

You are so right but are you all in silver. I'm just trying to point out to new stackers that because silver has gone up so much in the last couple of years doesn't mean it will do so in the next 2 years. Like you say 10% is better than -2%.

Regards Errol43

8. bsides

bsides Active Member Silver Stacker

if you dont mind saying, what was your average buy in price? (just to get a gauge..)

9. Trichter

Trichter Member

That's the most personal question you can ask a silverstacker I think after "How big is your stack?"

FYI, I'm guessing I'm in the middle of the bunch here (not early or really late). My average is a little under $25.

10. bsides

bsides Active Member Silver Stacker

yeah i'd say most people would be between $20-$30...