Perth Mint Silver Bullion stack - 80 bars of 20oz (99.9%)

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Sham Bolic, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Sham Bolic

Sham Bolic Member

Looking for expressions of interest in buying my silver stack - 80 bars of Perth Mint 20oz 99.9% bars.

I posted a thread 3 days ago looking to trade my silver stack for gold at the Gold / Silver ratio but seems no one here has that much gold - have received PMs offering to trade for small quantities - 2 or 3 bars - that is not workable as I don't have time to sell piecemeal - minimum 1/2 the stack (40 bars) and preferably the lot. So now seeking expressions of interest for a straight sale for cash - same deal i don't have time for piecemeal sales - minimum 1/2 the stack (40 bars), preferably the lot. No postage deals on this quantity - F2F only and at Perth Mint only - we can go inside and the buyer can ask Perth Mint to verify the product.

Note the following;
    1. Cash bans are coming in Australia (and elsewhere) as soon as next January - about 15 weeks away - initially the new laws will allow cash transaction for private sales like this - but without any doubt this is the thin end of the wedge - the list of allowed exemptions will gradually be whittled down as will the value limit form $10,000 to perhaps as little as $1000 - in just 2-5 years it may be impossible to make cash purchases over $1000 for anything anywhere - even privately - or even a completely cashless economy - digital transactions only.

2. Negative interest rates on bank deposits are likely - this is the real reason for the cash bans - it's nothing to do with the black economy - that's propagandist BS whipped up by the RBA and KPMG - the accounting firm tasked with designing the monetary infrastructure of the new system.

3. Given the above - it's likely that a new PM holding tax (approx in line with the negative cash rate on bank deposits) will be introduced. And purchases from Mint over a mere $5000 have already been mandatorily ID'd for many years.

In short the window is closing on time to buy reasonable quantities of PM, anonymously with cash.

Why am i selling? I was one of the clients affected by the Perth Bullion Company liquidation - my stack was in there - I only just recently got it back - now secured at private premises in Perth short term but i no longer live in Perth - i dont even live in Australia anymore - i moved overseas years ago (that's why i initially stored it at PBC) and why i wont be around long enough to sell 2 bars / week. Now that PBC is gone - there is nowhere left in WA to store it - the Mint wont take their own shit back into storage - so non-local silver stackers at the liquidated storage vault now have to sell it or transport it - 80 bars of 20oz is too bulky and heavy (50kg) for a single person to transport by plane - that's why i posted previously re straight gold trade - maybe 2 or 3 travelers could probably break the stack down into manageable quantity for air travel - but flight prices would have to be cheap to minimize the extra airfares - as i am international the fares aren't cheap enough - intra-Australia flyers might find budget tickets and use 2 or 3 people to transport it elsewhere in Australia. (You could pay for secure transport but it's $50/kg - probably better to get a party of 2 or 3 and some dirt cheap flights to Perth - and carry it on with you.) Obviously the stack would best suit Perth based stackers though.
    Indicative picture of 80 bar stack here to give you an idea - this is a stock photo from the 'net but mine is the same size - my avatar is one of my actual 80 bars - you can see the problem here re international flights;
    upload_2019-9-5_21-44-8.png

If there are no offers at the asking price i will fall back on an existing offer to buy the lot at spot price - but that's still 7.5% below the Perth Mint sell price which is a bit too much - i think 3.25% below Perth Mint sell price is fair - you get a discount to Perth Mint price, and you get anonymous ownership with unlogged private purchase - which in the near future years is going to become nearly impossible and so for some the anonymity will be worth a premium OVER Perth Mint price (as they log purchases) - but here for now you get a 3.25% discount to Perth Mint price (and there is apparently a bit of a premium now for these 20oz Perth Mint silver bars - but i'm willing to ignore this to further increase the discount slightly).

Perth Mint links here;
    1. Physical silver spread; http://www.perthmintbullion.com/jp/Buy-Silver-Bars.aspx
    2. Spot spread; https://www.perthmint.com/metalprices.aspx

Attached Files:

jultorsk, Mud Gecko and GoldenEye like this.
  2. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I dont think there is any premium on these 20oz bars anymore. Im sure you could get spot or very close to spot here on the forum or f2f in Perth. full stack or half stack its a big purchase . Silver bars are and always will be available for cash or trade on the secondary market ;)

Sham Bolic and 66rounds like this.
  3. Number 47

Number 47 Well-Known Member

To bad you don't have the time to separate.
    I reckon they'd sell like hot cakes individually at or close to spot.
    The 20oz bars are a great little size.
    I defiantly would've been keen on a few.

Sham Bolic and 66rounds like this.
  4. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Contact new member @STKR, he is keen on a big buy of silver in the next few weeks.

STKR and Sham Bolic like this.
  5. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Location is a deal-breaker, sorry. Nice hoard, good luck with the sale.

6. ddevil

ddevil Active Member Silver Stacker

If you were able to get them shipped to Melbourne, I'm sure Bullion Now would pay you a fair price

7. classic

classic Member