Anal transport companies

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Sham Bolic, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Sham Bolic

Sham Bolic Member

Been trying to get a quote all day to transport the stack over east - its like pulling teeth - 1 failed to answer email AT ALL all day - Armaguard gave a rough quote but wont give exact quote until setting up an account - and Brinks, get this, wont even give a quote without filling out a 2 page pdf asking for address, source of income, contingency plan upon death (wtf?), social security number and passport number - and not just passport number but copy of passport - this just for a goddamned quote not even at contract stage - what the hell is going on in Australia? Anyone know why transport companies are so anal here?

2. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I will do it for half of whatever they quoted you.

3. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's not just transport companies. Sadly, the experiment is complete and the subjugation of the Australian population into obedient, self-regulating mental midgets is accomplished.

1 in approximately 500,000 driver inspections at roadblocks results in loss of Driving license.
    Compulsory Bike helmet laws do not affect the number of cycling head injuries.
    You can be fined for letting your children walk home from school.
    etc
    etc
    etc.

Written in Melbourne where an 80klm/hr speed limit applies to 5 lane freeways.
    Where road width is reduced by bike lanes painted on roads with parallel dedicated bike paths.
    Where supermarket plastic bags are banned but individually plastic wrapped fresh produce is not.
    etc
    etc
    etc.

I'm surprised your transport company doesn't require a dangerous goods survey as well.

GF, Sham Bolic and 66rounds like this.
  4. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What do you expect when 68% of the average person's income goes directly to the government.

Sham Bolic likes this.
  5. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I’ve transported pm’s across the Nullarbor before. Long drive, but also happy to do it for you..

6. Number 47

Number 47 Well-Known Member

That sounds unusual.
    I've had limited experience using couriers but every time I have it's almost been as easy as using Australia post. Only they require a item value , and a few of your details like name, address, email, phone number.
    Perhaps it's a counter terrorism thing?

How about just rolling up to a depo with it all boxed in metal ammo boxes in a larger locked toolbox strapped to a pallet and talking to them about transport and insurance?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  7. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Anal transport? I thought this thread was about smuggling PMS in your anus.
    The title almost click baited me and I thought those aussie fellas are getting desperate now!

8. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

bring one of this?
    [​IMG]

STKR and shinymetal like this.