Perth ANDA show

Discussion in 'Meetings & Events' started by Graeme, Mar 3, 2012.

1. ausau

ausau Active Member Silver Stacker

Hi,
    Bullion Club had their own stamped silver bullion bar (10 Oz, I think, not sure of price) and a 5 oz prey bar for $190, saw a 2 ounce Perth ANDA tiger coin show coin for $595 and a 4 coin tiger typeset for $1050, also saw about 7 of the swan dollar coins ranging in price from $1850 to $2450 (Boyou would be in heaven!). They were selling the opal koala for $229 while just opposite it was $165!
    Saw some other dirty looking old coins for 200 grand, they weren't even silver just copper.
    Andrew from S&C as per the above post has a great range of misc silver items generally all marked with their ASW, saves us and him time calculating it all out!
    They need to do something about how it is all setup, there is not enough room, chairs everywhere in the way and they need an easier way of getting to the PM counter.
    Saw some SS members there, will need to invent a SS (silver stacker, secret squirrel) handshake.
    Will be there tomorrow for a better look around as was rushed for time.

Blake.

2. Franko

Franko Member Silver Stacker

I missed out on a dragon by about 20 people in the line today wasn't to fussed as I was only after one but I did wait for an hour in line. Will be a bit annoyed if they end up on the perth mint website this week. I could see a few stackers missing out as well in front of me.

I agree with every thing Austacker said, I picked up a 1/20 S1 gold tiger from Sterling & Currency for $95 only to have the guy next to try and take it out of my hands when I was told of the price. I left straight after that.

There were two people in the crowd who weren't dealers trying to buy peoples gold coins while waiting to get in and also inside.

I did feel sorry for the Ladies and Gentlemen who were at the front they were only volunteers from the Perth Numismatic Society but copped a bit of abuse from a few people.

Definitely an eye opener on how not to buy and sell couldn't even get a look in at a few dealers but thats life. Even seeing people trying to haggle/buy proof coins for spot from the dealers was funny enough.

Was thinking about going back tomorrow arvo and having a good look but might go to the pub instead.

3. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

I agree Franko, what annoyed me as well was the low ball price some of these dealers were offering either the very old or very young. I saw a very elderly chap who couldn't hear too well. His wife had passed a wad of notes to the dealer he took them away came back and said I will give you $200. While I can not be sure but at a quick glance I reckon there was a lot more than that in it. There was a lot of frustrated people around.

Possibly the worst environment ever to do a respectable trade, either buying or selling. As I said while some were very nice, the rest will never see any of my business.

4. Scorpion75

Scorpion75 New Member

A few of these posts says it all about some people that are into Silver.Lots of rude pricks and prickettes.LOL

One thing I don't allow is people pushing in. Abusive language is another. It goes for anywhere not just the mint etc. A one way ticket to the dentist.

It amazes me how impatient and rude people can be. Perth people are usually better than this.

I do think S/S guys and girls are many classes above some of the morons going around.

Scorp

5. Franko

Franko Member Silver Stacker

It wasn't all bad Scorp. I just had it in my head before I went in that I would be leaving with a nice shiney gold sov or some great looking pre dec and a 2oz dragon of course.

But when people starting to push in front of me at the display cases I just left.

I'm sure it would have got better as the day went on and would be better today. There was some great stuff for sale, next time I just won't be going first thing.