Perth ANDA show

Discussion in 'Meetings & Events' started by Graeme, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Graeme

Graeme Member Silver Stacker

Any other stackers crazy enough to be here already .... apart from me ?

The entry queue is minimal at the moment but people insist on coming down and depriving me of buying opportunities. :)

2. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Lol Graeme, I'm ahead of you in the line :)

3. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes me!! Already waiting in line

4. alexisio

alexisio New Member Silver Stacker

any good buys there?

5. Graeme

No idea. Not gone in yet. They insist on 10am opening. :)

6. Graeme

500 (????) 2oz dragons have been released today and the balance tomorrow (maybe???). If you weren't here early to get one, try tomorrow. The queue is still massive and many people will be disappointed on missing out.

As expected, dealers are selling most coins/numismatic items at catalogue value or above in some cases.

IAG have a good display of rare and highly valuable coins with the pick being a holey dollar for $210,000 from memory. For $6500 you can pick up a 1921/22 overdate 3d which is reasonable.

Happy hunting to those coming down.

Update: Dragons appear to be sold out now.
    Update 2: Now unsure how many dragons were allocated for sale today. Hmmm :rolleyes:

7. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I hope they have 2oz dragons as a show special at the Brisbane ANDA show, it might even be worth going this year.

8. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Not gonna happen Jiz .... AFAIK it's a Perth-only thing.

9. Graeme

Correct .... maybe they will have ANDA 2oz privy dragons for other states. LOL.

10. Jislizard

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Damnit, we need a better ANDA rep for Brisbane, maybe we can get something even better (though going by the last few years, I do not hold out much hope.

11. Jislizard

You got yours I trust! That will be a nice one for the collection, you don't get much more limited than that, I wonder how many are up on eBay by now!

12. Graeme

Yes ... I got some dragons. :)

13. BIGGRIN

BIGGRIN Member

The queue was massive. If you didn't arrive before 10am you would have missed out. I joined the line at 9.55am and there would have been a couple of hundred of people in front of me and the same again behind me. I picked up mine and then about five minutes later they sold out their allocation for the day. Early bird cached the worm. I'd be there around 9am to miss the worst of the line up and be certain you would score if you are attending tomorrow. Dragon fever is back.

BG

14. aussilver

aussilver Member Silver Stacker

Waited in line for an hour and got to the counter to be told we are selling no more today and there is only 100 left for sunday.There is no way they sold 900 in an hour.Perth Mint p$sses many people off again!!!At a guess from the amount of people in front of me they probably sold 400 max today.

15. STC

I got myn, #26 & #27.
    2x high relief also.

16. BIGGRIN

BIGGRIN Member

Ok. Who got #s; 8, 88 and 888. Time to own up you lucky, lucky...

17. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've got COA 0888 1oz Coloured Tiger Series II --- Don't know how much it's worth though

18. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

Well I went as well and got there about 10.20 I wasn't really fussed on any of the dragons it was a case if I did I did and if I didn't so what. So no line to get in and as we walked through the door we saw a line running around the stalls to the PM stand and a separate the RAM stand. I had my daughter with me so we decided to start looking around.

We headed to the larger dealers on the RHS as you entered and dreamed a bit about some of the rarities. My daughter was looking for a few odds and ends so we started looking at the mass stands. I am amazed at just how rude people are inconsiderate. While we were looking at some releases we would have had 5 people push in front of my daughter, who is only 9 and had a cast on from a broken arm. She had picked up the space proof set to show me as she is interested in space and before I could tell her a bit about the dealer was grabbing it out of her hand and counting his stock. I thought you rude .... and left.

At another stand had a seller and buyer exchange rather colorful language right in front of us. We had to wait for people to even ask if we wanted something it was as if we were transparent or not a big enough customer. Well they blew that one as a few people on this site know, do not judge a book by its cover, big mistake dealers you lost out.

Finally as the announcement went of the sold out PM Dragons the line at the PM was minimal, we went to see if any High Relief and of course not, which was cool kinda expected it. We went to enter the competition and asked for a form, the lady grabbed a handful and put them on the counter, my daughter took 2 and started to fill it in, only to have a lady in her late 60's I guess reach in front of her and grab about 40 of them, well there you go tells me an awful lot so far about this crowd and dealers that are here.

While at the PM stand a lady (well kind off) was mighty upset about missing out, she was questioning the allocation and was told by your brunette friend that there was only 300 released to day. She was furious and I must say it seems like again it could have been handled better. I am over trying for these thing, sure I will give a go here and there, but certainly not going out of my way. Lesson Learned.

Went to Stirling and Currency and they had a good selection of silver at spot for $33oz so if anyone is looking for some silver that was the best deal I saw. There were Balboas x 2 plenty of Masterpieces in Silver and other global stuff. The packaging was damaged but coins were good. As you look at his stand the far left corner was all the bulk silver goodies, I left plenty for you all.

In general there were a lot of nice dealers, but a few ruined this for me, I doubt any of them will get my money next year. I believe even a pre-release ballot is necessary similar to the RAM Kangaroo at Sunset release. I would much rather miss out this way, than have others getting 2, 4 etc... and having to line up. It would spread the crowd around throughout the day rather than busy in the morning.

My vote a weak 6/10

19. STC

I also saw the angry lady at the PM kiosk, i was standing near her when it was announced that allocation was sold out for today (she was about half queue), did she wail, then she went out front trying to get her ticket money back.

Lots of pick pocket types there also.

Can't believe I put my address on the comp entry form..

Had a good chat to the guy & gals at bullionclub. Nice ppl.

Smelt a scratch n sniff koala coin lol (felt dirty touching a silver coin)

20. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

We only ever use the PO Box number, no need for them to know an actual address. If they want to contact me they can via post or mobile. I don't give out email either.