Peregrine Falcon RCM

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by SilverKendo, Feb 10, 2014.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Just having fun with you WSD. I appreciate all the help you give us. But I do despise the RCM for not caring about the voice of the people to correct this issue. If going down to .999's helps solve the problem, then do it. But I won't buy from them until it is fixed. I know numismatic don't have it, but doesn't matter to me...they are a POS company if they don't fix it. They do have some of the prettiest numi-coins...but I won't touch them...with a 10ft pole.

2. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

Haha no worries :).

I personally have not seen milk spots on any of the 2014 Coins so far...and there have been reports of this issue being corrected, or attempted to be corrected. The last coin I did witness milk spots on were the 2013 25th Anniversary Maples.

3. Ares

Ares New Member

It's the wording I used, being products of the RCM I have a tendancy of saying it in the manner of the coins being from them. But that's beside the point.

If a coin can last only a year (or less, actually, one developed in a matter of a few months) then IMO unless the intention is to flip them for profit relatively rapidly then it can be a real gamble vis a vis if they develop spots or not.

That's just me, i've not got a whole lot of cash to inject into this so spending money on something which visually looks ghastly (again, IMO) is a major turn off. Sure I get it's bullion and it's about the metal at the end of the day but coins with milk spots don't sell so well and are not particularly nice to own aesthetically.

But like I said, that's my opinion. I'm gunna wait a while and see if complaints come out about any of their 2014 stock.

4. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

Do you keep them "Naked" or in capsules? My personal collection is in capsules, and for the most part, the wildlife series is pretty safe from spots (with rare exceptions)

In the words of Steve Jobs "You're using it wrong" ;) (iPhone 4 Antennagate!)