Peregrine Falcon RCM

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by SilverKendo, Feb 10, 2014.

1. lostwords

lostwords New Member

That's the sad thing about RCM. The milk spots in their bullions makes people think their proof or numismatic coins have milk spots too.

2. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

Sorry but I have to disagree.
    Milk spots are created at the point of manufacture.
    They may show up more in time with poor storage but if they are spotted at the start it doesn't make much difference how they are packaged.

3. swe_silver

swe_silver New Member

Nice coin but i dont buy anything from RCM anymore. RCM = milkspots. Thats it. To bad.

4. JoeFromNorthCarolina

JoeFromNorthCarolina New Member

5. db23

db23 Member

I will trust Justfishin when he says his mint rep says they believe they fixed the problem. He's used his RCM connection to help me out on more than one occasion.

Still though, seeing is believing - so it'll be interesting to see in another 6-9 months if everyone is complaining about milk spots on their Falcons.

6. lostwords

lostwords New Member

I just hate it when people make such blanket statement but as I said earlier, it's RCM fault as well. If they had fixed their bullion milk spots, folks wouldn't have make such statement. for the millionth times, Only RCM bullion stuffs have milk spots. Their proof stuffs / fancy coins does not have any milk spots...

7. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Does it really matter? I know that the collectibles don't have issues. That's great. But for them to charge a premium (thru their dealer network) on the bullion coins, knowing full well they had issues with spotting, and not give a rats arse about it, saying in essence, 'too bad, it's bullion.' Well, at that point, I take issue with the entire company. Sorry that you hate this way of thinking, but I believe it is the way of thinking a lot of us have, and I think it is okay.

If they've made fixes, great, I'll wait and see (after about a year...or so). I lost a lot of money because of their numbnut, stinking, apathetic attitude about milk spots on their 'premium coins' like the wildlife series. I have no problem with white spots on maples. Actually I do, but atleast the are priced right. But don't rape us on the cost of the cougars, bears, and the other wild-life coins, saying, 'too bad for the white spots.' I lost a lot, and I ain't happy. I'm glad their collectibles are perfect. Fantastic. Their bullion issues should have been fixed a long time ago. They lost a long term buyer, and I suspect a lot more are in that camp. Sorry RCM. You suck, until proven otherwise.

8. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

Looking at the bright side I remember a couple quotes I read a while back on this forum about RCM coins , "at least if there is white spots you know its authentic" and another "if it aint ugly it aint Canadian" , not my words...

9. swe_silver

swe_silver New Member

1. Maples, all coins in the Wildlife series and 1,5 oz Polar bear have HUGE problems with milkspots.
    2. Ok, I am not talking about proof coins here. I dont buy proofs at all.
    3. So you can hate such statements as much as you want, i will say it again and again and again. It is just facts. Its my own experience for several years and apparently it is for many others. RCM deliver milkspots and because of that i wouldnt take any chances and buy anything at all from them, including the proofs, they proven really bad quality for me. If it was another mint, like The Perth Mint releasing this coin i would buy it, i like the design. But RCM, no way.

Word.

And it is so true. They really look like crap with all milkspots. And RCM just dont care and year after year they produce this. And some people seems to like it. For me RCM are banned. Because RCM = milkspots.

10. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

Bottom line here folks---PEOPLE ARE BUYING THEM UP--DONT LIKE IT-DONT BUY IT

11. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

coin looks good
    but risk of having milk spots after a while makes me skip rcm bullion products for my silver collection

12. swe_silver

swe_silver New Member

Yes, but you cant say it to many times. Many people are not aware about this i guess, so its a good thing that people are being warned for RCM and there massive milkspots issues. I learned the hard way and bought the coins and many others as well, just take a look in this thread. I would not if i knew. So a big milkspot warning in every thread or blog about RCM coins is a good thing and hopefully some people buy better coins instead. RCM dont do anything about it all. This have been going on for many years now. So bottom line for me is to shout: DONT BUY COINS FROM RCM! THEY WILL GET MILKSPOTS ANY YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED

13. anonmiss

anonmiss Active Member Silver Stacker

This fourm provides a wealth of information free to thoes who want to read it.
    If people are buying these coins and are ignorant on the RCM milkspot history then threads such as these are valuble.
    They inform buyers of potential problems that may lead to a decreased chance of resale.
    Information is free, what people do with it is up to them.
    Milkspots will affect resale value.
    I for one have gone off the RCM in a big way due to milkspots and will not buy any premium coins from them.

14. crazy hippo

crazy hippo New Member

this has peed me off no end, i got 3, two were fine, i went to get the third for an ebay customer and had milk spots on it. grrrrr.

no more rcm.

15. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

I sit here since 3 years with a monsterbox maples and it's the only kind of coin that I didnt open a monterbox to see, because I rather prefer to not know about eventual milkspots.
    I had a single tube too, bought from ebay, it came with just a few spots, but after 6 months, it was like it went pandemic. I managed to get them in a clean state (using silver cloth carefully) then I swapped them for 90% junk.
    And the first silver I'll sell one day, will be that unopened monsterbox maples. I did see occasional milkspots on philharmonikers too, and even a few on ASE's, but compared to maples it's nothing.
    Since the problem is near to absent on other Mints bullion products, there is no reason for RCM to not be able to solve it, so it looks like they don't care, which is a weird attitude for a company, and I suspect that the reason for the milk spots has alot to do with the 9999 instead of 999, and since the 9999 hallmark is used as a sales argument, it might be that the milk spots are unsolvable. Does any1 know other nonproof, ordinary bullion
    9999 or even 99999 silver? How it's there?

16. crazy hippo

crazy hippo New Member

I've herd nothing from the royal silver company, and i have an early anden cat, from 2011.
    mine is clean.

i don't want anything from RCM in my stack... its a shame truly, i actually liked the coin.

17. Ares

Ares New Member

Got 3 coins from the RCM (small collector, no big bullion purchases for me right now) and 2 of them have milk spots on them, the edges of a '13 Maple and a 1.5oz '13 polar bear. Only thing holding straight right now is my Bison.

Wouldn't buy from them again unless it was a design I was particularly fond of. May as well spend the extra and get a Panda and enjoy the coin clean as opposed to going all crappy.

18. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

RCM Doesn't sell bullion directly, so you could not have gotten them from RCM. A 2013 coin is over a year old at this point and is more likely to have developed milk spots than a 2014 Maple for example.

19. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Bottom Line, unless you like white paint on your coins, stay away from the RCM bullion coins. ALL OF THEM. Who cares if it is .99999999. I may spend .50 over spot for your maples, cougars, wolves, bears, elk, and buffalo, with white dots...maybe. Stay away from anything to do with that POS mint. I think WSD works there. LOL.

20. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

Me working at RCM? Yeah right. I'm pretty sure they'd prohibit me from dealing with other mints if that were the case lol.

I'm an accountant by profession, coins are just a side job/hobby :).