Panda Chinese Coins

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by meeko2011, Jun 11, 2011.

1. meeko2011

meeko2011 Member

Hi group,
    I just got the bug for the Chinese Panda Coins and bought two from Downies to start my little hoard :):p Came across this site I thought it may be of interest to anyone else that is thinking the of doing the same and buying Chinese Panda's
    http://www.china-mint.info/fakechinesecoinsellers.html

Its Physical Silver for me

Have a great Day

Meeko2011

2. meeko2011

meeko2011 Member

Yes
    Just starting to bought a couple in the states they seem to have a better supply there looking at the 2001 and 2002 Silver Panda's first

Regards Meeko2011

3. 25Grizzlies

25Grizzlies Member

Who's your seller in the states or are you buying off various ebayers? Have had trouble getting them to send the coins to Aus.

4. Pandacollector

Pandacollector Active Member

5. au_ag_miner

au_ag_miner Member

I guess at the end of the day, you need to do some homework before you buy Pandas.
    Fake Panda sellers have many IDs.
    But I find joy in buying the real ones for good price. :)
    Though hardly any now ... :(

6. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yup, I second Pandacollector's website. The best panda website out there (in my opinion).

7. GilM

GilM New Member

2011 5 Oz Pandas with box and COA can be purchased in eBay Germany in attractive prices. Just got mine for 335 Euros ($479). Searching the completed auctions you'll see that many bids end around 336-350 Euros.
    These coins are sold for over $600 USD in eBay USA and for $750 USD at Gainesville. Any idea why such differences in prices?

Link to eBay Germany search:
    http://muenzen.shop.ebay.de/i.html?...zen&_osacat=11116&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

8. Pandacollector

That's very cheap - below the retail price in China. There obviously isn't much demand in Germany for the coins at the moment which has created some bargain prices. Get 'em while they last.

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    http://www.pandacollector.com

9. GilM

GilM New Member

What is the retail price in China?

10. Diablo21

Diablo21 Member

Same question from me as well.

I picked up four last week (I think) for $45 each and then ordered one online yesterday at $43.50 CAD. I'm getting addicted, was thinking of ordering some of the old ones but then decided to hold off on it.

11. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

I'd like to get one for kicks but I'm mainly stickin to bars rounds and junk silver I buy maples, grizzlies, and ASE's, but I'm mostly into getting the most oz.s for the lesst dollars.

12. lionfishcoin

lionfishcoin Member

$500

13. silverlover

silverlover Member

Pandas may have the biggest upside to any silver coin that I have ever seen. But it's also the most dangerous to get into with the amount of fakes that are out there. If you happen to study the Panda market and really learn it, the profits can be huge in the future.

I'm not trading my kooks for Pandas any time soon. just that the Pandas can be home runs in the future.
    I'm starting to get into Pandas myself as I'm still learning the ropes.

14. Pandacollector

While you are learning the ropes stick to buying from sources that can really be trusted. That way, even if you pay a little more in the short run, you will capture the longer term gains with genuine coins. The worst feeling is to own what you think is a valuable coin for 10-20 years and then discover it is fake after it has become worth a prince's ransom and you try to sell it. I did that once a long time ago with an American Silver Dollar and it isn't something I am likely to forget. If you buy right it is a lot easier to sell well.

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    http://www.pandacollector.com

15. silverlover

silverlover Member

Peter thank you very much for the great tip and is an honor for you to post here!

I thought about this a bit as well as I bought the Pandas from an excellent reputable dealer. I bought only the sealed bagged versions of the 2004 n 2002 Pandas.

Looks like the 2002 Pandas are on the rise lately.

16. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+1 Thanks heaps PandaCollector. It really is an honor to have someone as knowledgeable as you posting on these forums. I know you have your pricepedia (which i subscribe to, and recommend frequently).

Here are the latest prices that have been actualised on this forum. Hopefully this helps the Panda loving community.

[​IMG] - http://forums.silverstackers.com/to...compared-against-other-1oz-bullion-coins.html

I totally agree with silverlover "Pandas may have the biggest upside to any silver coin that I have ever seen... If you happen to study the Panda market and really learn it, the profits can be huge in the future."

The profits I have seen just with the 2010s are amazing. I remember thinking, $30 per coin was expensive. But now that seems so cheap, and can easily get me 2x ASE or 2x Mapes, etc.

The profits I have seen from the 2009s are even more amazing. I remember picking up a few for $43 in 2010, and thinking that the upside on these wouldn't be much, but now they are fetching $90 and more!

I've collected sovereigns, kooks, etc and have never seen such an upside swing that I've seen with Pandas. Especially just over a couple of short years.

17. lionfishcoin

lionfishcoin Member

yennus, possible to organize a 2010 silver panda group buy?

18. silverlover

silverlover Member

Great chart. If I had to make a small little change, I would put 2002 Panda a bit closer to the 2004, and the timber wolf a bit more ahead than the grizzly.

Still, very nice chart!

19. silverlover

silverlover Member

Not sure what you are trying to get at. I think it's understood already that generics usually get outperformed in comparison to other govt minted back coins and it's strictly for the "silver is silver" crowd. Nothing wrong with that, different strokes for different folks.

Personally I think yennus paid a bit high on the 2009 Panda and even then it still saw a nice increase in value. Another underlying factor is the rate of increase in value. For example the 2002 bagged sealed Panda coins have seen a sharp increase just in the past 6 weeks while prior to that it was getting steady increases.

20. silverlover

silverlover Member

Cool.

Though many of the coins talked about here (Pandas, Lunars, Perth stuff) not only did they just keep their already high premiums but a few coins have actually increased. For example the 2002 Pandas premium increased duringmthe bearish doldrum period after the flash crash. Same with Lunar series II coins like the tiger.

I'm not sure if it's amazing, but it sure feels pretty good to hold coins that are increasing in value despite a steep drop in price.

(edited for typos due to my newbieness using the IPad 2):)