New Years Risk Portfolio ?

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by southerncross, Dec 28, 2017.

1. JNS

JNS Active Member Silver Stacker

As a new joiner for crypto, my wife just ask me, How much you are willing to lose? I said, i can lose as much as many gold coins i kept for years. I am an earner by profession and never been afraid of anything to lose when possibilities are recognizable. She smiled and told me as long as it will not create anything that makes harms on myself.

By then, a lot of sleepless night, researching, reading web page by page, looking for many possibilities. She even joined me trading every night and played pushing some shit coins ups and down. I never lost the fascination of PM and precious alike investment materials but i can see more opportunity to earn in crypto. It was just late October when BTC hits 5KUSD and look at it now. I can not earn them by stacking PM. The crypto is evolving, you just need to be in the game.

Too risky? yet keeping metals are risky too. From buying to stacking, Keeping a small biz or company is high risk too due fast innovations. A lot of counter part as well.

Many are afraid because they do not even try to find the entrance door, finding exits will never be found then, The best is to look for multiple exits as always in any investment.

Returns? It is worthy as long as you stayed focus for what you are doing and putting some safeguards and limits. This way you will never get zeroed at all.

It is a new years risk portfolio for me, but i would rather risk "MONEY than risk my precious "TIME" in waiting and speculating.

You can drop coins and wait, pick up if losing, re invest quickly, back to fiat, back to metals or keep trading with shit coins, or finally just buy things you like.

I am not fond of making things complicated, sophisticated and full of tangled, besides it is just numbers. I will watch them, move them anytime and I already did.

2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

@SX, good points. The lower end of exchanges are well, if not over-represented.

Would it not take heavy institutional investment to reach that $50 to $100 000 point though? Mums and dads (and the Chinese ATM because of currency restrictions) aren't going to push the price of BTC higher in order to trade in the magnitudes of 10's or 100's of 1000's of $$ when the alternatives are much cheaper, thereby dragging funds away from BTC ino alts and the market in goods for trading 10's or 100's of 1000's of $$ in BTC is not there. And these institutional investors aren't going to buy BTC based upon transaction costs.

3. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

its called mass adoption, just because bitcoin was launched 8 years ago doesnt mean anyone was using it. your grandma may have seen it on today tonight, the next step is setting up her wallet.

4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Sounds like my wife. Women aren't risk-takers, probably explains why some of them marry the first dead-beat that comes along.

And before anyone says anything......... :p

5. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

the way i see it, its riskier not to be hodling crypto in 2018. i dont think i could sit on the sidelines and miss out on the gains that are to be had.

if you take the emotion out and treat it jsut as any other commodity, pre determined entry and exit points rather than an emotional attachment you stand to make a nice profit. risk is opportunity, the same risk is how business make a profit.

SilvaMozzie, JNS and mmm....shiney! like this.
  6. jerrygold

jerrygold Active Member Silver Stacker

The main problem with crypto is the average person just can't "get it".

"What!? its all just made up on some nerds computer? HAHAHAHAH"

They have no concept how fiat or banking works because if they did they wouldn't give a flying duck that crypto is on computers. But once someone gets a taste of what crypto gives them, like an anonymous bank account that they can start trading in immediately and make more and more and more, then it is quite addicting I think. It is a shame so many people are just allergic to it because they are missing out on one of those once in a generation type things and their family will suffer for generations as a result of their lack of balls.

SilvaMozzie and southerncross like this.
  7. JNS

IMO, they are just number, just to remember it, sell/buy then forget. Take the profit.
    We only guard the logic block, Yes if positive, No if negative of profit.
    Then repeat the process.
    No body will know the rise and fall.

My personal view on these, no emotions just numbers. i always release them when i win then continue.

8. jerrygold

jerrygold Active Member Silver Stacker

When you have had at least 3 MASSIVE crashes in price you have a history of something. Not only massive price crashes but the rebound. Instead of focusing on the 3 large bitcoin crashes we could instead focus on the fact 3 times it has gone even higher. There is expectation now due to history. The 1st crash people thought it was the end, the 2nd crash people though THIS is the end, 3rd crash people are like its probably not the end. Each rebound now happens quicker because people have that history to fall back on and invest with it in mind.

I would say the 2nd crash is when the leaves were shook off the tree and from that point people have enough information to fall back on. The next bitcoin crash is going to happen we all know it just like we know it will rebound again. It wouldn't matter if we were trading digital tulips at this point when people think they can make money they act in pretty predictable ways.

9. JNS

When there is a run from 5K to 20k in BTC, i have big money inside.
    at 12K, i liquidate again some savings to inject.
    i was sitting happy at 19K for few moments then it went down to 12K back.

Many of my friends withdrawn out of panic. I took my wallet and went to small coins and jumbled them in flatforms.
    Numbers come up via trading and happy to cover loses, but actually they are not.
    Now all even out and already move out my original savings.

All i hate that i keeping a peek on my mobile phone when at work, looking at my screen when i am in the kitchen and my desktop in my bedroom.
    When i fly on the plane, i check first my mobile phone rather than looking on my next flight.
    My new year 2018 had changed a lot.

Phiber likes this.
  10. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have been trying to do just that but I'm just not so sure the sun is still shining. We've gone behind a cloud and I'm waiting for it to come out :)

Every market needs corrections and with the knowledge and experience you yourself have attributed to me I can see some big errors in the market that need to be corrected. I am certain that will happen but getting the timing right is hard and I also don't know if it will be a gradual correction or a sharp one. If history is a guide it'll be sharp and I do want to live long enough to buy any big corrections.

I'm still studying it closely and I have some strategies to execute (which I am reviewing for 2018). Happy enough with my results in 2017 not to be greedy.

leo25 and southerncross like this.
  11. JNS

12. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't expect metals to go up that much, but i expect some miners to do some big crypto style runs. Metals are the most disliked things atm, so i want to buy that market now. Cryptos are the hottest thing in town atm and that's why i don't want to buy now. I think cryptos will have another big corrections and then ill feel better getting back in.

When i do get back in ill be looking at Bitcoin cash, Litecoin, Monero, SALT, Vertcoin and maybe Aeon and PIVX for more spec trades.

Bullion Baron and BuggedOut like this.
  13. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I now have a small amount of SALT, VTC and BCH (though i tend to spend BCH). Thought ill take your advice and hold some in case I'm wrong (again) and the market goes up from here. If it drops down to my target levels ill do a bigger buy, but for now I'm happy with just a small amount in the market.

BuggedOut likes this.
  14. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think this could actually be a good re-entry point after all. We're almost through the weekend and if it was going to have a serious dip I think it would have happenned. The mania has been dampened a bit and the last real sell off failed to make a new low and so we are potentially going to get a wave of optimism with the start of a new year.

I have a lot of respect for @leo25 and his caution does help me keep my own FOMO in check. But I do see a way for the market to move forward now while also pushing Bitcoin to the side.

I am loathe to re-post my steemit content here as it is rarely well received, but I think it's relevant to this discussion and kind of explains why I moved some fiat back into crypto recently. I am effectively betting on a gradual re-alignment of the market within the bull run, rather than a sharp re-alignment that could cause a crash.

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@buggedout/bitcoin-falters-as-1-gateway-crypto-and-a-challenger-emerges

leo25 and Stoic Phoenix like this.