New Years Risk Portfolio ?

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by southerncross, Dec 28, 2017.

1. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Look's like some of the best Mind's here on SS to do with Crypto jumped ship a month or so back.
    Not sure if they are all out though as they are still posting, some are still annoying as ever with risk management.Cough Cough/GrchchcLeoRRrr .

Even Mr Nostradazzle us all Silver DJ is back in the Game after an Emphatic I'm Outta here a month or two back.

Bugged is still on the sidelines it would seem...But baby's are pretty distracting, let's not mention their mothers shall we, as they can be even more demanding.

Let me be clear here, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone (I'm sipping on a glass of chilled Baileys and Ice) But a lot of the cooler heads here apparently bailed out right near the top of the market ( BTW Your not included in that list SDJ as you were out quite a bit beforehand).

So where to next ? All the MSM, Banksters, Gold and Silver die hards, Gov't, All of them are predicting BTC to Zero, Crypto's to Crash shortly.

leo25 likes this.
  2. Eliassamaha

Eliassamaha Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Are you still holding on to your wagerr, if so where’s that case of beer you promised me?

A touch is over .50c

southerncross likes this.
  3. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm still here. A bit distracted as you mention and trying to suppress the FOMO.

Still believe BTC has some serious problems with performance and they haven't convinced me they will fix it. I fundamentally disagree with BTC positioning as a store of wealth as opposed to a currency. So I think it's overpriced and vulnerable to BCH. But if BTC crashes then the alts go with it so I still see that risk. I am looking at trading pairs on alt-coin exchanges closely.

I bought some ETH today with some of my fiat, which was kind of a big deal for me as I don't think the crap has been flushed out of the market yet, but maybe it won't this time. Would have thought it would be vulnerable this Friday but the market is showing strength and maybe it was just pausing for the holiday period after all. Incoming December holidays was certainly one of the reasons I sold.

Also bought some EOS as I think that tech is potentially game changing for the apps side of things, which is where I think the big growth is.

4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Not holding any BTC and won’t. Transaction costs are just ridiculous, hardly a store of value.

southerncross and leo25 like this.
  5. jerrygold

jerrygold Active Member Silver Stacker

If you hold crypto you wake up every day feeling ALIVE. Nocoiners are boring and have less sex according to a study I just read.

6. jerrygold

You could just hold it on an exchange if you are feeling like upping your risk portfolio. But I agree, having to pay $80 to move it means you better be moving large amounts or its not worth it. Until recently this wasn't that big a concern but the need for something like bch/litecoin/eth to move money quickly is becoming apparent. I think some alt will take the lead on this and become more expensive. As to which one who knows.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  7. mmm....shiney!

Hopefully XRB.

8. jerrygold

I've got no horse in the race yet as I mainly trade fiat/bitcoin . I have a feeling it will be litecoin due to its faster block time and more innovations over something like bch. Eth seems possible too but its also more delayed and costly than litecoin.

Never heard of XRB is that the latest shit we are pushing in the wheelbarrow to the bank? ;)

metalzzz and mmm....shiney! like this.
  9. mmm....shiney!

Latest pump. :p

10. jerrygold

Just looked at the FAQ, looks legit. Wait till I get some before the "To the moon" shit starts around here.

11. jerrygold

Ok looks like only 3rd world exchanges are trading it. Thats going to severely limit it.

12. mmm....shiney!

For now. (Cross fingers)

13. jerrygold

I just read a little about IOTA too. Not sure with these new things, IOTA has already had multiple security breaches and token recalls. I also don't like the fact the token itself is not necessary to function on the actual network.

Think I may just buy some litecoin if it dips below 0.01 . Stay with the tried and true.

14. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

we are just getting started, shaking out weak hands and disbelievers, sell me your cheap coins.

15. jerrygold

lol, bitcoin is 8 years old already. Getting started? The trees have been shaken and they have no leaves left.

[​IMG]

16. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just saw this thread and saw there was some mention of me :) Sorry if I've been a downer, but i didn't think i was saying too much these days.

Yea I'm still out atm, but I'm feeling better after seeing that big correction. If we can have one more of those corrections i might get back in. (i feel metals are going to move in 2018 and have been scouting some very undervalued stocks)

I haven't really been researching as much these days, i guess i got tired of all the shit coins. The last thing i was looking at was SALT a few weeks ago. I must say it was nice to see a real company for once.
    I also had a quick look at Vertcoin last week, looks good.

BTW what that F is going on with Zclassic (ZCL) 50x rise in less then a month! Where did that come from? does anyone know whats that all about?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    southerncross likes this.
  17. southerncross

Send me an Eth or LTC addy M8, I owe you big time, I got 50,000 in the Ico :)

18. southerncross

I don't disagree with most of what you say, but I still see the whole Crypto ecosystem as being at close to the ground floor at the moment. Bank's and Gov't aren't getting into it now for no reason.
    The thing is for me, people like us on these Crypto threads have a heap of combined knowledge learned over a number of years now. knowledge is a weapon, I've helped people download and use their first ever Crypto wallet and a few months later they are knocking up thousands or ten's of thousands in some cases in profit and all with fiat they were willing to lose in the first place if it didn't work out.

And not Wall street types or Banksters either, just everyday people from all walks of life.

I think everybody get's the risk factor, you can see it daily on the news now and hear it on the local Radio stations even. But to me that is just the establishment propaganda going into overdrive. Ever notice how all these story's are negative ? Or prephrased with "While Blockchain has a lot to offer" Warning, Warning, Warning.

Yes the Risk is there, nobody should EVER use more than they are willing to lose playing the game. But at the same time the potential returns with a bit of DYOR and risk are enormous, and shouldn't be missed if one has the basic knowledge (or advanced) to get into it.

Just look at the Numbers , the beginning of 2017 the total market cap of all Crypto was around $17 Billion, Current MC is around $580 Billion which is $60 billion off the high for the year. The Banksters have just got on board in the last couple of months.... You think it is going to stop there when there is a multi Trillion dollar market on the way ?

Bugged, people with your sort of Nous should be smashing this like a Nubile young Airhost... Uhm.... Watermelon with a sledge Hammer! Ride it for all that it is worth and just take some goddamed measured risk's, It's not like you are going to ever get another chance like this in your life to put what you know now, to work in such a prime environment for you and yours own benefit.

You know this stuff more than most, so why not make the most hay while the sun shines ?

SilvaMozzie likes this.
  19. southerncross

:) , Your another Autist type that should be making the most of their knowledge Leo. I thought Metals were going to move in 2011, 12, 13 etc, etc, etc.
    But even if they do now M8, which one will go 100%, 500%, 1000% or > ? The likes of Blythe and Jamie have it all by the paper balls and just crinkle it whenever they feel the need too. Most of the Crypto world is out of their hands and as such can't be crinkled as they do with the paper markets.

Why not start the new year with a new outlook M8 ? Go buy some Salt and Vert, and then look for another one, and another. Start looking at possible returns instead of possible losses, spread the risk and keep an eye out for things just like ZCL, just right there a quick $1000 X 50 would be a nice income for a month huh ? Or a master node on WGR, with 50% of all betting fee's delivered to your account each month.

The possibility's right now at this point in time are all over the place, why not spend a bit of time making the most of them with all your knowledge instead of looking for all the negatives ? I know money isin't your main motivation with your interest in Crypto overall, but if you spent just as much time here on these threads pointing out the positives of X Crypto as you have done pointing out the negatives of X Crypto, A Lot of people would be really appreciative, me included :) .

Shit, even if you don't need or want the Money Leo, you could just make it for fun nd donate it to a good cause. EG: I have a Duck that is abused by many of the Drakes here on the Farm and is missing a few Feathers on her back as a result, She desperately needs some mini shotguns that could be attached to her wings for protection. They would need to be beak activated on command, so she would need some sort of little virtual head set so that she could aim at the perpetrators as well.

Normally here, we would just take the offending Drakes and place them in quarantine till they got fat then on a certain day let them meet Choppy, The Axe. Then they would be processed accordingly, IE Dipped in 65 deg C water and vigorously Plucked, then disemboweled, bagged and frozen till their next dinner date.

But now we could have ' The Hunger Games of Fowl' in real life, on a Blockchain in Virtual reality in Real Time.

Or not, just putting it out there, after all there are $ millions being traded each day in Fucken Feral Cat's on Eth and apparently "It's" a thing.

Hope you got the Sarc with all that M8 (and those reading) . \

Thing is that there are vast quantity's of income available to people with your exact sort of knowledge who are either ignoring it because it is too scary or stupid, or that you are too timid to enter based upon rational fear.

It would seem though that both fear and rational thought have gone out the window over recent months.

You know a good Crypto when you see it Leo, you know what makes for a good Crypto as well, So why don't you dive n with a bit of loose change and make some dosh ?

I'm sure you wuld have plenty of followers here on SS as a result.

SilvaMozzie likes this.
  20. southerncross

What if it Go's to $ 50K shiney ? or $100K over the next few months ?

Leo has touched on this Earlier, As a Store of Value as opposed to a trading vehicle, wouldn't you expect a higher transfer fee ? IE: the higher the transfer fee the less amount of transactions for lower amounts being transferred in favour of higher fees for larger amounts.

Just wiping out the lower 30-50% of lowest transaction fee's over time via higher prices would greatly improve the speed of the network. It would also cement BTC as the high end trading platform for Crypto by elevating it to the Elitist Crypto. The place only high value transactions take place in other words.

Mind you, it would mean that Core sold it's soul out to the true meaning of Satoshi Nakamato and that of Bitcoin.
    But it's not like they would care at all.