New Perth Mint Stock Horse Coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by db23, Jun 12, 2013.

1. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

Seriously? You're going at this here too? How many people need to tell you they got the price before you stop this non-sense?

2. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

He's probably just a troll.

Could shut him up if someone left you a trade feedback.

3. poofbegone

poofbegone New Member

Just an observation. Please don't get upset.

4. gwako

gwako New Member

I usually don't do this but I had to respond to this, as it really ticks me off when folks say things without realizing the consequences...

I am a dealer www.thecoinshoppe.ca and I need to say no one needs to pump this product, I personally believe this will do well, as it already seen where APMEX thinks the price for this product should be.

Its a no brainer:

* the mintage is super low
    * majority of mintage is going to Europe
    * Perth Mint hasn't even announced - u think they are selling like hot cakes now - wait until Perth announces these.

So everyone sold out of their first batch - WSD, ME , DEALERS IN GERMANY....

As of right now, the only two dealers that have this product are myself,wsd, and some Ebay sellers.

At the end of the day, you guys can decide where to purchase.

Our prices are very similar - I think wsd mentioned he had about ~70 left, and I have 74 at this time, and no need to pump a product with a low qty availability and price.

Thanks

5. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

There are only 8 auctions left on German feeBay and cheapest "buy-it-know" is around 44. Hell if I have enough money I would double my order, although as they say - don't bet everything on one horse. ;)
    I think this is far more interesting coin than Lunar. Sure I will buy some Lunar coins, maybe even 50, but I prefer buying coins with lower mintage. :)

6. Altima

Pls do not be offended, but I just find it strange when there's suddenly new members from a particular geographical region marketing just a single product. And to top it off, their posts are also liked by new members who happen to come from the same geographical region.

But that's just cynical me talking.

Do you happen to have any other products for sale that might be of interest to the members of this forum?

7. poofbegone

poofbegone New Member

If these coins are selling themselves why are they being pumped so much by these Canadian dealers???

Muenzdach has these in stock on their site currently for cheaper shipping and cheaper product.

49.35 ish dollars a coin there.

Aurinum.de had these at 33.95 euro which was 44.13 USD a coin or something.

Let's face it. I am sure these guys are great guys but they are here for the money not to do anyone any favors.

WSD claimed he does this for fun in the meantime he is making thousands off these coins. I got an idea, don't pretend to be doing this as a not for profit.

Sell the coins for whatever you want. Make a million dollars for all i care, just don't tell me you are doing this as a hobby.

8. Altima

Oh yeah one more thing, shouldn't any intention of selling be done in the Classifieds section, and not this particular section of the forum?

Would that count as reasonable grounds for reporting?

9. Pohkooiooi

Pohkooiooi New Member

Now Malaysia selling price around 51-52 USD.............Worth to get?

10. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

They are sellers. They (mainly) sell for living. Don't like their prices, don't buy their stuff.
    For me prices of (Apple) products are too high but I won't go complaining anywhere...

I think Aurinum removed the coin from their page.

But I agree that too many selling post can ruin the debate. :)

11. chicken12

chicken12 Member

12. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

Hey,

I think its a mere coincidence about being from the same area, Toronto Canada is a major numismatic market.

"In terms of other products that I have for sale that might be of interest to members of this forum"

I'm not sure how many of you know the RFD forum, but I've been doing "group buys" on that for over a year to help out everyone there. This is simply me using my dealer pricing, to buy high volumes, and I would sell at cost.

I tend to do this as much as a couple times a month.

Prior to this last one, I simply did it on my forum. The last one was for the Canadian Wildlife Series Moose Bullion coin. The coin is sold out and extremely difficult to get in Canada, and people are paying as much as $10 over spot for the coin. I was able to source some at a supplier for a premium of $4.40.

I am also doing one as we speak, which is with the help of another dealer for US Gold Buffalo Coins at $65 premium over spot

Other things I've done them on in the past (at cost if myself, or as close to cost as possible with the help of another dealer):
    - Gold Maples (multiple times)
    - New Zealand Mint Bullion Taku's
    - Mexican Libertads
    - 2oz Proof Mexican Libertads
    - Canadian Maples (multiple times)
    - Canadian Cougars
    - Canadian Antelopes
    - Scottsdale 10oz Stackers (multiple times)
    - 1oz Gold PAMPs
    - 1oz RCM Gold Bars
    - 5 x 9 (0.99999) 2012 RCM Gold Maple
    - New Zealand Mint Feng Shui Koi Coins (I was the largest purchaser of this coin from the NZ Mint)
    - New Zealand Mint Great White Shark Coin
    - New Zealand Mint Gilded Fiji Double Taku

And I'm sure there's many others which I can't remember at this time

My final cost in CAD $ = $43-44 CAD. My selling price was as low as $46, but if you take paypal fee into consideration on the 5 pack (biggest seller at $48 a piece) or the singles at $50 a piece. My average price in hand for the first batch of 300 I sold was no more than $47 a piece.

$47 - $44 = $3 profit. $3 profit on 300 coins = $900 profit.

You can check my post history. I clearly indicated something along the lines of "I am not selling this really to make too much in profit, but rather as a collector and really only sell stuff like this so I can pay for the ones I keep for myself with the profit"

Any profit on the first batch was as I mentioned simply to pay for my own coins.

The second batch, the demand was just so high, I went ahead and bought the coins from another dealer, as the German dealer who supplied me with the coins was sold out. With this batch anything I was making was simply strict profit.

I don't see any other dealer anywhere providing this much insight into their business, but I like to be clear with what I do.

Just for reference: I am a registered public accountant and honesty is the key trait in my field. What I do and say is with truthful and my intentions have never been to deceive anyone. It is one of the reasons I'm here on these forums answering everyones questions and concerns.

13. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

14. chicken12

chicken12 Member

15. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

Haha just used a proxy server and saw that...that's off from what I was told but looks like only 400 left?

So it looks like 2 things:
    1) It's only available to those in Australia
    2) Only 400 pieces available!

16. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As I said in my original post
    They were commissioned by a German dealer :rolleyes:
    So NOT really a new series to collect
    Have a look at all the other commissioned coins they've done
    They have all flopped in the long term
    Ill get a carded version when they finally arrive at the Melbourne dealers ;)
    Personally I prefer the carded version , an UNC coin with a COA :lol:
    Just doesn't sit right with me ;)

17. chicken12

chicken12 Member

1000 pieces will be available in Australia (Carded)

18. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

From speaking to dealers they have all confirmed it is a series. Maybe it is just a private commissioned series? Hopefully it deff is a series.

Anyway, Perth mint selling these and saying the mintage is only 1000 is a bit cheeky. As if it is a completely different coin to the other 9000.

19. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

card costs 10 dollars
    it's obvious!

P.S. mine have arrived and waiting at the post office

20. Altima

Thanks for the clarification. As I said, that was just me being cynical so I take your word for it.

I do know what RFD stands for, seeing how I was in Canada (Toronto/Ottawa) for a significant amount of time. Though I have yet to purchase anything off that forum.

I would suggest that you open up a thread in the US/Canada section of the Classifieds, as we could stand to benefit from such "group buys" for the other coins you mentioned, and not just this Horse coin.