My very humble stack...

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Meezzio, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Meezzio

Meezzio New Member

Hey All,

I have been thinking today about by silver, and am having a little bit of concern. I worry that I am not making the most of silvers potential by buying coins instead of bullion bars - plus for some crazy reason I have been gripped by the concern I am not making the best use of my fiat per ounce.

Anyone out there able to put my mind at rest? Or should I sell the lot and plow the return into bars?

Sorry about the flip flop everyone.

Meezzio

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I went through a similar situation actually.

Mid last year my stack was over 200oz and only 10oz was in bullion bar form.

I had some unexpected expenses come up and had to liquidate over half the stack (cries) but it also gave me a good excuse to aim for bang for buck options to get back as soon as I could. I since have another 50oz in bullion bars and feel very happy for doing so.

Coins are not a bad investment at all, but if you're on the short stack like some of us here, considering the best bang for buck option in basic bullion is a very smart way to increase your ounces for as little outlay as possible.

I also got a 1oz gold bar as well (perth mint) which I think is absolutely beautiful too :)

3. MrSilverAG

MrSilverAG New Member

great stuff... I could look at silver all day. actually, I do look at silver all day

4. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

C'mon Meezzio, What's the fun in buying metal bricks ? OK OK....I will give slight exception to the very nifty Scotsdale Stackers, other than that it's just pure investment / intrinsic.....cold hard heavy metal.

Better that you stick with your semi-numi rounds. Buy your ASE's, Phili's, Maples, Kooks, Kangas, Koala's (Cuz Americans think they're cute) & throw in some special Pandas if you dare. Also empirical pre-decimal stuff which can often be a real bargain. Oh & there's a whole host of American USA part silver coins.

You'll always get your premium & postage back while the Silver price is better or equal to the original spot price at purchase. So no worries mate. Once again, you made the right decision. Now watch the counterpoints.

5. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Lol i have the opposite issue I wanted to collect just 1 oz coins for the most liquid stack I could have and wound up with 1 Kg bars because of the price... GGRRRR!

Well I will see how they grow on me and if not sell and purchase some lunars

It is also hard working out how many ounces I have :( and it is an uneven #... man I am a sook :p