My postal delivery man/woman forged my signiture

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverSanchez, Jul 31, 2012.

1. silversardine

silversardine Member

We often just get the card delivery. Last week I was getting in the car which had been left in the front drive and saw the Aust Post car next door delivering a card - they have intercom and probably didn't answer. THe driver looked over at me as I loaded the car. I was expecting a package and wondered if they had something for me. I waited and they went the other direction and I didn't check the letterbox.

Since our street must be entered from the other direction, meaning our house would be before that one on the list, I assumed nothing for me. Moments before I had been gathering things in the hall right next to the front door so I knew no-one had been to the door. Turning out into the main road I saw the APost car delivering round the corner. Sure enough after my quick 30 min delivery trip out I returned to find the card in my letter box - which means it had been simply put in there just before I walked out the door. Then of course I have to wait another few hours before I could go pick it up since it was collect ater 4pm. I guess the customer's inconvenience is priority.

2. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I thought all posties where cereal killers aka son of sam/kellogs

3. p4d

p4d New Member

I have had similar issues with OZ Post.
    Rather than accept the goods over the counter I asked for the goods to be re delivered to the address as they had been paid for exactly that and I did not need a notice delivered to my mail box, the fee paid was for the goods to be delivered to my door.
    After the fourth time I found I had a new delivery agent and the problem was gone.

4. argento

argento Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I too have been in a similar situation, but I'm finding it difficult to understand why finicky is defending Australia Post.

Australia Post make up the charges for their services (so call services) not you or I.

At the end of the day, if australia post offers a service and you pay for that service...you expect what you paid for (its not rocket science)

5. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

report the item not delivered and claim the insurance, person in charge fired, whatever you like ...
    they deliver the parcels not for free

Here in Japan they will come 100s of times if needed in order to get the mail signed properly ...

6. DSK

DSK Active Member Silver Stacker

you should call today tonight and also your local member.

7. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

You have all made me like my postie's even more. My mail postie rides up my drive when there's parcels and hand delivers them and the delivery man is just awesome. Both enjoy their cars and fishing so our chats can go on for ages at times. If I'm not about my parcels will always be at the local post office and a delivery slip left in my mail box. Hope these 2 fella's never leave their jobs

8. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Ditto... in fact i'm going to ring up and... and... COMPLIMENT! Bad = smack, good = reward :D

9. clubman

clubman Member

This has happened to me in my area. My unit in in a complex without front gate, so they suppose to drive into the complex and press the door bell for signature. In fact, my wife is at home all day long, looking after kids, but always just get a card saying "We missed you!!!"... That got me really angry as I need to take some hours off next day coz that tiny post office won't open until 9am as they don't have early pick-up facility. Spoken with the staff in that post office, not much luck, said that they're just contractors,he can't do anything about it. Is that true?

10. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No. They can even more easily deal with contractors (don't renew the contract or cancel the current one for poor service). You just need to get the ear of someone who cares enough to ensure that the complaint is passed on (shift manager or branch manager etc). (Sometimes though it takes more than one complaint as they don't necessarily want to act on misinformation.)

11. silversardine

silversardine Member

If you complain enough or try to catch them on the day then something can surely be done. Ours are contractors to and I have rushed out to meet them. They began to make the effort eventually but we can't expect miracles - can we? Apparently they have been told locally that they have 2 mins per package or something. So even if they ring the door bell there is not even enough time for you to pick yourself up of a chair and get there before they head off. Imagine if a waiter bought your food halfway to the table and then put it down on the floor instead.

We have a front gate/fence so some say - no can't come in - might be dogs and we must respect OH and S rules. One time I arrived home and found the Electric company left a note saying they couldn't read the meter because there were dogs in the yard. I got in a panic because I thought the dogs must have somehow escaped from the back yard, especially since they were not there then. Then I recalled that I had left our dogs inside and I began to look for another dog that maybe someone had put in the yard thinking it was ours. No dog to be seen, and ours secure inside. Upon making enquiries we were told there was a dog there because the card said so..... upon further enquiries we were informed that the meter reader had heard a dog barking and so didn't want to enter. It would have been the neighbours dog they heard. Regardless we still had to conduct our own meter readings from then because of the high risk to staff from the neighbours barking dog - also contractors in this case.

12. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

You sir are fkn warped. Of course FRAUD is wrong.

Bust him.

You can easily verify by pen strokes that it is not your signature, as each person (even if cloning) presses a pen differently.
    Also prove you were not there to sign for. Get alibi.
    If the company execs knew of what the delivery person did they would not tolerate it either.

13. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Company execs create the lousy service by placing drivers under too much pressure time-wise for them to do their job properly without being forced to cut corners or lower delivery standards. Shareholders and execs dont give a shyt as long as the dividends keep coming.

I have worked as a delivery driver and did, on occasion, not follow the exact procedure. No items were ever reported missing, but a couple complained and I was made to ensure any future deliveries to those addresses were properly processed. I didnt get sacked but if goods had been disappearing things would have been different.

Sometimes a customer would specify a place for an item to be left that was out of plain sight (back door or meter box or shed) and out of inclement weather. Ringing the Manager of your local depot or office may help, but even better if you can talf to the driver/s and get to know them. If you treat them half decently some will actually take better care of your goods. If they dont like you they will ensure all protocols and procedures are followed to the letter and your delivery times will be extended because your items will spend longer in transit due to technicalities which IMO increases the chances for loss/pilferage.

@SilverSanchez If you get someone who hasnt actually caused you any loss sacked, the replacement driver will most likely be less experienced and even more likely to cut corners and may even be a crook. This bloke seems lazy, not dishonest. Signing for your stuff and then stealing it is crooked. But if no loss occured try communication at your local level rather than contacting the CEO.

14. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for your input Eureka. You basically confirmed what I thought in my first post. For exactly the same reasons though don't get sucked into a 'blame game' mentality and blame your shitty boss (just as bosses shouldn't blame outcomes on their slack-arse employees).

(PS I suspect you weren't really doing that and were just trying to balance the posts a bit.)

15. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

Here in argentina. A few times i have the same problem. And one time they say delivered in tracking and i dont have nothing. After a few complains the delivered item arrived at home (one day later) i think the postman dont like to make his job.
    And after my three complain. Now all of my postman know my adress and make sign for my deliverys. If not they know i will make a complain and they have a problem.

16. Bazil

Bazil Member Silver Stacker

Yesterday about lunch time I got a picture text from my Mate of My front door.... :(

[​IMG]

No Doubt I was infuriated that the goose of a postman had left this valuable parcel like this. In Clear view from a main road on a busy street that has a large amount of friendly people walking past every hour.

Least he put it in the screen door... But anyway.....

So today I got home after a long arse day at work only to find this..... :(

[​IMG]

A rather large parcel happily sitting there for the last 10 hrs all on its lonesome, In clear view of all my friendly neighbours and every single car that passed my house.

Kinda makes me feel sick that it could of been thousands of dollars worth in silver.

luckily it was only 500 odd dollars worth of Non metallic parcels =(=(=(=(=(....

17. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wasnt me. I havent fudged a signature in years.

Nice neighborhood you must live in Bazil! :p

18. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

my neighbor can sign for me :p

most the time the aid will come out and call my sis and give to her. :lol:

19. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

@ Bazil, you will need a cage that lock on your floor, then with a detachable locker, then the post man/lady can put the pack in the cage and lock it for you and slide the key back into your house, that way your pack will be untouchable :lol:

20. spdz

spdz New Member

I have something like this!

[​IMG]
    Source: theage

I know it doesn't work for everyone (especially non Aus Post carriers), but I've received approx 500 parcels over 5 years at mine and never had an issue with non-deliv/signatures etc. Made friends with the guy behind the counter and he always has my parcels at the ready for me in the morning. He has even on occasion signed for non-AP parcels and held them for me (don't tell his boss!)