My postal delivery man/woman forged my signiture

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverSanchez, Jul 31, 2012.

1. lamp

lamp New Member

It happened to me before, I called up Aust Post headquater and get them to show the proof of my signature, they emailed it to me and obvious enough it was fradulent, the signature was simply a crooked line. Status of my parcel on the online tracking showed delivered, but I actually did not receive the item at all! I made several calls and spoken to different operator as well as email to the head office and warned Aust post that I will report to the police, shortly, after two days, the parcel magically reappeared in my letter box!

2. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

I've had this problem too with Australian Air Express, when i ordered some bars from perth mint. Found them on my balcony!!

3. lamp

lamp New Member

Aust Post outsource their delivery services, only if you report they will then find out who is not doing their job probably, these delivery guys sometimes futher outsourced to individual, paying them few bucks per delivery, the more then get to the door, the more they earn.

4. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The obvious solution is to take the parcel and then complain to AusPost that you never received it.

If you don't steal it yourself, someone else will.

Forget complaining about paying for signed delivery, just disappear the whole parcel and let them figure out how to stop things going missing from your doorstep.

5. greyman68

greyman68 New Member

Ask the post office where the package is , lodge a written complaint, mention the parcel was with a substantial amount of money.

I got a clown in Darwin sacked for the same thing, now the manager of Air Express personaally delivers my items.

If they give you the cold shoulder say you will contact the Federal Police and lodge a complaint as Postal Service is covered by Federal legislation. Ask for names and position of every person you speak to.

6. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I had a registered delivery go missing once. I called the company and complained, they called the courier who didn't have a signature. So they sent a new item. A few weeks latter the courier arrived with my shipment. When he arrived he had two packages, the original 'lost' one and the new replacement. He said "I've had this in my van for months, you weren't home the first time and I forgot all about it". He was a subcontractor, probably paid minimum wages.

7. SULLA

SULLA Member Silver Stacker

Report it immediately because one day the same thing will happen and the parcel will go missing.
    Nip it in the bud - now!

I have had this happen with Australia Post AND Fastway Couriers.
    You are paying for "signed delivery" and that is what you should get!

This is fraud and identity theft by lazy couriers.

Go for the jugular!

8. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Keeping in mind that the majority of people (including couriers believe it or not) are good people. Also keeping in mind that it is natural to do the minimum required to achieve the incentives put in front of you.

Hence, shortcuts of one form or another are bound to occur in any business unless there is a stringent checking mechanism (the person serving the Big Mac to the customer says to the person in the kitchen "Hey this burger's a bit light, did you put the meat in?").

One of the major reasons why the market works is because customers complain if the expected standard is not being met and can readily take their business elsewhere. If it costs more money to meet the expected standard (i.e. signature on delivery) then prices will go up. If the price is sufficient but the service isn't, switch to someone else who has the better culture. Simple.

Hence, if I could be stuffed about a particular issue I'll try to raise it with the person directly or (usually better) with someone whose job is to be responsible (i.e. a manager) who will then remind the relevant staff what's expected and who will be hopefully be "scared" enough that there are checks in place that they will do a better job.

[These simple checks and balances are generally missing in Government enterprises until they get ridiculously bad, hence why we all bitch far, far more.]

9. malachii

malachii Well-Known Member

Big A.D. has got the right idea. We had postie ages ago who would constantly just scribble a signature and say it was delivered. Right up until a parcel went "missing" and I claimed and made them chase it all the way up the food chain. Guy started getting my signature everytime after that.

malachii

10. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

How about if I paid several $100's for delivery, only to find it sitting on my rubbish bins?

11. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

that is why the PO can get away with anything.It is disgust me how they handle any package.I live in a secure building and they never ever deliver any package. I pay ,like everyone else, a lot for shipping ,the least I expect to deliver it and not waiting for me to go to the PO after a hard day work and pick up my stuff just because they are lazy ass@s.... I want service for my $$$,that is all

12. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have no problem with my post office, nice people. I am not convinced all of the posties come into the garden and climb the front steps (we have a highset) to check if anyone is in though, we usually just get the postcard. Sometimes though they do drop it off and we find it a week later when we open the front door (we use the back)

Telling them you didn't receive the package may get the postie in trouble but you know lying is wrong and you will be the thief. Instead just ask them to refund the difference between what you paid and the service you received. It will only be a few dollars but it will let them know that the staff they are paying are not doing their job, that you are not satisfied with the service and also that it will cost them in lost revenue if it continues.

Why put up with crap service?

13. Big A.D.

If the postie is forging people's signatures, they deserve to get in trouble.

What normally happens to people when they forge someone else's signature?

14. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Do you mean to bankers, or to no-bankers?

15. Big A.D.

Well, tellers get charged with fraud but executives just change the terms and conditions on your account so they don't have to forge anything.

Everyone else gets charged with fraud too, except for AusPost employees who are apparently only guilty of providing a poor service.

16. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

as i said - fraud

you guys dont know what was in it!

17. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Im not concerned with good delivery drivers

I paid a good amount of money to make sure this item did not see the light of day between sending and pickup. They needed id and signature.

And I am going for someones head - imagin if you couldnt trust the post anymore regardless of paying for precaution and insurance! It makes buying metal really scary

18. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sorry, my statement may have been a bit ambiguous!

I was not saying "don't get the postie in trouble"

I was saying that getting the postie into trouble by lying and saying the parcel was stolen is no less dishonest. You can get the postie into trouble without resorting to fraud yourself.

19. ShadowPeo

ShadowPeo Member Silver Stacker

What is worse, is down my way (where my parcels go, when not delivered to PO) The post office is not open on Saturdays, and I work in general 7AM to 7PM, how the hell do they expect you to get your parcels. I know the P.O. Box sorter, as it is where my P.O. Box is located, and he is good enough to let me collect my parcels when I come in at 6AM in the morning

If you had any idea what goes through the post, and what the posties have access to, even if they do not know it you would be scared, I do not want to put it out there due to security concerns, but if you had any idea you would be more than a little concerned

+1 to that, do not lower yourself to their level

20. itin

itin Member

This isn't unique to Australia.

I live in the US and 4 times in the past 3 months with PM deliveries the postal carrier has just dropped a package that required a signature.

Looked at the tracking and see that it is signed for by me.

Only thing is, the signature uses a first initial and last name. And the initial is not the one I would use.

Made several calls to complain, getting the run-around each time.

Finally someone listened, and my last couple deliveries have been made with a knock on the door and I signed for them.

And the postal carrier seemed pretty grumpy...

Don't let this go un-noticed. Call and complain.