Mike Maloney has called the top - get ready for BAU?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by CriticalSilver, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I like the way you think, :)

I intend to get to about 10% and actively trade them. Even if it trades in a 3 months phase of $5 to $10 that is still huge difference.

So the way I see it, if all asset classes went down 90% but PM went up ten folds - I am about even.

I might say to myself, I should have bought more, but I am not the richest now but I wont be the poorest after. If about even and Id be ok. :D:D

2. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

From 2008 to 2011 silver went up from roughly $10 to $50 oz. And in 2011 some nations property prices crashed by nearly half. So if someone had 50k worth of silver in 2008 and sold it all in 2011, they could have bought a 400k house (worth in 2008) that dropped to 250k in 2011.

[​IMG]

3. masmas

masmas New Member

What is BAU ?
    Business As Usual

4. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Someone will be right in the future, it's basic statistics, and they will become the new pinup person and trade off that fame for the next 20 years.

5. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That was just an exsample, but say it was computers etc, and businesses can't afford it, wouldn't that cause an issue?
    Obviously with $50,000 gold price, it will be switched but it takes time. But maybe not they might just go stuff it don't plate it lol.

6. Phransisku

Phransisku Member

Considering that he called the bottom for silver several times before it actually occured (if December 2015 was really the bottom), he called the market crash on August 2015 (it wasn't) and several other alarmist predictions that turned out not to be true, I would say this is another one. I will not affirm it however, since I don't have enough information to know it.
    Yet, it's funny that the message in Mike Molney's Youtube page is: "I believe that the best investment you can make, in your lifetime... is your own financial education.". Well, that's actually what I've been doing for the past 3 years and now I know that Mike Maloney isn't to be trusted. How ironic, isn't it?

7. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There's really not that much gold in computers these days. It is used extensively but very efficiently (several microns thick on connectors for example). Even if the price of gold multiplied 10 fold it might only add another $100 to the price of a regular PC.

There's also a lot of inneficencies in the use of general purpose computers in business which has come about because they are so cheap. Bloated operating systems, bloated inneficent run times (e.g. the JVM), bloated applications built by hordes of offshore developers, etc. There is plenty of headroom for more efficient use of existing hardware for general business applications.

The people who might be impacted most severely are those who are already utilising hardware to the limits of its capabilities: gamers, and researchers using super computers.

8. BBQ

BBQ Member

my overriding gut feeling today:
    * SHTF is not a singular event, nor will be
    * most people are mentally and physically unprepared for a true SHTF situation (some of which have already happened and some of which are happening as we speak)
    * the waste seen today has reached peaks I've never seen in my life before. This high waste has a price, even if it is hidden from view from most
    * central control (and central theft) seen today has reached peaks I've never seen in my life before (there is less control over our wealth and taxes than ever before in history)
    * wars and instability and bank profitability happening today have reached peaks I've never seen in my life before
    * the amount of time spent talking about gold and silver (especially if your job doesn't depend on selling it) is grossly disproportionate to its likely effect on your life, I reckon
    * there are probably hundreds of investments and skills to learn that are more life-changing than gold and silver investment & thousands of times more rewarding, life-wise
    * never trust the pundits; they have been wrong too many times to get timing of anything right. Your gut probably knows it better than they do, especially knowing all of them have business interests to speak about the things they do