Mexican Libertad or US American Eagle ?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Mirrorman, Sep 13, 2013.

1. cheech

cheech New Member

2. TheTrueSonOfFire

TheTrueSonOfFire New Member

Hey y'all I'm new to the silver libertads and as such they've quickly become my favorite. Unfortunately before I started learning about them I got caught up with the 2019 silver proofs which has led me down a very expensive path because I'm actively seeking them out in perfect grade slabs from either NGC or PCGS. I wish I would've been more mindful to learn the size difference between the slabs though as now I really wish I would've gone for PCGS only. I'm glad I finally found a forum on these beautiful silver bullion. So far I've acquired a PCGS 5oz reverse proof, an NGC 1oz proof and reverse proof set in the wooden display box with COA, the 2oz antique finish, also NGC, and finally, most recently, the 5oz antique finish NGC slabbed as well. I believe I have nine more to collect at a perfect grade to complete the 2019 silver libertad proof series and acquiring the kilo is gonna be a bit more challenging considering my finances lol. I don't even know if PCGS or NGC grades that size because well as I said before I'm new to this, but love it so far, my wallet however, does not. IMG_20200607_072047_188.jpg

316ag likes this.
  3. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I like the 5oz, I got mine in 2012. Comes in a capsule. It is however, the most toned coin in my stack. I’ve noted most that are sold from this time have a lot of toning too. I don’t think any of my encapsulated PM coins have toned in this time in the same storage area. Not that it matters, just found it curious

4. tongkat

tongkat Active Member Silver Stacker

Whichever you can get cheaper

5. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member

I LOVE the Libertads and they are a favorite for me. I have many more ase's just because they were cheaper but I dont care for them especially.
    Mine are older circulated 80s coins but in nice shaped and some toned beautifully.
    I'll sell the ase's and probably keep the Libertads for my collection.

6. John s

John s New Member

I have both in 1 oz if your looking to buy cheers