Mesopotamia - Imperial Art - new series

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by silvercoinsman, Sep 16, 2014.

1. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

Sully, I totally agree with you, you made a perfect analysis of the current situation!

I buy coins mainly for my collection, cause I like to watch at them, and feel that I own something I like. Then, if a coin price jumps I am more happy, otherwise I am fine with no regrets. When I really like some coin, I buy more than one, and if that won't be a good investment, it is still a nice piece to exchange or to give a a gift for some occasion.
    In this case I believe that this coin could perform better than others similar, for the mintage, for the design and for the topic. We will see in the next months :)

Alex.

2. Acme

Acme New Member

Fully agreed, additionally market is flooded with this copies of Tiffany.
    Even if I can get it in Poland for less than 300 euro (including free shipping) I simply buy something else...

3. AgAuNEWS

AgAuNEWS Member

Some of these coins are beautiful, the last couple of Mineral Arts for example, but everyone is in on it now and I've always maintained prices on these debut at too high a level. The market should set the level for these and having them released at 300 is not doing that.

This series has some potential to be different, but I've been trying to track down actual coin images, as the trick with these is to strike the line art cleanly, relatively deep and with fine detail. Without that it's going to be a mess. I do like this one quite a bit, even though the perspective seems off on the reverse side foreground. Nice to see something other than an architectural style from the last millenium, but Tiffany and Mineral Arts have earned the prices they sell out. New coins don't automatically get to leech off that in my view.

4. gwako

gwako New Member

Trying to get an allocation on this coin. Pricing is not set yet - will keep you posted if anyone is interested.

5. silvercoinsman

silvercoinsman New Member

Nice picture.

[​IMG]
    Source:

6. Sully

Sully Member

First of all, let's be clear this picture is not of the actual coin.
    It's the same preview image of the coin.
    The image you have used is from the U.S. dealer who often uses the same background of a hand holding a capsule.
    Into which the image of a coin is photo-shopped and gives a customer an impression of how a coin might look in the hand.
    That's all fine. Nothing wrong with that as a representation.

What i find more surprising is to see the URL of the picture you posted - http://numizmatyczni.pl/upload/messs1.jpg

A picture complete with logo of an American dealer.... via the site of a Polish dealer.... uploaded by a new member who thinks this is the best coin for years

quite a curious chain, that

(just saying)

7. silvercoinsman

silvercoinsman New Member

This is a topic for a good thriller, that I'm from Poland and I found a picture on the website of Polish seller.

Prices of completed auctions on Ebay: 415$ and 499$.

8. Acme

Acme New Member

LOL and add this:

9. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

don't go anywhere near this until we get photos of the actual coin, more than likely it'll look like trash otherwise we'd have photos already.

10. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

I think that real photos are not available cause the coin has not been produced yet, so the mint provides artworks for the moment.
    I am so curios to see how many details will be visible in the actual pictures, cause I love the design!
    Alex.

11. FirstCoinCompany.com

FirstCoinCompany.com New Member Silver Stacker

Please do not worry about current pictures because these all pictures are GRAPHIC design and we are waiting for the real pictures from the Mint of Poland.
    However please find below two additional pictures that show many details on the coin.
    Also The Artisan Coins Productions will create high professional macro video of Mesopotamia coin.
    By the way, below you can watch one of the macro video sample of Mysteries of Wawel of Crystal Art Series.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJhFUMDDdAg[/youtube]

12. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I really like the Mesopotamia coin design and I'm looking forward to seeing the actual pictures of the coin. Please share the photos and video of this coin as soon as you get them.

The video you shared, FirstCoin, is really spectacular. If I am considering buying collector coins, it's a video like that of the actual coin which would get me from uncertain to ordering immediately in the time it takes for me to watch the video...it's much better than photos of an actual coin because video is not static and you can really see the textures and relief so much better in this type of video.

Thanks for sharing.

13. FirstCoinCompany.com

300 of 500 mintage already sold just for 11 days from September 12th. Sales will be much stronger once Mint of Poland release real pictures

14. AgAuNEWS

AgAuNEWS Member

15. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

AgAuNews thank you very much for bigger clear pictures and for your Article which I have eagerly read.
    Your blog is one of the best out there for me, your composed images are very original, and your unbiased opinion is very valuable for me.

So I agree perfectly with you when you say:
    "With only 500 being struck, it's obvious that prices are high, but this could be another hit series."

The numbers on feebay are confirming the worldwide interest in the coin, with several bids and prices between $400.00 and $500.00.
    At the moment only very few big sellers are able to offer this beauty, and I don't expect that the price is going down anytime soon.

Alex.

16. FirstCoinCompany.com

$428.90 = $415 + 13.90 shipping
    Bidders: 15 Bids: 22
    [​IMG]

$469.90 = $456 + 13.90 shipping
    Bidders: 15 Bids: 31
    [​IMG]

urrent auction ends on Sep 28, 2014
    [​IMG]

17. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

Thank you for the information, this coin definitely seems something not to miss.
    I think that 500 pieces mintage made this coin even more interesting.
    I have read several articles and review in other blogs / forums and many are confirming that it is going to be a hit.
    For the moment I secured my piece and let's see what happen :)

Alex.

18. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

So, in October is my birthday. I feel that the architectural themes are among the best designs a coin or medal can have to showcase the apex (the best of design and minting technology) of modern coin design.

The very first coin...actually a silver medal, that I ever purchased (for no other reason than the fact that I adore architectural design and the history that goes with it), is the Great Wall medal that is depicted in my avatar. I have always loved ancient architecture and so it just makes sense that I celebrate this year's birthday with what looks to be the best architectural coin design of them all, the new Mesopotamia coin...which I first learned about here.

As a birthday gift to myself, just yesterday, I purchased the 2014 Mesopotamia coin. I have purchased some coins from the First Coin Company in the past and when I found out that this is the only US dealer that has this silver coin, I couldn't resist ordering one. What stands apart for me with this architectural coin from other coins is the dynamic layout and what appears to be even finer detailing than other architectural coins. As soon as I have the coin in hand I will post an update here to tell how pleased I might be with the exceptional detailing of this coin. I looked at what this coin is going for on eBay and the high shipping charge I'd have to pay to ship it into the U.S. and it didn't make sense to buy this from anywhere else except the First Coin Company. I saved money and a lot of extra shipping costs.

This may be the lowest mintage collector coin I now own....even lower than the 2014 5 oz Britannia. One of the best benefits of being a SilverStacker forum member for me has been getting advance notice of amazing coin releases before they sell out - then becoming only available on the secondary market where the prices get pushed higher for coins that have become hot and sold out.

19. yrh0413

yrh0413 New Member

Architectural-themed coins are not my thing, but more important is...

"Happy Birthday Louie!" :) enjoy your coin always! :D

20. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

I have found this video on youtube. It is not about the coin but about Mesopotamia.
    Is very nice and I love the soundtrack they used.
    If you like what you see on this video and learn about those historic things, that you find partially reproduced on the coin, you can't miss this coin in your collection :)
    Now I am even more eager to see the real coin pictures and then to finally have it in my hands :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_0N7E7nScc[/youtube]

Alex.