LOOK at all these oppertunities...

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by SilverSanchez, Dec 19, 2011.

1. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Im amazed at how many people already have all their eggs in one basket.... thats what amazes me, and that is what has wipped more people out in investing than anything else.

My smsf has a 50% possition in physical bullion, but im not missing these prices in the equities. If I loose it due to some colapse that you are describing - i gotta tell ya the world would be a place where maybe even physical bullion wont help you that much! You should be stcking food and water not bullion - if your right - you'll need food and water - because there will be no more supermarkets, fruit shops etc etc

Sheesh

2. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

my favourite movie is Mad Max :D

3. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

It may have something to do with this being a silver stackers site.
    Forgive them for they know not what they stack, but it feels right anyway.

It's good to diversify, but for some people they are happy to have something "real".
    Time will tell.

4. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

I think your closer to the mark than you realize!

5. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

Bargin Hunter I just don't get what you don't get. The share market is for suckers full stop. Harsh you say? Have a look at what the Rolling stone said about Goldman Sachs back in 2009

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-great-american-bubble-machine-20100405

I just sneer when so called educated people carry on about the real estate scam when you look at the stinking pus filled sore called the equities market that has ripped off more people in the last 4 years than all the property bubbles since time began. CDO's and credit default swaps were designed by wall street to rape the property market!!!!

WHAT PART DON"T YOU GET Bargin Hunter The share market is for fools unless you have a contolling interest in the listed company small share holders are just suckers full stop.

Kind Regards
    non recourse

6. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

What ever happened to "I don't go into the shares area of the forum and call share investors idiots".

By the way you might want to look up what CDS actually are before going into full rage mode about Wall St vs Property...

7. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

I don't get some people attitude to shares. They pay me tax effective dividends. hope to get a more when PMs go to the moon

8. Ausecon

Ausecon Member

Did you watch it? Bass just bought 5% of MGIC a mortgage insurance company and would've bought more if they didn't have a poison pill. Sort of goes against your theory that all equities are worthless. Why? He thinks that they are worth a lot more than where they are trading and the market sell off has been over done. No different at any other point in history.

You should really try and be a bit more balanced rather than sensationalist generalisations supported by nothing or by misrepresented information.

9. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Noun
    sneer (plural sneers)
    1.A facial expression where one slightly raises one corner of the upper lip, generally indicating scorn.
    2.A display of contempt; scorn

Noun
    contempt (plural contempts)
    1.(uncountable) The feeling or attitude of regarding someone or something as inferior, base, or worthless; scorn, disdain.
    2.The state of being despised or dishonored; disgrace.
    3.(law) Open disrespect or willful disobedience of the authority of a court of law or legislative body.

:(

It does not matter how wealthy, famous, or learned a man is, if he broadcasts contempt and other horrible emotions towards his fellow creatures, for this contaminates everything else and renders it worthless.

10. Ausecon

Ausecon Member

You can just use . To add emphasis ! is commonly used also.

Kind regards

11. nonrecourse

What happened is now like in early 2008 I was warning anyone that would listen to get their money out of the share market and its happening again. The credit default swaps are part of the derivative market that is a ticking atom bomb that have no regulatory over sight and like in 2008 when the SHTF the tax payers are again going to be bailing out the wall street and world equity slime balls. This phase we are entering is going to last until 2030 because we are led by fiscal pygmies who have been bought out by wall street and the equity reptiles in every national equity market world wide.

MF Capital is of course the most recent slim ball example ;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MF_Global

And traders such as Ann Barnhardt are calling on all investors to totally boycott the entire equities Ponzi scheme world wide

Kind Regards
    non recourse

12. fishball

Still doesn't explain how you seem to think

Bit of a stretch there.

13. nonrecourse

Your talking about someone who is on the inside that operates a hedge fund. Are you really serious, this thread was started talking about buying marginal commodity paper equities in an SMSF. If you want balance go ahead fill your SMSF with dry kindling just let me stand back so that I don't get singed when it goes up.

As far as misrepresenting I'll just quote Anne Barnhardt

Finally, I will not, under any circumstance, consider reforming and re-opening Barnhardt Capital Management, or any other iteration of a brokerage business, until Barack Obama has been removed from office AND the government of the United States has been sufficiently reformed and repopulated so as to engender my total and complete confidence in the government, its adherence to and enforcement of the rule of law, and in its competent and just regulatory oversight of any commodities markets that may reform. So long as the government remains criminal, it would serve no purpose whatsoever to attempt to rebuild the futures industry or my firm, because in a lawless environment, the same thievery and fraud would simply happen again, and the criminals would go unpunished, sheltered by the criminal oligarchy.

Now would you like a match ?

Kind Regards
    non recourse

14. nonrecourse

Really ? so bundling residential mortgages and falsifying their credit worthiness and then using credit default swaps to bet against the property market and sell the CDO's to councils and pension funds and their "preferred clients" is a stretch is it? Do you mean they have not bent over the "investors" and spread their cheeks is that the stretch your referring to???:lol:

Kind Regards
    non recourse

15. fishball

CDS are broad based and apply to many investment vehicles such as government bonds and corporate bonds.

Just because a subset of CDS were used for misvalued MBS doesn't mean the entire CDS market was designed for raping the property market.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credit_default_swap#History

Also:

hyperbole/hprbl/
    Synonyms:
    exaggeration - hyperbola - overstatement

16. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

... boring....

get a ring and fight-it-out there

17. nonrecourse

What part of hyperbola subset is this;;The Bank for International Settlements estimates that outstanding derivatives total $708 trillion !!!!!!!!!!.[67] U.S. and European regulators are developing separate plans to stabilize the derivatives market. Additionally there are some globally agreed standards falling into place ....... Yep it's really "falling" into place as we speak I think they call the place a toilet where "investors flush their seed capital down the gurgler to the scum called equity market facilitators AKA wall street and main street broking houses.

Kind Regards
    non recourse

18. jackbrown

jackbrown New Member

Well that's the most likely outcome and I fully agree, but even if we just have a nasty depression the markets will pull right back. For those still dabbling in the stock and derivative markets you can forget about prices 3 years ago, look at the market prices a decade or more if you want to look for bargains at the bottom. And don't think some group of special special stocks will weather the collapse just because they have a good PE or dividend. All boats go down on the falling tide.

[img=All Ords]http://www.shareswatch.com.au/blog/wp-content/gallery/charts/asx-all-ords-index-20-year-chart-oct-11.gif[/img]

One of the common misconceptions about stock markets, a bold lie actually, is that they always go up over a given time. spuksters cite the Dow back in nineteen hundred and whatever and point to a price of it now. What they fail to tell you is that most of those companies back 100 years ago went defunct in the depression and if you held those shares you were wiped out. If the Dow average contained the same 20 companies as it did 30 years ago, or even 10 years ago, it would be around 2000 now.
    Get out of shares, they are DOOMED.

19. jackbrown

jackbrown New Member

Phi 1:16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:

20. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink!