LOOK at all these oppertunities...

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by SilverSanchez, Dec 19, 2011.

1. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

I cant believe we have hit these levels again

I am so excited, my SMSF is going to love this!

2. Ag

Ag Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

hmmm...my SMSF ISN"T loving these prices...

3. SilverSanchez

Well just remember God's encouragment

1 Peter 1
    If you call on the Father, He judges without partiality, according to each one's work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear; knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot

Jesus' blood does not have a spot price - redemption from God is free, and is way way undervalued - so buy wisdom and understanding and invest your life in Him, while your invest your money wisely.

Good Luck! Hold on - fundamentals have not changed for PMs

4. SilverSanchez

Here are a few companies that are undervalued compared to the value of their total resource

Alkane Resources (ALK) (HREE, Gold, Zircon)
    Greenland Minerals (GGG) (LREE, HREE, Uranium)
    Arafura (ARU) (LREE, Uranium, Thorium)
    Bannerman (BMN) (Uranium)

I have previously owned all of these (not currently holding) and none of the above are free from issues and risks. From a purely fundamental analysis they are cheap from an EV / Total Resource Value perspective...

5. Nukz

Nukz New Member

Yea i'm just sitting and waiting, if it drops below 4000 who knows where it can go.... its like a boxing day sale except everything is seriously discounted :)

Silversanchez: if you don't mind me asking which stocks are you looking at?

I've been looking at CSL Limited(more), Origin energy(more) & possibly acquiring Myer/David Jones but waiting till they drop abit more yet, i will get excited when they hit -50% YoY

6. Nukz

Nukz New Member

Nice finds, gotta love small caps that are severely depreciated of course there's risk but you could hedge your potential losses with something like TLS i guess.

7. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Where angels fear to tread...............

The stock market has some more downward road to go.

Billabong down 44%...

Enjoy the festive season and keep an eye on the markets for some more down trends?

To play the market takes time & effort & big cajones.

Ho, Ho, Ho

8. SilverSanchez

Im looking at

Gold, Silver, Platinum, REE, Uranium, Copper (Deposits with Gold/Silver credits), Utilities/Infrastructure, Energy, Con Staple stocks

I am avoiding Consumer Discr, Financials, other base metals, dont know anything about healthcare stocks so cant comment

Im looking for unheadged (PMstocks), low or no debt, high yeild (if dividend), larger cap, liquid stocks

Newcrest looks pretty good at close to $30 (IMHO)

9. SilverSanchez

It may be time to nibble at stocks - taking a little as the share prices move daily

Everyone has their own goals and investment strategies - mine are specific to me - and I dont want anyone loosing money because my goals and strategy dont suit their risk tollerance...

So remember to crunch your own numbers and have a good reason for everything you buy and sell. Everyone takes their own risk with their own money - DONT BUY ANYTHING ON LOANED MONEY.
    If you cant save - you shouldnt invest.

Remember - all gamblers secretly have a desire to loose, so invest and get informed advice from an investment broker who shares your views on the market. No point being bullish on PM stocks and your advisor thinks 'gold is in a bubble'...

10. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

My favourite Junior is GOR - Gold Road. They already have 1 million oz of gold, and have ONLY explored 1% of their land holding.

11. SilverSanchez

I know Gold Road - I've owned them since they were called Elektra Minerals. They have potential, managment need to make good decisions with such a large land holding, and potentially many deposits. Hopefully they understand the value of royalties, farming out and JVs.

12. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Lucky you, you got in when they were cheap. Hopefully you sold some off for a nice profit. I really hope that they don't get taken over, and get into production in 2013. The problem is that a takeover often only gives you a few extra cents on the current price. If GOR is managed right, they might(?) be one of Australia's biggest gold miners in years to come, hopefully.

13. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

Uhmmm, how about if it's an inflationary, or hyper- inflationary scenario. Having borrowed fiat to buy real assets you would probably be well ahead. As far as all gamblers secretly having a desire to lose .... not on this planet.

14. SilverSanchez

Well, your free to have your opinion, and to use borrowed money to invest. So go right ahead if you want to.

15. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

If you go and watch the Kylie Bass interview on Europe, Japan 2012 posted 26/12/2011 in the Markets & Economies thread; I think you may want to question your rational for investing in paper equties particularly in your SMSF. If Europe falls over in the next month followed by Japan with the US collapse being delayed 3-5 years, what do you think are your chances of recovering the money you have paid for the shares if it tanks I'm talking about your seed capital never mind your return on investment the way things are headed that will be zilch too.

Would not a prudent investor in an SMSF look at holding, cash, bullion and perhaps a paid out property if you have enough in the super fund ? Solid assets in a panic may go down in value but unlike paper equities they will still retain some value. Your SMSF is protected from your creditors even if you lose everything else.

Talk about diversifying your risk by holding a fist full of marginal paper equities no matter how good a buy they appear at the moment to this little duck appears to be crowd insanity.

We are on the precipice of a financial disaster the yield being a revolution that will devour capitalists own children. For god's sake protect yourself. Don't fiddle while Rome burns.

Kind Regards
    non recourse

16. Bargain Hunter

Bargain Hunter Active Member

Non-recourse unless you think all companies are going bankrupt (I doubt it) then there will be some buying opportunities emerging over the next 6 months. People can lose their shirts in any investment (including property) not just shares. I just don't get what is with you and the equities bashing?

17. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

It amazes me that you people still talk about investing in shares in companies that are 50% under valued due to a world financial collapse, which we all agree is in the making. So what makes you think that they will suddenly turn around and go up in value when nothing has changed. To the contrary I would say! Get your money out I would think, or wave bye bye to it. I think David jones got a mention along with Myers, dont you people read newspapers. Retail is stuffed.

18. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC19fEqR5bA[/youtube]

"I go to bed every night dreaming of another recession,"
    Alessio Rastani explained in a BBC interview. "It's an opportunity."
    (to short the market with puts)

19. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

We can teach many of the world's billionaires a thing or two about investing.

Visualise this... a gathering of many of the world's billionaires at a Sydney 2012 "Wealth Forum". Many of these guys have hundreds of millions (of their own $$) invested in shares in companies all around the world... they would all be seated at their tables, and at the speakers podium, one silverstacker after another would be trotted out from behind the curtains, to advise these billionaires on what to do.

Choice snippets of advice include:
    - "Get the hell out of equities now!!! You'll lose everything!!! Listen to me, as I own 6 houses & $300,000 in bullion, so I know what the hell I'm talking about."
    - "Its just paper people. Get the hell out now. Its all gonna blow. Now is a time for safety, not for spectulating in equities. I'm a successful accountant and property investor."
    - "The world's going to crap!! I can see it, and all my mates who earn $500,000 a year can see it. I'm a success!! So listen up!!!"

Q: What do you think these billionaires will do?
    a) Finally wake up, and see the truth of what you are saying, and graciously thank you.
    b) Panic and start selling their equities. Ten silverstackers have given the same advice, so they need to listen up good.
    c) Start laughing amongst themselves.

There is risk in everything. One of the british guys I worked alongside in late 1990s for a long time never owned property, because of the high prices. But when they had a big unexpected property crash, he brought a whole block of units and become an instant landlord.

20. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

d) act surprised at the news that you came to an untimely and unfortunate accident