Koala, croc or kook 2014

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Cornishfarmer, Jun 11, 2014.

1. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Confirmed today by the mint that the Kangaroo is not necessarily the next monster box coin, and that the Kangaroo may not even be struck, it's just been approved as a potential future production coin. Not everything approved in Comlaw announcements gets into production, so it's presence in a determination is not proof that it is next. Look at how short the time between the Crocodile appearing in Comlaw and it being announced was - we could hear about a brand new coin in the interim.

The official response is that "we still haven't decided" the future design of the next 1oz monster box coin. The mint is gearing up for a full tilt at 2015 dated Goat, Kookaburra and Koala production for a while, so I think we may be kept guessing until well into next year. Meanwhile, I would just keep an eye out what gets slipped into Comlaw coin determinations for clues, because they're not giving out any others.

I'm limited in what I can divulge from such conversations (the mint does read the forum after all!). A 1/2oz coin is next.

Saw all of the 2015 bullion coins in the flesh :p Gold goat is a winner. It's gold, and has a goat on it :)

2. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

My preference in terms of design is;

Kook
    Koala
    Croc

A silver bullion kangaroo in tubes would sell so well I reckon. They would sell super well in capsules, and may be better suited to a more premium product. But if they were in tubes then they would appear to an even wider audience, and 1million mintage might be to small. The croc sold out and that was ugly. I hope Perth mint release that silver kangaroo, I will be all over that!

3. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

So happy I stuck by my guns, and paid extra for my kooks vs. the cheaper Croc. No thanks. I guess spots are already starting to appear. I had a feeling that's why they made most of the coin matted. Perth, if you're reading this, you better not let this white disease happen on the koalas, kooks or lunars, or you are going to lose a lot of loyal and faithful customers, one of which is me.

Here is the thread on the white spots happening on the crocs...heck, even provident metals has a 'warning' label. LMAO.

http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-54048-2014-perth-mint-crocs-are-blemished.html

4. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

That's apparently unfounded.

http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-685110.html#p685110

The Golden Pelican and staff have done thousands and say that the spotting is very rare.

5. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

time will tell, tic, toc.

6. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

not like this, those crocs hatched from the tube

pic from fb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. AinslieBullion

AinslieBullion Member

Ainslie Bullion have Crocs available - limited mint

A limited edition issue, available singularly, in tubes of 25 or a monster box of 500 (with discounts). Issued as Australian legal tender, the coin's obverse depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the year-date and the monetary denomination. The coin's reverse depicts the iconic Australian Salt Water Crocodile. The design also includes the inscription AUSTRALIAN SALT WATER CROCODILE, The Perth Mint's 'P' mintmark and the year-date.

[​IMG]
    Source:

Here's the product location~
    https://www.ainsliebullion.com.au/g...11b5-b8c9-4784-915b-457b33526397/default.aspx

8. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

$28 ? not really low premium

9. yrh0413

yrh0413 New Member