Kingsgate (KCN)

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by SilverSanchez, Nov 1, 2011.

1. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Kingsgate just made a takeover bid for Laguna Resources (100% premium to opening share price today)

If successfull Kingsgate will have a prodicing Gold Mine in Thailand, A Silver project in Australia, and now another silver project in Chile

They are really trying to shure up mines and ounces... as a dividend paying stock these guys are really working hard to build a massive resource list - and most of the new aquisistion have been silver... me thinks this company is one to watch long term....

What do others think about this stock ATM?

135.27M issued

6.66 - 11.66 - 52 wk low/high

paying 5c dividend per share

Production has been down lately (i dont really like their project in Thailand, to be honest i hope they sell it). But these other mines look very substantial.

2. SilverSanchez

Im making a buy target of $6 - and i think ill get it - anyone wanna bet?

3. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nope, reasonable chance it'll get there - my sense of the chart, that's all. I got a reply from a company rep to an email I sent querying the robustness of the Bowdens resource. The reply was slightly encouraging, but I'm still basically unconvinced. I'm a silver bug, so I'm hoping a $100 silver price in a year or so will rescue us, but there's no way I would be relying on that to buy a weak sounding resource like Bowdens.

Hello,

I am wondering if the case for the Bowdens project can be further explained in your presentations to potential investors.

I don't understand how such a low grade silver resource is attractive to mine. Less than 2 ozs/tonne of Ag.
    From the notes I can't judge whether that is before or after adjustment for 81% metallurgical recovery. I ignore the paltry presence of lead and zinc in the ore.

I really don't get it, I've been buying into spec miners for a few years, mostly unsuccessfully, and this Bowdens resource seems close to the most pathetic thing I've seen in a prospect. And the costs will be Australian not Thai.

I have only 2,000 shares in Kingsgate but was recently looking at it for a family buy when the price dropped. The Bowdens purchase is what put me off.

Rgds

finicky

Dear finicky,

Thank you for your enquiry.

For your information, please note that a 2oz/t Ag (~60g/t Ag) orebody is, for reference, equivalent to a ~1.3g/t Au orebody using the AuEq45 ratio we use.

For an ore body that outcrops and has a 1:1 strip ratio I think you might find that the economics look very attractive at current silver prices and quite robust on any reasonable forecasts. Please note that the Pb and Zn by-products would lift the grade closer to 78g/t Ag, equivalent to ~ 1.7g/t Au using the AuEq45.

If you would like to discuss further please feel free to contact me.

Kind regards,

Joel Forwood
    General Manager Corporate & Markets

4. SilverSanchez

Thatx for that Fin - I still like em though...

You have to do something with fiat and aquiring silver isnt a bad way to use it. If you are really expecting silver to hit $100, then the leverage on this sucker is great...

Hypothetical

A mine cash cost per ounce of Silver is $30
    Spot price of Silver is $40 - average profit per ounce $10

Spot price goes up to $50 - cash costs stay steady
    That is a 100% increase in profits

The leverage in the share price is an upside potentially - depends how you look at it.
    It just depends on what you are looking for.

5. SilverSanchez

I picked these guys up for $5.91 (got in to early as usual as i watched it go down to about 5.60)
    I am very pleased with my purchase as there was a nice return to a more fair valuation (although i still believe its undervalued compared to total resource value)

If you look at the chart there is a break as it burst through $7... so it may come back and fill - ill prob buy more mid $6 range....

6. SilverSanchez

Yeah I really like their managment. Thire aquisition of Bowdens and Luguna's silver projects means they fit my profile for a mid producer.

More than one mine
    in more than one contry
    good at deals
    managment proven record w/ a similar take on the PM market as me

They have been around for a while, i like the CEO. Keeps saying at the AGM "this is what your company has done" "this is what your company spent" "this is how we have managed your company" - i like the shareholder respect.

I prefur to use lower values to do my maths because of future volitility - i think we just came through or coming through a bear trap in the Metals and PM Stocks. So i loaded up on mids producers and small cap developers. KCN's leverage potential is fantastic - really looking forward to seeing how these guys use their money to bring these projects online.

7. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

Trading halt for cap raising?

8. SilverSanchez

Funding for mine development?

9. Silverthorn

Couple more announcements released.

10. SilverSanchez

Just watched their financial review - nice results

The reason why im so bullish on this company is because it is essentially a brand new company, the amount of aquisitions they have made over the last 12 months means they no longer the Kingsgate of 14 months ago. They are a multi mine company with far larger potential than a single mine company. This has mid cap - large cap growth all over it, once they deal with their debt.

11. Silverthorn

big drop today. buyers of the placement selling down some of their holdings?

12. SilverSanchez

Yeah - $7.10 price of placement (probably wasnt that much of a discount when the sale went through - but KCN surged through $7... market needed a reason to backfill.

I bought at 7.17, will buy more under $7. Short term pain long term gain. I trust the managment. May turn out to be my downfall - I know its popular to loath managment of your companies when the SP is going down. But I dont.

Avg buy in price for me now is $6.55

13. SilverSanchez

Getting punished by the market (as well/or a normal market correction) at the moment....

14. SilverSanchez

I still insist my market timing is the worst in australia :)

15. Silverthorn

At least the dividend will be coming in a couple of weeks.

16. finicky

Gapped down last two days - determined selling. Holders can hope for a test of 5.60 area of prior low, or even a low chance pull-up before that, but another way of looking at it is that the price has been in a downtrend channel and is looking for yet another lower low. I figure the $7 level should have held after the breakthrough, if the stock was healthy, because it was resistance become support, then the support failed and became resistance again. Now the whole 2 year thing above $7 is looking a bit like a horrible freaking top. Bowdens, I blame Bowdens and the capital raising, and increase in debt. Just the way I'm feeling about the chart, nothing sure about it.

17. SilverSanchez

Im mid and long term bullish on KCN because of their silver properties in peru and australia. They made shrewd aquisitions as well - they didnt over pay they got their properties cheap.
    They are serious about their dividend policy as well.
    I purchased some more today at 6.07

18. finicky

I'm waiting for a good sign of a bottom before I add - if I add. I still think Bowdens sucks - an acquisition shouldn't rely on a mega rally of the underlying metal for it to be robust.

19. SilverSanchez

Well if you wait for it to be robust in current prices, you cant get it cheap and you have competition - thats why i like the aquisition :) They did it early - just like my buying

Managment and I share a similar investing philosophy - but they are a lot smarter than me.

20. SilverSanchez

Looks like i pretty much bought the bottom today - we'll see if $6 support holds
    Beware of a bounce - moving to retest $6 in the short term.

But im expecting this stock to be a long term hold