It's come to that time for me - - - Gold

Discussion in 'Gold' started by copperhead, Feb 11, 2018.

1. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

The stacker's who understand numismatics wont get fooled by national distributor types &
    Stacker's that buy best value per ounce will not get fooled by them.
    When I looked for complaints towards the national distributor types - these individuals would be upset no matter what choice of purchase . The complaint's made ......... they expected ( or were coerced into believing ) the Gold or silver was gonna sky rocket fast . They learned in time ( about 4 months ) the PM market does not really move . Then they realize the rare coins aren't that Rare YET.
    To earn money with Gold or silver fast is possible
    but huge investments are needed for the ever changeing spread day to day to equal any thing worth wile .
    Owning $300,000 in silver or gold and having a large scale buyer would allow one to buy and sell & have the physical buffer wait out situations
    Stacker's who understand that Gold & silver are more a hedge savings with potential future gain or Loss can capitalize on national distributor types

2. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

I would opine that if someone wanted to play gold or silver with $300K and try to capitalize on short term moves, the futures market would be better. No per ounce "premiums" to pay, no worry about storing the metal, and you get massive leverage. You can get options going the opposite direction for the same month as "insurance" in case the market moves opposite of your contract position.

Buying $300K in physical inventory at once (without standing orders) would be risky because a sudden drop in market price could kill your position overnight, then you'd be dumping it at a loss or holding it waiting for the price to go back up, tying up a lot of money.

3. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

I know my position of my stack from day one has been a loss, But having it and the inspiration to keep buying is a win

4. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Gold is at about $1700/1800(94%) of its highest value.
    Few people have lost.
    Compare this to Silver,$22/48.
    And they have had the insurance Gold confers against economic collapse while they've held it.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  5. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

insurance yes