Is this the bottom price?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Cheepo, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

Haha :)

You should have listened to me.

While $15 by Christmas 2014 was a no-brainer, I am unsure as to the future. All I know is that the price won't go up. $14/oz is the upper limit. But will it go down more, and when? By the end of the decade, I am sure it will have reached $10 at some point. But when?

I am truly amazed that over the last 12 months it dropped by only $1. If we go on this way (and nothing says we won't) it will only reach $10/oz in 2019!!! :eek:

2. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Re: Sig:

You do realise that if men didn't earn more than women, we'd just go out with ourselves.

:lol:

3. MetalSilver

MetalSilver New Member

Hello Jim, I may have aquestion for you.

What do you think hapenned "and is still happening" at fort knox? I think you will agree, they lied to us, and since the Federal is nor a federal organization "the central banks controls it not the federal government" nor even a reserve "They don't have cash or gold since the 90's"
    do you not think that the COMEX contracts are secretly undervaluating the premium along with the paper prices?

Phil

4. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

I am amazed that people think that since money supply increased, then the price of silver must increase. Or that inflation means that the price of silver must increase.

And if it doesn't, then the price of silver is manipulated.

Total mind blow :rolleyes:

5. MetalSilver

MetalSilver New Member

As for me Cheepo, 1 + 1 still equals 2... So; Money supply increasing + Spot lowering - U.S dollar still trusted by the banks = manipulation

6. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

So you think that ALL prices MUST increase in unison with the money supply? Or only silver? And if only silver, why only silver?

7. MetalSilver

MetalSilver New Member

All commodities also, but especialy silver indeed, I know this theory is crazy, but aren't we in a crazy world? As I said before, I may have been too much sticked at the foundamentals but, this is the only answer that suits your question... The fundamentals tells it already. If you take the post I made about the proportion of silver and gold seriously " as at least one of you seemed to do" and you think it through; There is my answer. There is a good article from Isreal Friedman and Theodore butler on some website I will post in 27 days from now, also Jeff Berwick and Ron Rosen are agreed with that theory.

Just my opinion " and some most famous analysts too"

thanks,

Phil

8. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

Phil,

I don't know what is going on in Fort Knox one way or the other. One interesting "tall tale" I read about a couple of years ago was that near the end of or right after WW2, the US got a hold of a very large amount of gold that belonged to Japan somehow and was being stashed in the Philippines, and that the amount (I don't remember the number) was much much greater than what the US has ever claimed to be officially holding. Please note there is no proof of this story being true that I am aware of, but it is intriguing. Throughout history gold has been taken from one nation by another (especially during war times) so it is not an impossibility.

I personally believe that the US gov has some gold reserves stashed someplace that are greater in amount than what the online pro PM pundits would have you believe.

Just my opinion.

Jim

9. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

This is the story of Yamashita's gold ... an alleged 175000 tonnes moved to the Philipines and then shipped to Hawaii during WW2 ... it makes sense to move gold as far away as possible from the turmoil of war lest it be plundered ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamashita's_gold

However during WW2 Switzerland declared "immunity" ... which doesn't make sense at all ... unless it had a role financing the war in some way ... in that case it would make more sense ... it is the home of the BIS afterall ...

10. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

It is also interesting the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbour in Hawaii ... where the rumoured gold was transported to ... sometimes truth is stranger than fiction ...

11. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

12. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I asked a question related to this last year, and outlined why they might keep quiet about it. Lots of responses in the original thread.

What if the U.S. is quietly sitting on a massive reserve of gold?
    http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-740394.html

13. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

Your reply presupposes that countries would actually want to develop a gold-backed currency. Why would any country do that? They benefit from inflation and being able to print money on demand.

14. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The point of the question was more about keeping some gold reserves secret to be used in the event of financial warfare should the need arise. You are correct that a gold backed currency is highly unlikely, but there could be other scenarios where a large, hidden reserve of gold could be used as a geopolitical financial weapon.

15. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

16. MetalSilver

MetalSilver New Member

This is the first time I hear a Silver investor talking like that... gold in the U.S? In greater amount than we think?? Wow... I was not hoping that any of you believed what I am going to say but at least not that... You can call me crazy after I said what I am going to say, but this is my profound thinking. This belief is well founded [You can always ask me for my sources in PM]

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA HOLDS NO GOLD AT ALL (at least not in Fort Knox "where they tried to make us believe"). End of the story.

Thanks,

Phil

[​IMG]
    Source: Silverdoctors.com

17. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

The bottom price is the price at which the last suckers are willing to sell at.
    So translate the question: what is the lowest price you're ok with?

18. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

And suckers also are people that use "silverdoctors" claims as basis to decide purchases, lol.
    When all pm dealers existing since 2008 became luxe cab renting companies truck drivers and fishermen and this forum shows "hacked by warezcrew", then the bottom price sits on the counter.

19. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Sometimes your best posts are your shortest.

20. Monsta

Monsta Member

Still it falls. We might see into $18 tonight.