Is this the bottom price?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Cheepo, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

Greetings everybody. I have been away for a year (thought I posted once a couple of months ago). How is everybody doing?

So, last year I correctly predicted $15 by Christmas, and everybody said I was a fool (until I was proven right). Last year I would have betted (past of to bet) that the price would have dropped to $12 by the end of this year, and $10 at the end of next year. Now I am starting to wonder if we have reached a bottom. I mean, only $1 less in 12 months?!?!?! That's very little indeed. We seem to have an amazing resistance at $14. $14 is still very expensive, but the price doesn't seem to be able to drop down any more.

So, I actually bought my first silver coin! :) It's a very nice 1 kg Perth year of the goat, for US$610 including shipping. It's very very nice indeed. My son was born in June, and I plan to give him the coin when he marries. Silver will hopefully be worth 1,000,000 times more, and he can buy himself a house in sun! :)

I bought it from mcm at ebay. I hope it's a reputable seller who doesn't sell copies (it seems to be a very large shop with a long history).

2. Shippeevt

Shippeevt Member

Yea I have dealt with them a few times with no issues! Im ready for a bottom, but will keep buying either way at this price.

3. leon1998

leon1998 Member

Glad to have you back, Cheepo.

I made the prediction earlier this year for $13 Silver; and site administrator said I was a troll. People have been using cartoon to ridicule me on my smackdown call. :D When Silver did break below $14 finally, everybody were silent. :p Now they all turn BEARISH, and I start stacking :lol:

4. MetalSilver

MetalSilver New Member

Hello everyone,

as this is my first post on this forum I will try not to be too dull... First I would like to say congratz to you Cheepo for both your son and your 1kg coin. Which is the best aquisition for you ? Just kiding... the coin ofcourse!

I am an investor in silver and a newly born "silver oriented" website owner, which contains tools and advices I take from here and there to provide the newcomer to the "Precious metal World" some reliable information, I intend to become an advisor but I want to be cautious before calling me that.

I have always been bullish on silver since I arrived in the market, but I may have been a bit too much sticking on the fundamentals and not enough on the " market sentiment " which is a very good source of predictive information. Of course this the journey of a life to get aware of all the facts that affects this particular sector but for a passionate like me it is not more a job than a hobby.

Thanks,

Phil

5. Monsta

Monsta Member

That's hilarious.

Nope, not buying anything through you, ever. If you think that people will pay more for their metals so you can take a cut, then you are very much mistaken.

6. silversearcher

silversearcher Active Member Silver Stacker

Not sure why people who have a difference of opinion are called trolls ? Kind of reminds me of the name calling in the old days in the school yard. Admin do have a habit of doing this. Whether Leon is right or wrong he is a entitled to a opinion ! People can either stay out, agree or disagree. I enjoy Leon's posts because he says what he thinks and he stands apart from the in crowd of back slappers and shills who stick together and click " LIKE " to each of posts regardless. Leon, keep posting dude as plenty of people read your posts. I think we all agree that we are stackers ! And recent years have been tough on all stackers with both quality control and prices going sideways and dipping. As for many, including myself it is a opportunistic time but yet a frustrating time that can reflect tensions with different members within the forum. I'm getting the sense there is HATE between different members among themselves and HATE between Admin and different members. If so, this is not healthy for the forum, owners and the members. I'm still buying also. But, at the moment it's tough to have a positive attitude about bullion and the industry in general.

7. silversearcher

silversearcher Active Member Silver Stacker

You obviously didn't read all his threads especially the early ones. It was trolling pure and simple. It is my opinion as a member only and nothing to do with the forum.[/quote]

Leon was referring to his prediction of $13 US. Wasn't he called a troll on that post ? That's what he's referring to in this thread ? No I haven't read all of his earlier posts ? Was he rude, flaming members, breaking rules ? Or was he simply being topical and true to his beliefs and opinions on bullion ? I still think name calling is bad form, unless he is true to the pure form of what a internet troll is ( which I think he's not ). And that usually has sinister personal connotations. If sectors of the forum get upset because he doesn't spin the right agenda and they disagree, that's hardly a troll. With the current state of flux within the industry and poor sentiment, members / Admin are going to get many varied opinions and lots of disagreements. And it's only going to get worse when mints declare that they listing derivatives on the exchange. Hey, didn't Leon get the call right on his $13 US ? He may even decide to make a call on silver dipping to $9 US ? That would really stir the pot. Would he still be a called out a troll ?

8. MetalSilver

MetalSilver New Member

Thanks for Exposing me Monsta, really I think it.

I am gonna be straight with you guys, yes I am registered in the Amazon.com assosiate program, and yes they don't adjust the price of their coins very frequently so it does not really follow the spot price as much as SDbullion.com or Silver.com or even Kitco.com do. But one thing is sure, I am very bullish on silver, and once it will go back up you are all gonna run at my Web Site to buy coins before they adjust the price.

Did you even look around in my website? it contains really good information and has articles from reliable sources, that's the main purpose of it. To educate the poor debt-crawling victim of the system who don't know where to turn his sight to and maybe it is gonna save some of them, at least I hope.

Thanks,

Phil

9. MetalSilver

MetalSilver New Member

Hello to everyone, I just tought of another very good website which I quote frequently but surprisingly not alot of silver stackers like us are aware of it.

I am talking about Miles Franklin Precious metal storage program, at which you all should really take a look! a really smart man and very good advices,
    well uyou probably gonna say "another permabull on silver" but hey, that's what we are too huh?

My father was the first to tell me about this Web Site, I was talking to him about all the web sites I crawl to gather the sources for mine and he showed up with that!
    Wow what a source of inspiration did he just throw to my face, I immediatly ended my relationship with Kitco.com "which were going very bad lately but don't wanna talk about it as it is still fresh wound ;P"

Well, you shold go have a look, good data, article and the prices are not bad too.

Thanks,

Phil

10. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You can't take a hint can you :rolleyes:
    Even after having your post moderated
    NO links for the first 10 days or so , read the rules ;)

11. MetalSilver

MetalSilver New Member

Hi everyone,

In the first place, I must have skiped on the link part when reading the rule of the forums, sorry.
    At least you left my link to Miles Franklin, which is very good :)

Well, since this thread's subject is the price of silver, let's stay at it.

I really think there is something I must touch on though... this is the MAIN foundamental that the precious metal's market data are depending on and I say; The Rarity. You may know that the proportion of silver and gold are respectively around 65 000 000 oz/Year for 650 000 000 oz/Year, which means the rarity of silver is ten times fewer than gold's, so who can explain to me how comes silver is one hundred times cheaper than gold?

I know that the rarity is not the only thing we have to consider but also the consumption. Well This is another point in favor of silver, when almost 75% of silver's production is cumsumed throughout industrial uses "and it won't stop increasing in percentage" which are essential needs such as medical supplies and auto catalysts or solar power "which is still growing in efficiency and in rentability", while mining industry keeps closing mines here and there because of the too low price of silver and gold, I am asking myself; when are they gonna wake up, is it gonna be too late for the economy? or is it me who is still missing the whole picture?

Thanks,

Phil

12. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

As long as there is enough physical silver available at or near the "paper prices", the "game" can go on and on. I won't mention "manipulation" as a factor because as long as a person can buy silver at or near the paper prices, then the "manipulation" really isn't a factor. Comex contracts are still being delivered to those who demand delivery (no defaults yet- despite what the BS pundits claim).

You will know when the "game" is over when the paper price for silver is one thing, and the actual price for getting physical metals is much, much higher. We are not there yet and even during recent silver shortages at the retail level, orders were being placed for new metal by the dealers from the wholesalers, and those orders were easily filled for generic bullion and even gov bullion without much delay (which is now available at even lower premiums - like the many ASE sales recently).

Two things will cause PM's to go way up, one is if for some crazy reason regular folks and the ultra wealthy (NON PM bugs) decided to buy physical silver in great amounts that overwhelmed supply (for long periods, not a few weeks), or two, if the "groups" who have been shorting paper silver for 4 years decide to flip direction and "manipulate" the price up with excessive leveraged paper trades in the long direction, which is just the opposite of what they do now and have been doing. I believe industrial demand will stay steady or perhaps drop a little in the near future, but if "investment" demand ever took off, that could be a factor affecting supply. I don't believe though that has ever happened in the modern silver history (that is, excessive physical demand outstripping supply over an extended period).

I don't think the 4 year price drop in silver is due to a glut of metals in storage houses, which is just the opposite it seems to the oil markets, where crude is running out of places to store it in some instances.

Just my opinion.

Jim

13. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

GP we need a "NO THANKS" button:)

14. MetalSilver

MetalSilver New Member

Please express yourself sterling-nz, I am open to suggestions, since I am new here; I may need a little settlement. Are you the person who can settle me?

15. MetalSilver

MetalSilver New Member

Is this all you got guys? No really, are you all having that much self-satisfaction to welcome a new member by making fun of him? Come on... Admin I think you cold say something.

Sorry for the spam guys, really, I put it on the "newcomer mistakes" notepad. But if you think I am gonna leave and miss the opportunity to learn from other silver investors, well, you can always try and continue your little games. I stay unless someone bans me "don't take it as a challenge guys :p"

So that said, does someone has something interesting to say about the precious metal market?

Thanks,

Phil

16. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

As I see it, the bubble started with the financial collapse of the sub-prime mortgage. So, from 2008 we had, first fear of financial collapse, and then fear of hyperinflation. None of them happened, so now silver has dropped to more credible/realistic levels. I think that's a no-brainer, so I wonder why I typed it (perhaps because so many fools talk about the price of silver being manipulated). So everything before 2008 is a more credible/realistic price. Druing 95% of the 24 months from January 2006 to December 2007, the price fluctuated between $10 and $14. Of course, this is a large fluctuation. 14 is 40% more than 10. But I think we can expect the price to be within that bracket during the next years.

17. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Australia just beginning to fall off mining investment cliff: BIS Shrapnel

Australia has only just begun to tumble over the mining investment cliff new forecasts suggest, with mining investment set to fall a further 58 per cent over the next three years after sliding 11 per cent in 2014-15.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-...tment-cliff-bis-shrapnel-20151129-glan6z.html

You can find the actual report and other details here:
    http://www.bis.com.au/infrastructure_and_mining/infrastructure_and_mining_home.html

18. PeterS

PeterS Member

I'm wondering if it is the bottom. In the last few days I've had multiple emails about 'specials' from each of the several internet dealers I used when I was a newbie buying everything from anywhere before I settled on a fixed strategy and a steady local supplier. Why? Are they selling before things go lower?

19. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

I don't think local suppliers know when things get lower.

I am interested in semi-numis only, namely Perth chinese lunar (1 kg). I was surprised to notice that some are much more expensive than others. I bought the year of the goat for HK$5,000. I would like to buy the year of the rabbit (because my daughter was born in the year of the rabbit), but it costs about US$100 more. Which is about 1/2 the price when it came out, in 2011. So if one had bought the coin when it came out and sold it to me now, he would have lost about $700. However, the price of the horse, snake, dragon and tiger are much higher. I would have thought that all coins will cost about the same (after all, they are all 1 kg of silver). Surprisingly, this is not so. Apparently many people like these coins, and are unwilling to let them go for a price below that they paid.

So, this tells me that the best investment is semi-numis. Buy a monkey coin next month, and wait for a few years, and hopefully if there is demand the price will go up.

20. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

Congrats on the first silver coin! It would be nice if it sticks around this area, I didn't take the advice of your last prediction and I'm sick of seeing red :p