is there a large dip coming?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by C_Heath, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

So you dont think silver is a monetary metal (store of wealth) just as gold is???

Its use as an industrial metal does not mean its not a monetary metal - its just an extra factor in demand which gold does not have.

2. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

it is the monetary metal par excellence.

billions of people cant all have and use gold.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

3. samboyellowsub

samboyellowsub Member

4. C_Heath

C_Heath New Member

What sucks is that everyone speaks of the volatility. Well, I have some fiat and want to roll it and for the LONG haul. Im still young and have time to wait it out if I live long enough. I keep waiting for the ol' volatility dip and its not hit! It just keeps going up. I know thats good but Lets get a little dip first! hehehe

5. SparkySilver

SparkySilver New Member

We saw the "dip" early this week, don't expect one untill we hit a new high. if you are is for the long haul, just start stacking and it will average out. :)

6. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

I see C_Heath you still don't have the testi's to take the plung:) Just do it and be done with it. If spot goes Sth who cares? think long term it will rise again well past this low figure. If you have problems buying what sort of problems are you going to have when you have to sell the bloody thing. You'll be annoying us again saying " oh, should I sell or should I hold on to it"...

Have a look between your legs and tell me if you have balls! if so make a desicion woman:)

7. Turk

Turk Active Member

It's important that everyone understands that just as JPM don't want silver to go to high they also DON'T WANT IT TO GO TOO LOW! Going low makes it SO much easier for optioned investors to whip up an order for physical metal at options expiry. That's the LAST thing JPM wants. So as long as the silver price is below USD$36 JPM *ONLY* cares about eliminating physical deliveries. That's why the March open interest declined so strangely last month.

So until the big crash comes silver's traditional volatility will remain subdued. Late last year silver's overall volatility reached a multi-year low.

Waiting for a dip based on silver's 'traditional' volatility is likely to be a hard way to add .05 percent extra profit to your final return.

C-Heath - YOU might live long enough - but will we?

8. Blame_Game

Blame_Game New Member

C_Heatch. Put it this way. I think the regret you will feel from not buying in and watching the price rise will be a lot worse then the satisfaction you might gain from buying on a dip of say $31.

I was in your shoes over the weekend. But hell, I just decided to buy more. Now I have no regrets.

9. Goldmember

Goldmember Member

All i was saying HiHo is that if anybody buys a shipload in what they perceive as a "dip" before a bigger rise then theyve got more silver for thier money in any given time period. I dont really care,like most ppl here i just load up when i can cos i expect it to rise espesh when the SHTF.Im not gunna wait around for weeks tho if im expecting Silver to go to $50 or whatever ...buy now when you feel most comfortable doing so,if it rises while youre waiting for a drop then thats youre gamble i spose....and vice versa.If there are things happening in the world which you think may rise or drop the price,then you have to weigh that up too..but dont stress about it....JUST BUY!

GM

10. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

"Its a bulls market":) that's all I say.

11. Goldmember

Goldmember Member

Thats right Buddy and we're riding the wave....surf on :0p