is there a large dip coming?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by C_Heath, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

I'd say if things go bad silver will fall,at least initially.

2. silverc

silverc New Member

Bullionmark has live pricing changes and I have just been watching the price change for a particular product, was able to buy as the price was dropping. I only discovered this when doing some research last night.

Pretty excited because this is my first large purchase - well big for me any way - now on the way to 200oz.... woohoo!!

3. Blockhead

Blockhead Active Member

all the major currency pairs just took a dive in the last hour or so on the back of news of the latest, more serious explosions in japan, the AUD has dived 1.5 cents since this morning as ppl flock to the USD for safety(lol). I don't think this sudden down movement in Ag has anything to do with the actual silver market, it's just a sympathy move as all the markets dip.

4. samboyellowsub

samboyellowsub Member

Everyone I buy from takes the live spot price. They'll even check it right there on the spot (pun intended, indeed) and I can get silver at the exact current price (plus whatever premium they put on it, depending on form).

5. intelligencer

intelligencer Active Member

If spot price closes at $36.03 on the 29th (30th) April then I will announce more news.

6. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

that is such a funny avatar. So apt for your statement. :D

7. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

As to the original question..... now!

8. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

did something happen overseas? gold and silver both tanked at the exact same time

9. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

8am in New York - when do the US markets open again?

10. 2ds

2ds New Member

The German Dax index dropped 5%, led by tech companies and carmakers which rely on Japanese suppliers for crucial parts, before recovering somewhat.

Companies linked to the nuclear energy industry were also badly hurt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12745796

The Japanese stock market experienced its second-biggest one-day fall in history and its benchmark index lost $494.8bn in a two-day selling frenzy.

In Australia, the S&P/ASX 200 was down 97.7 points (2.1 per cent) to 4528.7, which was the largest one-day decline since June 2010, when the European sovereign-debt market crisis emerged.

The All Ordinaries index dropped 100.2 points to 4609.9.

A horror session on Wall Street was expected tonight with the Dow Jones forecast to open down by at least 250 points because of the increased radiation fears in Japan.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...urces-sheds-12pc/story-e6frg916-1226021975282

11. C_Heath

C_Heath New Member

<<<<<<getting ready to pull the trigger. Just a couple more down.

12. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

C-Health .....please do tell when you do actually pull the trigger. We can all use this information to know exactly how human behavior responds to pressure of purchasing. That is, we all have our entry points and yours seems to be around $32. That way, everyone can clearly see that when it rises to $40 and if you haven't purchased at $32 you will then have the same question of whether to pull the trigger at $40 waiting for it to go back to $38 but you'll be under even more pressure. It will be a interesting experiment to watch for existing silver stackers and future new buyers. The mind ponders eh?

13. Guest

Guest Guest

My entry point is when I have paper fiat in hand to spare.

Cost average is still the key I believe to a good stack.

If you're of the belief silver is going to the moon down the road and you're long on physical, a buck or two per ounce won't make much difference unless you're buying it 1000s of ounces at a time.

14. Goldmember

Goldmember Member

5k to buy,thats quite a lot of Fiat,any dip is a bonus as youve bought cheaper...nothing wrong with that...good onya i say!

GM

15. Rothbard

Rothbard New Member

+1

Agreed. I get paid fortnightly on Thursday nights, I buy silver on Fridays at whatever price.

Sometimes it's up, sometimes it's down. But it's unemotional and my stack is doing well.

16. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

Goldmember - I'm sure all of us agree that if you time it just right and manage to pick a winner when it dips and bottoms out it's fantastic however, I'm sure if you hear back from the other members who have purchased at $20 when they wanted at $18 and purchased at $28 when they wanted at $26 and purchased at $32 when they wanted at $30 will say it doesn't really matter if you believe it's going to the moon as Auspm has touched up.

Do you not think we have all been in his position? of course we have been and still struggle with this. I have found that if you purchase often and regular you take the pressure off the buying. Anyhow, it will be interesting to see how it pans out if we know what he buys at. Hindsight is always 20:20

17. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

C-Heath - did you buy or not? the question is still open ended? I want to know if you waited till the price dropped further or have you taken that "leap of faith"? Seems like the spot is creeping up!

18. C_Heath

C_Heath New Member

I did but it wasnt what I wanted to spend. I was talked out of it for now which Im glad I did but its like a tattoo, I want more. I had a dream last night it went to $2 per ounce hehehe. Dont flame me, it was my subconcious doing the dreaming! I have silver in the mail tho. bars too, Im not interested in coins and when they were minted and whats on them, I just want some oz.'s

19. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

At least you have little balls to jump in this time - next time around you'll have BIGGER balls. If you have the balls to get a tat you'll have balls to buy some silver too:) well done. Coins are not my flavour either only in for the bars at the moment. Mind you I would like to collect more 10oz Kooks but none to be found anywhere.

20. C_Heath

C_Heath New Member

Ill watch something on youtube like mike maloney and I get all big balled up. Then, Ill watch some idiot say, gold and silver is about to kill! Then I will get little balls again hehehehehe. Im sure Im not the only
    one.