Interesting how perception has changed on the Silver 1966 50c Coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by 1for1, May 18, 2011.

1. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

2. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

that is mad...

Ebay is SOoooo hit and miss.. this comes down to the variation in ebay users knowledge.. clearly this auction is misleading.. there is nothing rare about this coin whatso-ever.. but i guess if the buyer isnt educated its there own damn fault i say.. the seller isnt specifically lying.. just distorting the information..

1for1

3. plata

plata Member Silver Stacker

I bought high- with the rush going- at $15, two days later prices came down- still hurts, 100 coins from a dealer, I feel better when I see those prices above mine, but just waiting.... by December we are going to be happy with higher prices if we sell, and sad if we want to buy. The point is NEVER REGRETS! I am just moving on and keep those 50 cts in the box. :)

4. jackbrown

jackbrown New Member

Hi, I read this post off google and was compelled to signup so I could throw in my 2cents worth.

I think the 50 cent round popularity might just be due to volume requirements. Back last year when silver was at $22/oz I inquired at Ainslie about purchasing silver bar. I was told I would have to wait several weeks for delivery so I contacted some coin shops. One large bar was available. I finally bought $7000 worth of rounds. Sterling silver florins were not even an option, there probably weren't that many for sale collectively in Australia at the time. If you want to take immediate delivery of a lot of silver you have to take what you can get now. Even the coin dealers themselves are hording silver I hear.

Jack.