I'm sorry this is a PRIVATE club.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Dusty, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

No need.

2. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

whos this auspm fella seems to know a bit ?

3. Mud Gecko

Mud Gecko Active Member Silver Stacker

I knew you couldn't stay away :)

4. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

Sounds like renovator's soul mate.

5. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

LOL sorry, but it is actually funny.

6. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And I still think its funny ....... seriously funny.

Not sure what you mean by "I don't report (unlike some of you)." Speaking for myself, I think reporting is a limp attempt at influence unless it is in response to something signficantly serious. I therefore don't/have not used it. If you think the referred to animation is something serious enough to warrent reporting then ....... :rolleyes: ............. thats sad imo.

I generally agree with many of your other posts and take the time to consider your opinions. Within this thread however, I don't see you expressing any opinion other than a moderator type statement, an apparent judgement that others attempts at humour are pathetic, all rolled into a curt statement which appears to be a demand for respect. Respect is earnt, not demanded. So unfortunately, in this case, I don't respect it.

As for staying on topic (and getting back on topic), the initial post was an attempt at humour with most responders generally posting in a similar vein ie offering humour. You should try it. It can be liberating. And in hard economic times, it helps with occassional financial stresses (particularly black humour)

7. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

Welcome back auspm, missed your posting .

8. metalmadnesstv.com

metalmadnesstv.com New Member

2,328 user/members
    1,000 people with 15.5kg

15.5 kg * 1,000 = 15,500 kg :)

me i have 10 oz's of silver not even 1kg :(

suppose ill have to "keep stacking" ;)

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Cheers. I try and keep it balanced and informative, but mostly it's just down to principled common sense.

One of the main reasons why I took a breather from the site was because it started going off the rails.

It's pretty bitchy around here of late and I can feel the angst dripping off the pages between the haves and have nots.

It's a social climate and with the entire world now under strain, feeling like it's one step away from disaster, you can understand why people are getting angry and frustrated.

Whilst some will take great delight in antagonising others as a way of dealing with this crap, it's important to sit down occasionally and reassess why we're here in the first place.

We're here by choice. We stack because we understand the system (on the whole) better than the average layman and have enough confidence to put our collective money where our mouth is on the issue.

You just have to remember that well over 99.999% of even the Aussie population still have absolutely no idea in regards to precious metals. The younger gens especially have had no real exposure to it, having been guided into debt traps through rampant consumerism or housing.

If you can find even one individual with the tenacity, nouse and determined will to stand on their own principles and make an educated choice on PM investment, then you've already had a major victory in turning the tide.

If you go anywhere else in the world where paper fiat has no meaning or value and place even a fractional silver coin on the table, they will have an understanding and appreciation of value to that in which the vast majority of the western world is completely oblivious and blind to.

For sure, some people in PMs nowadays are going to get very, very rich in the inevitable transfer of wealth that will happen as the paper market unwinds.

So what?

Even if you hold a single ounce of silver, you will have more silver than nearly everyone you know around you today.

SS has what, 1000 members?

In a country (that's miniscule by international comparison) of 23 MILLION people and remember of course, a large contingent of SS members are based OS.

As mentioned before, you take all the above ground silver available in the world today and divvy it up amongst everyone alive on the planet, everyone gets 1/14th of a single ounce of silver.

That's 6 billion souls give or take and everyone gets 1/14th of an oz.

Not much, is it?

Now imagine the countless trillions of paper fiat dollars floating around out there that will eventually need to be converted to tangible assets in order to preserve the buying power before it all goes kaput.

So 1000 ounces? 5000? 50,000?

Does it matter?

I reckon before it's all said and done even the guy who tucked away a 10oz bar 'just in case' down the back of a sock drawer and forgot about it will be considered 'very lucky' when the fit finally hits the shan and rest assured, knowing how monetary history and the fiat game panders out, fiat has a 100% failure rate in the long term.

The important thing is that people here remain educated and focused on their goal and stay constant. Even an ounce here and an ounce there can make all the difference in the end.

As long as people don't lose sight of the bigger picture, they'll do well.

10. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

2300+, and over 75% have been active in the last month. 31,000+ IP addresses a month from lurkers.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Well there we go. Even with those figures and let's be ridiculously conservative and restrict it to Aussies alone (I know it's not, but let's just say)

Even with 31,000 individual hits, even if we restricted it to just AUSTRALIAN lurkers alone...

0.0013% of the population even bothered to look at this site.

That's just going off Aussie population figures of 23 mill, which we already know is a drop in the ocean on global population and I'd say many of those 31k in hits were not even from Australia.

We're still talking about a tiny fraction of a tiny fraction of a tiny fraction of the world population who are even hitting up sites like SS to 'find out what this whole precious metals business' is all about and I bet even a fraction of them are buying in any way shape or form and even a fraction of THEM are buying in any real quantities.

Because we're the concentrated few here on SS, in our very limited social sphere it seems we're 'saturated' with stackers all around us and it's common as day but the moment you step away from your computer and talk to people away from this little corner of the world, you'll quickly come to realise there's probably more people out there collecting stamps or barbie dolls than serious precious metals investors.

And even then, how many are buying physical?

Remember the paper market is 100 to 1 at least against the underlying physical!

In the grand scheme of things, ALL stackers (even those with just an ounce or two to their name!) are in a VERY exclusive group of individuals and will remain so until deep into the 3rd phase of the market and the paper market collapses.

To coin a popular phrase, 'every ounce, counts'

So don't feel to bad if you don't have 'much' because 'much' is comparitive to other stacking peers, but compared to everyone else around you, even a couple ounces will make you stand tall.

12. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

That's 31,000 IP addresses, not hits - we're around 135,000 hits and just shy of 2 million pageviews a month.

Running at about 78% Australian visitors.

I guess around 0.05% of all Australians if everyone visited from at least two IP addresses - based on the high number of visitors that originate from Google searches, the vast majority probably visit from only a single computer. So you could estimate 15,000 to 25,000+ visitors a month - or 11,700 to 19,500 Australians a month either deliberately visit or stumble across the forum.

Somewhere between 1 in every 1100- 1900 Australians. Say somewhere between 1 in every 1000 or 2000 Australians. 0.1% to 0.05% of the population.

I'd love to see this compared to Kitco's stats for US visitors, or as a benchmark most people would understand, the Whirlpool forums in Australia.

13. xenith69

xenith69 New Member

Awesome read Auspm thx
    I just joined this site and have been stacking for only 6 months
    Got a nice little stash as I'm a believer albeit a late believer as I would have loved to be buying under $25,
    however $20000 is all I will be spending on physical and I'm nearly full at these levels . If the spot price falls off a cliff I'll consider buying more. But I totally agree it's not how much it the reason why we stack.
    Thanks for the posts I was worried after only joining yesterday and having a quick read on here that this was the same as HC etc, till I read your posts that is
    Again thx and good luck all, the Fiat doomsday draws ever nearer
    Xen

14. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

But really, one can not consider the total Australian population as potential PM buyers. There are kids, the elderly and infirm of mind or body, then all the welfare dependents. Once you whittle the population down to individuals whom are potential buyers and investors then the statistics would be much higher and more meaningful.

But here is an interesting aside about those stats. In a quote reportedly made by the one known as Jesus found as part of the Nag Hamadi library, discovered in upper Egypt in 1945. .

So, stack silver and know you are one out of a thousand, or probably even two out of ten thousand on a global scale. :) I know, too much time on my hands this morning.

15. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

second that!

the least that could be done for one of our founding fathers... :)

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Nah, the forum was in operation for well over a year before I appeared.

I was simply more noisy on the forums when I arrived ;)

You know who I am and what I represent, stats won't alter that.