I'm giving up.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TheEnd, Apr 22, 2014.

1. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

I do want to work C.J but not in a messy unorganised crap all over the place workshop.....Its un professional. Too late now its already over.

Rang job agency and told them and they said its o.k and just to move on and keep looking.

2. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

holy crap u have the attention span of a goldfish ! You left after half an hour ? really ?. You spent as much time making & drinking a coffee as you did working !!! fkn hell man get a grip of yourself ( not in the nether regions )which seems to be your favourite spot by reading this post .

You seem to think your above doing menial tasks on your first day or any day . As an employee you do what the boss tells you to.. hes the boss . Until your the boss you cant call the shots . of course you have the choice to leave as u did but half an hour is not giving anything a fair go .

Imo u just left a job where u could have shone like a diamond & made the other messy fks redundant & maybe got a better position in a hurry . you say the shop was too small ? for the business ? . What i see is a small business with plenty of scope for expansion Hes obviously doing ok putting on new workers through an agency . They charge a lot of extra money than if he was getting someone off the street ..I would have at least worked a few days & got talking to him about the business his expansion plans etc.

You never know if you worked hard & were so much better/cleaner/organised than the other guys ( which you seem to think you were ). that you might well have been the foreman of the new shop if/when he expanded .

You are very short sighted & now the boss will be talking about you as " just another idiot who doesnt want to work ".

I am absolutely gobsmacked that you have not had a job for so long & you leave after half an hour !! . dont you need the money ? Are you rich ? Or are you aiming too high in your expectations ? & think your above being an employee ?. You told us you had a job at HSV was it ? thats a cream job that many would love to have & u chucked it in there too .

Its about time you reassessed your life young fella & started to have a fair dinkum go at life . your attitude & ethics at the moment leave a little to be desired to say the least ....half an hour ? oh fk me lol

3. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Ye I know reno I am now thinking i should have put up with the messy workshop and tried to get some proper work done.

The business is very small only the boss and he's son working together.

I just got a bit freaked out by all the mess everywhere thats all.

4. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

you obviously dont as you quit after 30mins, you shut up be thankful you have a job after being unemployed for a year and grin and bear it whilst looking for a new job.

you dont say "I give up it is a MESSY WORKSHOP" put your hands up and quit after 30mins

5. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So you shouldn't have any problem calling the guy and explaining this to him and asking him for another chance

6. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Hahahajahahahahahahaha!

Why do you still not keep jobs until you find one you like? I can't imagine being on the dole is fun, so it can't be that.

7. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Don't get stoned before work and you'll cope with the mess much more easily!

:D

8. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

Totally agree, but you gotta learn how to wait before you understand how to make it appear.

9. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Too late now and i dont think he was too impressed.....And I already know the job would'nt work out for me and the workshop is just too small it would really annoy me.

10. Caput Lupinum

I guess it's instances like this that go to support advocates of depopulation

11. Garnet

Garnet Active Member Silver Stacker

Fck that a light is blown in my office that's it I'm going to tell the boss to shove it

12. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Actually I have one blown in my office as well, if the other couple go I suppose I will have to do something about it.

13. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No one's gettin blown in my office during business hours.

14. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks... I have enough trouble concentrating as it is.

15. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

If you're not earning, you're spending. A job you don't like is the work you do until you can arrange to earn a living in a career you enjoy.
    Keep quitting, and you won't be able to save enough to start your own business. Maintain a poor work history, and any employer offering your dream job will look at your application and toss it aside because you've demonstrated that you are a quitter who lacks a work ethic.

16. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Ye if nothing else comes up thru the week I may ring the boss back and ask for a second go?

17. Caput Lupinum

Everything that could be said to show positive support or to install enthusiasm has already been said mulitple times.

18. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It could have been worse.......

19. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Imagine how impressed the boss would've been if you'd cleaned the whole place up and even talked about rearranging it to use the space better or showed an interest in future expansions.

Now imagine you just quit after half an hour. Which one do you think would have you in a better place in 6 months?

20. ShinyStuff

ShinyStuff New Member

Well I hope you paid him for using his coffee/sugar/milk. Also paid him $50 for his time and effort in giving you a go! He did you a FAVOUR! He took a chance on YOU! Clearly you have now made him rethink employing anyone who is out of work.

The End, you seriously need to WAKE UP! HELLO!!! You !! WAKE UP!! If you didn't win the BORN-IN-AUSTRALIA lottery, you may be cleaning toilets in India as an untouchable, getting about US$0.50 for the 12 hour day you work. No dole! No freebies! You then get to go home and live in the slum to kiss your wife, who has worked for 12 hours as a labourer crushing old bricks with her bare hands into dust. You may even get to have a few hours of sleep before the whole thing starts again.

"Oh, it was un professional".... you are a joke. Anyway, it is spelled unprofessional. I hope you were wearing your tie and trousers, since you are so professional and the blue collar mechanic just needs to bow to your superiority!

As far as I'm concerned, you are full of p*ss and wind.

Shiny.