If you are given an inheritance trust of $20,000, where will you deploy the fund?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by sgbuyer, Nov 25, 2020.

?

If you are given an inheritance trust of $20,000, where will you deploy the fund?

1. Local bank cash deposit?

2. Government bonds?

3. S&P Index ETF?

4. Big Tech ETF?

5. Tesla stock?

6. Real estate/REIT ETF?

7. Gold?

8. Silver?

9. Platinum?

10. Bitcoin?

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Definitely, 50 gold coins can buy a house in most major cities in the world in 1980. Now? Gold needs to be at least $10k to be as expensive as 1980.

2. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

If the 20,000 $ is all you have and it's basically your main reserve, then I'd do the following:

10,000 $ in Gold: 5 oz, 5 grams approx.
    5,000 $ in Silver: approx. 160-180 oz (approx. 6-7 tubes of 25 coins)
    5,000 $ in CHF: need to have some liquidities as emergency fund as well, you'll transform this faster into your local currency than AU or AG plus, tends to be a very stable currency (I know, not perfect either!)

3. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

It's naive to expect gold to satisfy a proportion (e.g. GSR) or any formula or price in the past. Or any rigid rational rule that makes sense.
    The world is in constant motion, but people (including experts like Mike Maloney) expect gold to rise to various levels from the past.

Sadly, many are waiting for gold or silver to reach a certain level, just because it happened before and due to a logical formula, "it should".

Logic plays SOME role, but there are much more variables nowadays. The way the global economy works has changed and people rely more on credit. Some invest in derivatives and other fake assets, but we also
    eat derivatives and drink derivatives (is food natural?). McDonald's sells derivatives. Otherwise, we could say those meals are "fiat food". But that ain't food either. And we still didn't talk about fake tits...

The world is terribly tangled-up in fake assets and people seem to love them. Bitcoin is one of them.
    The funny thing about the crypto-fiat fake asset is that NO-ONE WILL EVER TAKE RESPONSIBILITY if it tanks :D while if a bank tanks, then the mad crowd would probably lynch the banksters.

I keep thinking about it: Bitcoin itself could be regarded as a huge debt bubble. Someone should pay that particular price to the "asset owners", which are like shareholders. But no-one will ever have any responsibility
    besides Satoshi Nakamoto, who's as good as Mickey Mouse (probably doesn't even exist).

66rounds likes this.
  4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

If you used the funds to buy BTC on Nov 5 2020 you would have received 1 BTC, plus a bit left over to go out for a nice meal and drinks with a friend in a top restaurant. Assuming you weren't living in Melbourne.

Your fund would now be worth $47 558.60.

Edit to add: what possessed the 3 respondents to select "Local bank cash deposit" is anyone's guess. o_O

66rounds likes this.
  5. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Everything is at your own risk in investing and theres usually no one to blame since you made a free choice anyway. We all understand that I'm sure.

I've had to learn to put my own opinions and beliefs to the side to invest and diversify like I wanted to.
    As long as the checks cash I dont care anymore. I can have my beliefs and my core position but I'm better off speculating some and its paid off.

I do admit it went against my instincts of preservation and tightassedness to add risk but I started slow and added to it over time.
    I'm more comfortable with it than I used to be.
    Even with the added comfort I'm never far from the sell button and I wont hesitate to liquidate any of that on a whim.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    66rounds likes this.