If silver went to $10,000...

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Nub Cannon, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

Or....if silver ran out in the ground tomorrow :D

2. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

10acres plus in the middle of nowhere. With internet access. With a house on it for me and my best mate (and SO's). And a soccer ball.

My one indulgence would be a nice sound system :)

3. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

If anyone want to pitch we should try and buy out some rooms in the Playboy Mansion :p

4. Rothbard

Rothbard New Member

Lets all band together and build our own city and then declare ourselves an independent state.

It would be like Babylon.

Perhaps we could buy Tasmania?

5. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

That's a pretty good idea, I've always wanted to go to Australia and Tasmania. I wonder how many ounces we would need to do that ahaha

6. nasa

nasa New Member

Pete that light at the end of the tunnel
    careful,
    Its probably an oncoming train. LOL

7. trav

trav Member

hehe Yeah purchase a large plot of land somewhere; I'm sure a lot on this forum know of Hutt River - an independent sovereign state. A snippet for those who don't:

"The Principality of Hutt River was created in 1969, as a province by the name of Hutt River Province, in response to a dispute with the government of Western Australia over what the Casley family considered draconian wheat production quotas. The Casley farm had around 4,000 hectares (9,900 acres) of wheat ready to harvest when the quotas were issued which allowed Casley to sell only 1,647 bushels or approximately 40 hectares (99 acres).[2] Initially the five families who owned farms in Hutt River banded together to fight the quota and Casley lodged a protest with the Governor of Western Australia Sir Douglas Kendrew. The Governor replied "no rectification of our Quota would be allowed" which, as he acts as the Queen's representative, made Her Majesty technically liable, in Tort[citation needed], for applying an unlawful imposition as the quota had not yet been passed into law. Casley then lodged a claim under the Law of Tort for $52 million in the belief the claim would force a revision of the quota. Two weeks later the government introduced a bill into Parliament to "resume" their rural lands under compulsory acquisition. After approaches to the government to reconsider the acquisition bill failed, Casley and his associates resorted to a British law (the Treason Act 1495) which they felt allowed them to secede and declare their independence from the Commonwealth of Australia"
    " The government of Western Australia determined it could do nothing without the intervention of the Commonwealth. The Governor-General of Australia, Sir Paul Hasluck, later stated that it was unconstitutional for the Commonwealth to intervene in the secession"

A basic overview can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Hutt_River

I'm aware the whole thing has become a bit of a novelty and constantly downplayed. But one must admire the blokes determination to stick with it even when faced with a multitude of setbacks.