I wish I never bought silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by BootyBandit, Jul 9, 2012.

1. BootyBandit

BootyBandit New Member

3RAR was the only parachute infantry and they have been removed as of 2012, airborne operations are only for special forces now :(

2. ironwood

ironwood Active Member Silver Stacker

Perfect time! Forget about your loss in silver for now. The vast majority believes it will go up in the future. You'll thank yourself one day.

3. dex

dex Active Member Silver Stacker

sounds like u got things to do, goals to accomplish and adventures to have... lifes a lesson and if u wanna sell, well you're at the right place.

4. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Seriously join the Air Force instead, trust me on this one, I know nothing about silver but trust me on this one..........

5. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

All joking aside, my dad liked horse ridding but couldn't afford a horse in inner London. He joined the King's Troop, the Royal Horse Artillery. 10 years later he is stationed in Germany running a military Saddle Club.

You might as well get the taxpayer to fund your hobbies because they won't buy you silver!

6. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Point taken. Just be grateful that you're not looking to join the american army. But there's no fun in being homeless once you leave the army because you didn't invest in your future. Silvers a long term play.

Have a read of this, to see how the British army treats its soldiers, once it deems them to be a burden:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/9337175/Soldiers-sacked-days-before-pension-date.html

They shouldn't be surprised. Any jock not wearing rose-tinted glasses could see this coming from a mile away.

EDIT: Take newtosilver's advise... I figured that one out over 30 years ago, when considering the armed forces.

7. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And change your avatar back to sexy ladies, suicidal samurai is a downer, man

8. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I take no offense I have been a solid bull for many years and I review my decision to buy more Silver every week. Yes have heard this one a lot, what if we find an abundance of Silver on the Moon or on Mars etc. I think this would be bullish not bearish for Silver because it would then force the surveyors to compare the estimated reserves to that on Earth.

Most likely there would have to be a large find to make it worth surveying, once a realistic estimated reserve base is established it could be converted to the potential years of consumption. Next step would be to work out the estimated cost to (Issue a prospectus and raise capital, Train a crew, Build a rocket, Fly to the location, Mine the ore, Load the ore onto the rocket, Fly back to Earth, Process the ore, Leach and Refine the ore for sale) then you would have to factor the huge insurance and energy costs into such a Project. I mean the cost would be enormous meanwhile established open cut mines with proven reserves can't make a profit on US$26 Silver right now here on Earth. Not to mention the time period, I mean it can take 8 years for a mine to get established here on Earth, add flight time and training etc. it could easily take 20+ years to get Silver transported back to Earth.

If there was ever a big find of Silver on another planet all it would do it highlight how out of reach it is and how desperate we really are for Silver right now here on Earth.

9. asdfghjkl32

asdfghjkl32 Member

Tell me where, I go and catch them :D:D

10. Bazil

Bazil Member Silver Stacker

Investing in any unstable market is a definite gamble. A wise man once said 'Only gamble what you can afford to lose'

But I totally agree with ya BootyBandit, the common expectation is for silver to go up in price. Yet since ive been looking into silver, its fallen from 33-26 in a matter of months?? what! makes no sense...

Also thanks for the space mining comment made me LOL hehe!

+1 hehe!

11. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Sounds like you are a lot better off than some i know.
    Are you looking for someone to blame?

Your options are (like the rest of us)

Hold
    Sell

Thats it - and that's reality. Silver is volitile - now you know what that means and you can help others.
    See if you skydiving will take silver for payment - you know what they might consider it.

12. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Have you ever seen someone try and catch a bag of rice thrown from a chopper for 30 feet in the air? A kg block of silver from a bridge would be the same principal - let them hit the ground then pick them up :)

13. adze67

adze67 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I love the way this thread has hit 3 pages in less than 2 hours...thanks Booty.
    For mine...I bought on the way up from low $30s and been buying on the way down (loving the dollar cost averaging)
    My take is when the music stops, there won't be enough to go around...THEN we'll see what it's REALLY worth :)
    "The ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

14. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If I sold now I'd loose a lot more that $4700. But not selling so why worry.

15. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

Have to agree with your observations but count yourself fortunate that your paper loss is less than $5k, mine is considerably higher right now.
    I too was convinced that silver was a safe bet and also that the USD was going to fall.
    All the fundamentals remain unchanged and the US economy is still in deep smelly stuff, just everyone else is just as bad.
    Prices are made by the big institutions, market manipulators and corrupt bankers - sic Barclays in the UK right now.
    If you have the fiat I would be piling in whilst silver looks cheap compared to previous so as to lower your average price per ounce.
    Selling today would be a big mistake.

No-one on his forum, expert or not can predict the future price and basing life-changing investments on charts and blogs is very risky.
    Don't know of any safe investment having lost serious fiat in an S&P AAA rated bank called Lehmanns.

Shit happens so best to spread your risk.

16. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToROqCvqArA[/youtube]

Booty sounds like you need to educate yourself - and by the sounds of it - its WAY overdue

17. shano73

shano73 Member

Yep you got love defense cut backs, yet the pollies can give themselves a 5k payrise anytime they like........or more

18. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Any clues as to which bridge that might be?! ;)

19. BootyBandit

BootyBandit New Member

thanks for all the comments, I pretty much just started this out of rage when i logged onto silver stackers and saw silver at $26, but now im feeling better about silver sitting in my stash for now. I have educated myself pretty well in silver during 2011 and studied it nightly but then stopped in nov 11 because I was burnt out on saving up all my pay and putting it into silver (nearly everything i earnt went to silver) . But meh, lesson learnt I guess, like the old saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

China Buying Silver to $100-Plus an Ounce - 22 August 2011
    http://goldnews.bullionvault.com/buying_silver_082220116

lmfao

20. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

Booty Your a Tossa,
    But at least your an honest tossa!
    Hang in there mate, you'll come out in front, no worries.