I just sold 600 ounces of silver..I'm out!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by kookaburroGuy, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silvstack

silvstack Member

is the OP for real? living in the u.s. is in a way quite a luxury, but it isn't just a metaphor to say we're "living on credit." is the OP saying that we are not bankrupt in various respects, that the business and political - and governance and enforcement - decisions regarding banking practices, rules and regulations did not directly result in the '08 collapse which launched the world-wide tailspin in which we now find ourselves? this spam post overlooks that the issue is not about america the country but debt and sustainability. does the OP say we are not "living on credit"? all fairness one i always wonder about sentiment re: americans.

also, OP, since you shared that you moved US$18,000 out of Ag perhaps i'll ask what would otherwise be intrusive - is it sitting in the old reliable US$ at JPM Chase? or do you find some other investment vehicle you care to share? then we can tell you at the end of every year how right you were, how wrong this forum is.

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

The thread is a troll. Reacting to it just gives him his kicks.

3. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

I didn't want to do it, but just for the record, you can't criticise Australians for being anti-American.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K8CYsKr9XA[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IiM6dNkaas[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_T3kQ_jUP8[/youtube]

4. Kawa

Kawa New Member

Greek Bail Out?

5. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

LOL!

6. Howiefied

Howiefied New Member

I see what you did LOL.

7. silvertongue

silvertongue Member Silver Stacker

Damn - looks like I missed all the fun... Oh well...

My dear "kookaburroGuy", I can hardly believe that someone who so strongly advocates the American Way, uses the term "truck" to describe the usual method of vehicular transportation, uses sentences like "Why would I choose to live in Australia and pay $7 for a banana", has even the slightest clue about life in Australia.

So you have overflowing reserves of national pride. Good for you. But amongst all of that, has it possibly occurred to you that not every person on the planet has a burning desire to be like the Americans? The general Modus Operandi of the American military would suggest not. Standing for your principles is one thing, and as I said, good on you. But inflicting those societal and philosophical values on others by means of force shows an almost indecent hypocrisy from those who espouse "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness".

Ok, so my point is probably not going to reach across the Pacific with much effect, but it's something for us to think about here in Oz as well. I hope we'll always consider that those who live in other countries can pursue their liberty anyway they like. So we don't inflict our culture and laws on their soil, and hopefully we get sufficient respect that they don't inflict their culture and laws on ours.

Fair point?

8. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

But with metals becalmed it certainly stirred up the tars didn't it!?

9. silverbulldog

silverbulldog New Member

its people like you that make the rest of us Americans look bad. You are immature and i doubt you will accumulate any real wealth in your lifetime talking like this on an opened forum You will not have success with women or even make any real friends. Its obvious you are lonely and insecure or else you would not post all this garbage..you are trying to stir shit up but guess what man..nobody cares what you think.

USA is on the decline...i know this as i live here and am a successful businessman but i see many of my friends and business partners who are seeing the decline...taxes increased and everything else opposite of what you are stating.

you will grow up one day...or not

10. Silvermonkey

Silvermonkey Active Member

11. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-ne...ove-who-i-am-because-this-is-america_07112012
    If THIS is what America is all about i'm all for America!!
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDCXzqgD99o[/youtube]

12. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

When booze buses were introduced in Victoria, my friends thought I was a bit rabid for being so aggressive when stopped. I saw it as a 'softening' up mechanism. Now all these years later the program is enormously expanded and still has the same insignifcant stops to fine ratios.

The above is a good example of how power operates to soften up the population before exerting the next level of control.

13. Rinchin

Rinchin New Member

Looks like most of the responses here have missed the original point.

I took this post to mean that kookaburroGuy was not spouting the merits of how America handles itself in world affairs but more claiming that they are too powerful to stop.

In the way we most of us see it the USD as backed by nothing but debt...... I took his post as a round about way of saying the USD is backed by Uranium and Plutonium.

14. TeaPot&ChopSticks

TeaPot&ChopSticks New Member

Ditto for the Soviet Union Rinchin - that is the scary thing.
    Was the Soviet Currency the reserve of the comintern countries?
    The US is unique in that aspect - but their true inflation price is around the 10% per year mark.
    That means anyone who does business with them makes it more expensive - that is why the price of oil and gold is going up.
    The currency might not die over night but double digit interest rates will have to be used to pull back all that money that was printed.
    A currency only has full faith and credit with the user - the paper bill was once a certificate for gold now it is a issue of debt.
    Since 1913 the Federal Reserve has reduced the purchasing power of the unit of the dollar to 3 cents.
    Ask SS User Thor from Argentina or anybody from Mexico and they will tell you how it happens. Does not happen over night.
    Silver & Gold keep it with you always - 5 years from now it will still retain value and it increases compared to the value of paper.
    The elite bankers might cheat history and even make it up but can they escape from it? That is why we stack.

15. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Hey KookaBurraGuy.... Do you know that yanks build some of the most standard, poorly built cars around the globe? The most recent Mustang GT's STILL run 'Leaf Sring suspension' While everyone else is running Idependant.... And what about those big obese Hummers hey.... they're just war machines created by someone smart enough to see a niche market for the U.S army and digsuise them as a normal road car so they can make plenty of them...... Man I work on U.S built 'equpment' and I can tell you now from a professsionals point of veiw..... They aint to smart!!!!!

So you must ask yourself.... Are there economic ways just the same???

16. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Mustangs :lol: one of the worst quality built cars ;)

17. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

eh, whose 600 oz here on the road side?

did you bring the silver on your truck or not?

forgetting something,

ehhh forgetting to take the junk? :lol:

18. argento

argento Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

19. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Please don't take the bait and put down the USA in response to manipulation from a troll. Clearly this is what he or she is trying to incite. Some respect for our US friends here, for every failing that the USA has it has even more things to be proud of.

20. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I hate the way he writes the 'burra' part like it's ..'burro'. A burru is a type of donkey or jack-ass.

So...for the record
    this is a burru and this is a jack-ass!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

no,...um..wait!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.