Huge divide between Spot and Physical

Discussion in 'Silver' started by 1for1, May 6, 2011.

1. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

So spot is now $32.59 yet the cheapest physical around is $380 for 10 buffalos or $394 for 10 Koalas

So $38.00 & Bullion Spot $32.59 (AU$) = $5.41

OR 14% over spot (not including postage) for the cheapest available physical. (bullionbourse)

I noticed some items are selling for less on ebay.. some junk silver is available at closer to spot prices, not 66 50's though ...

OR: i could walk into KJC coins in downtown sydney and pay $825 for a roll of 20 unlimited supply 1 oz koalas

$41.25 each - spot $32.59 = $8.66 over spot each OR 21% over spot

Are we all on the same page here? Will the prices come down to reflect spot or are dealers keeping the premiums up to cover actual costs rather than a fictional futures spot price?

1for1

2. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

They're probably busy filling backorders and are in no rush for more business at the moment?

I'm as surprised as you are about BB's pricing since they're usually one of the best at adjusting prices due to spot fluctuations.

Interesting times we live in, 14% premium for ugly buffalo rounds :D

Even 10x10oz perth mint bars are ~$38/oz...what the lol

3. Ag

Ag Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

1for1 - IMHO this is typical PM markets - the preminum expands and contracts which smooth out the volitility - namely silver. The spot will need to stay low for extended periods of time before you see the price correct for physical. Supply and demand - you want it you pay for it - if you wait could be a brillant move or a real bummer when you buy back in at much higher prices...

Further dealers have stock purchased at $X.00 - why would they sell at $x.00 minus $7? If they can new stock at the cheaper price, then yes,price comes down.

Simply I've been ranting why people arnt taking advantage of this drop - really feel some will look back at May/June with a sad face for missed chance...

...now off to pay a member here $42/oz for some new goodies :)

4. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

That's true hobo but BB was selling Morgan 10x1oz bars for $370s back when spot was 34. Now spot has tanked the price actually went up?

Just an observation, I know Ozbullion is selling cheap silver at almost spot.

The premiums don't seem that bad overall, coins always had that retail premium on them.

5. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Not only is there a drop in the SPOT of silver, but more importantly a drop in the PREMIUM over spot is apparent with most silver coins/bars.
    And best buying is when the premium is lowest.
    Why are premiums low ? Coz silver hasnt been gaining in SPOT week after week.

6. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

And that my friend is a beautiful thing hoping prices continue to drop have a bit of money coming that has half oz maple and 2 x 10 oz. Bars written all over it!

7. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

premiums drop, as the wait and see buyer are watching. this is good !!!

I can sense that there are a lot of stocks of ase cml pandas ml etc, they come in monsters BOXES.

so many choices to choose from and prices to compare. many new seller popping up too, at least at where I am at.

8. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker