How should one handle a metals seller that once did the job well?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Pirocco, Nov 17, 2014.

1. nsw2206

nsw2206 Member

sorry for your loss.. try ask for a refund. Even partial refund is better than your money for nothing..

anyway, Pirroco you joined the wrong money for nothing club. You want to join the OTHER money for nothing club. I can get you a membership for $500.00.

2. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

I always found the French as very pleasant and friendly people. I guess the British and Americans are jealous because the French have better manners, are better looking, have better food, have hotter women, have a nicer weather, etc. etc. etc.

3. hyphenated

hyphenated Active Member

If you get back in touch and he basically tells you that he has no money, the next thing to try is a repayment plan at a weekly amount he *can* afford. At least you are working with him, and you might get a signature against a note. Turn a mountain into a series of molehills.

Good luck

4. clear

clear Well-Known Member

how many french have you met

5. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

I'm very sorry to read this Pirocco, buying and selling Pm's requires trust on both sides and this guy has broken it.He has obviously got problems in his private life but he has seen them coming and not taken steps to rectify them. He has buried his head in the sand and continued selling things he doesn't have and is p--sing into the wind hoping things will come right.

What I'd do if I was owed over 80 ozs of silver is give him one more chance to come up with the goods ordered (give him a time limit) or money back.If no response email him again and tell him you are going to the police to report him for fraud.

He may just respond to that, if he doesn't, carry out your threat.

6. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

seems like u had problem with the seller before so why continue to buy from him? this is a very sensitive business..u should have abandoned this seller long time ago.....

7. Golden

Golden Member

+1

8. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

What does one name as 'problem'?
    He told me that he had to find a second job because the current didn't suffice anymore (rather expectable considering the silver price downtrend).
    That also ment that he hadn't as much time available as before, and changed the way he accepted and delivered orders to a combine all, meaning that he waited for enough orders, then placed the order in the US at the persons he knew there, waited for arrival of all, then packaged and shipped it all in one go.
    This all means that there are on average longer delays, depending on the time spread of the bundled orders.
    I could and still can understand the why of this new handling.
    I had good experience with the guy. His ebay feedback reflected the same.
    Then tell me, why would I give this guy NOT a break?
    Do you "dump" people upon every reason out there?
    I don't, instead, I continued the path we were on.
    That's what I intend, as a human being.
    Of course, people can change, for a number of reasons, some within their power, some outside their power.
    And my last order seems to indicate such change. I'm not sure yet, a no reply is hard to judge. 4 months have passed, and times there that I have to decide what to do.
    I think I will attempt a phone call next weekend, just like he once contacted me after my first order in 2011. I think his record makes him deserve that last chance.
    If it fails, or depending on what I hear, I'll have some not fun job to try to get my money back along other ways (complaint, report, legal stuff etc).
    But to recap your subject: no, I don't dump people with good record at first failure.

9. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

r u serious? 4 months has passed since yr last order and u still believe this guy is legit? and u think u might call him? r u afraid of him? i dont know what r u on ....

11. nbboy1123

nbboy1123 New Member

You are correct. The French were super nice to the Nazis....let them stay for a long time and didn't make them leave...those damn Anglosphere countries just were so mean to kick them out... :lol:

12. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Congrats on joining the 'Money for nothing club' Pirocco :)

13. Pirocco

In may 2011 I had to wait 1.5 month for a delivery of common bullion at one of the biggest dealers (if one believes self-declarations but it still looks like it) around.
    I've seen alot posts on this forum talking about long delivery times.
    What's my case's position then on the "Remarkability" meter?

And calling him is just not practical for me, don't have a phone, it's international, different languages, are you unaware of the difference between typing another language versus speaking it along a phone line? Simple questions are no problem but a story like this is another case.

Are u afraid to read? What are u on? What do u know?

14. Pirocco

Money for nothing clubbers are people like you that try to talk people into buying in uptrends, preferrably peaks, and selling in downtrends, preferrable bottoms. There are examples out here too SilverSale, and congrats for it. :)
    Now what's the relevance with my silver purchase - no delivery yet case.
    How shoukld one handle the case, that was the question.
    At some point, I have to try to get the paid money back, and my question was to determine that point, in time and methods.

15. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Maybe it would be better to buy local or at least from a person who speaks english.

Must be a great deal to wait so patiently for. Theres people on here that start screaming if their order doesnt arrive in 4 and a half days let alone months.

Hope its not Brian from RSC.

16. nsw2206

nsw2206 Member

How would someone speaking English help Pirocco?

Piroccos joined money for nothing club and hates it.

17. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Its actually the Nothing for Money club.

18. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The lack of street smarts is painfully obvious. Getting ripped off isn't something to methodically analyse over to come up with the best course of action. Are you a recluse by any chance?

19. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy New Member

Pirrocco...
    1---Sounds to me like you're definitely screwed.
    2---When your vendor started to evolve into instability, you had more than enough red flags and warning signs for more than long enough telling you loud and clear that it was time to turn your back and run for your life. The fact that you kept on coming back to tempt fate again and again---when you should have known better---makes this sorry situation your fault. I don't believe you're an oblivious adolescent or that this was your first time buying PM's. Prudent people apply the "DYODD" and "Caveat Emptor" principles prospectively --- not retrospectively.
    3---If you're standing on top of a volcano and the ground starts to tremble, that's the right time to run away as fast as you can. There's no need to stand there patiently waiting until the mountain explodes under you and turns you into cosmic dust.
    4---The "Money For Nothing Club" has two membership classifications--- Class R (recipients) and Class D (donors). You're a Class D member.

That's absolutely riotous. You really should do stand-up comedy. And---only one single nicer weather? I would've hoped for at least two before I classified that as a major plus...