How did I do with this trade?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Lunarowl, Jun 26, 2011.

1. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes, I agree, your reasoning is circular.

But I make a case for the following reasons why demand for Pandas is high:
    There is high demand for pandas because:
    1. China has a large population (1.4billion people)
    2. that are one the biggest fiat savers in the world, (ability to buy silver)
    3. and are among the most active investors around the world. (willingness to invest in silver)
    4. Chinese investors and savers are now actively seeking exposure to the precious metals market. (currently purchasing silver locally and worldwide)
    5. It is easier for a Chinese investor or saver or individual to purchase silver pandas, than it is for them to purchase Maples/Kooks/ASEs/etc.

All 5 factors can be tested to be true or false, and if you do your homework, I'm sure you will agree with all 5 points and come to the conclusion, yes, the demand for pandas is well justified.

2. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

later will upload my 2006 panda wheel of fortune. 15 x 1 oz silver coins

[​IMG]

mid air perfect split kick, kungfu panda. ops my double wheels will surely breaks.

there are some limited edition PANDAS and bullion panda, so do not overpay.
    there are fakes which cost less than 60% of the real bullion panda, they stink like freshly burned iron/aluminum or some alloyed metals, and NOT one troy oz, fail the no ring test.

3. yennus

Just like the silver bull run is still fairly young, so is the silver panda bull run. It has only been in the last few years that people around the world have started turning their attention to precious metals.

Expect the value of pandas to rise across all dates. We live in a interconnected community. If Chinese demand grows even more for silver (which I believe it will), I am of the opinion, that the prices of pandas across the world (and across the panda dates) will increase disproportionately to the price of other bullion coins (especially the older dates).

1.4 billion people seeking a limited supply of 7,788,000 1oz Pandas is going to send the prices of pandas astronomically high (both in China and abroad) for both the newer coins and older ones. Don't forget, the demand for silver in China will likely be 46 times greater than the demand for silver in Australia (or, the shortage of silver in China will be 46 times greater than the shortage in Australia).

E.g. Will the older numismatic sovereign coins diminish in value when the price of gold goes high? Unlikely (though I hope so).

I think Ouch said it best:

THUCYDIDES79 wrote: The last sucker is the guy who gets cought with the Highly Priced Numismatic Coin when the SHTF.
    Ouch wrote: When that happens I hope to buy the 1930 proof penny for the penny that it really is. :p

4. SilverBaron

SilverBaron Member Silver Stacker

"Expect the value of pandas to rise across all dates"

"If Chinese demand grows even more for silver (which I believe it will), I am of the opinion, that the prices of pandas across the world (and across the panda dates) will increase disproportionately to the price of other bullion coins (especially the older dates)."

"1.4 billion people seeking a limited supply of 7,788,000 1oz Pandas is going to send the prices of pandas astronomically high (both in China and abroad) for both the newer coins and older ones"

Like it said, people buying in anticipation that other people will buy it at a higher price. You may win out in the end, but this is speculation, not silver fundermetals.

Now if you can get pandas for close to bullion price that im all for it.

5. yennus

By the same logic, people should stay away from all coinage, not just pandas, but also Timberwolves, Grizzlies, Andean Cats, Kookaburra Privies, Sovereigns, Lunars, etc and only buy the Buffalo rounds.

Silver fundamentals are the entire underpinning of the panda case. When the supply in silver is squeezed, and demand for silver remains constant or increases, the price of silver will go up.

The same fundamentals work for Pandas, but with a multiplier.

6. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Do not overlook what Thucy has said here (and also what alor has said). This actually goes to the heart of why you may/may not have started stacking in the first place.
    A* Are you stacking for a SHTF scenario?
    B* Are you speculating for short/long term investment?
    C* Are you stacking to protect wealth?

In a SHTF scenario, it is my belief that 1oz gold 1988 Panda, currently worth $10,000 (made-up example), will be worth exactly 30kg of rice or 15kg wheat (again, made-up example), just as 1oz assayed gold bar or a recognisable 1oz PM gold Nugget would also be worth.

Numi premiums = ZERO in a SHTF scenario. So this shoud influence what you buy if you are in category A

Now .... if you are able to pick up proofs/bullion that MAY have numi appreciation in the future, FOR BULLION PRICES, this is a great strategy. e.g. if you are in A, and can pick up 1oz silver/gold pandas for the same premium as other recognisable coins, and do not believe there will be issues with recognition in a SHTF scenario, then DO IT. Otherwise look elsewhere.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I think if you keep trading like that you are going to be a rich man!!
    $$ for dollar i commend you on your swaps
    1 ounce for 1 ounce will never happen. As long as humans are buying and not computers you will ALWAYS have premium differences.
    Well done

REDBACK

8. yennus

My dear friend, that's just pandaphobia.

There have been no convincing fakes of silver or gold pandas made. The details on the pandas are amazing. Once you've seen a genuine panda, it is easy to detect a counterfeit.

I reckon, it is far easier to fake a US $100 note than it is to fake a panda coin, and people still accept $100USD notes.

Similarly, it is also technically easier to fake a Silver Eagle or Maple just on the grounds that their designs don't change.

9. yennus

Thanks MatrixOpals... much appreciated.

10. Lunarowl

Lunarowl Active Member Silver Stacker

Gee.. Thanks! Not sure about the rich man bit :)