Horrific milking already on the 2016 1 oz. Silver Kangaroos!

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by SpacePete, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Northerncoins

Northerncoins New Member Silver Stacker

Tell us how you really feel. :lol:

2. silversearcher

silversearcher Active Member Silver Stacker

They are not going to fix things ! Have a look at there annual reports. Their net profits have almost halved since 2012. Coins are just a small percentage of what they actually do. I don't think a milk spot issue is on their radar. They have a world of trouble just trying to beef up profits....

Cheers

3. Northerncoins

Northerncoins New Member Silver Stacker

I never said that I didn't care about how my coins look, I said that most people in the world don't care, they are not concerned about these forums and rantings of a few coin fanatics. No they continue on with life doing what they always do, handling their money/change without regard of oils from their hands , dirt etc, they view bullion the same way, its just a bunch of coins to be handled.

Plus its too funny now that the PMs bullion has crappy spotty milky stains that some of you are all concerned that "we" are lumping the PM premium coins in with the crap PM bullion.

But it was ok to ridicule the RCM and lump their premium coins in with their crappy milk spotted bullion , everyone had a good chuckle but now that the tides have turned, eh not so much? :rolleyes:

4. R8

R8 New Member

Hi guys, new to this forum. I just started buying my first silver coin (have been a gold bug all my life :)) which is a kangaroo 2016 and l'm still awaiting its arrival. Having read about the issue in this thread it's kind of demoralizing and hopefully my one and only silver coin didn't end up the same fate.
    My question is this prevalent with all silver coins? What are the steps we can do to prevent it. Will buying aged silver coins means safer as they would have probably developed by then if none.
    Thanks. Any advice would be helpful.

5. raven

raven Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Too much Borax in the mix mate !
    stay away from 9999 silver for the moment, otherwise, the issue will never resolve itself.

6. R8

R8 New Member

Yeah. I read about that as well and it seems also that other option such as getting from Canadian maple leaf will also end up having same milk issue. And those are coins from 2013 issue.

7. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

Got a couple today from PB and the ones I got are much better looking than the ones I see on display at Perth Mint and way better than the FWS.

Too expensive for an investment bullion grade without cap as in singles they are only a dollar or so less than the latest kook? I would rather buy Maples at a cheaper price but at least I have 2 of the first year release.

8. R8

R8 New Member

I've already seen milk spots appearing on my first kangaroo purchase. Being a newcomer to the scene, I would say it's kind of dissapointing. If only my camera can zoom to that close, but it's clear that the spots having started to form. 3 differents areas thus far in the queen's side of the coin.

9. nikao

nikao New Member

I was about to make my first purchase of some silver coins (some Kooks from various years), but I must say I'm a bit put off by this threat about the milk spots.....
    Especially the fact that other Mints seem to have the same problem?
    So any guidance as to what 'save/good mints' or coins are?
    I sure like the Rwandan as well, but they come with a very high premium so it seems.....and what about Sumalian elephant?
    searching.. searching....;)

10. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Plain bullion Libertads.

11. pthysse

pthysse New Member

My experience is now Canadian Maples - milk spots regularly, Kangaroos also milk spots on recent purchases... but also now seeing milk spots on PAMP 1kg bars!!

12. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Canadian Maples are the gold standard for milkspots, if you'll excuse the pun.

13. iceblue

iceblue Well-Known Member

Have not seen any milk spots on the tubes we have cracked so far, put a heap in capsules will see how they go.

14. swoydaz

swoydaz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What is Goldcorps company status?

15. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I put some (Maples) in those cardboard/plastic film card things and they lasted several months before the spots appeared. Might be a cheap option to protect 1oz Kangaroos fresh from the tube.

16. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

Milk spots most often don't show up on brand new coins (although some do). I have found the Maples take up to 18 months to fully spot as they do. I have avoided kangaroos (newer versions) because I know they are going to spot (at least some of them) much like the Maples, Philharmonics, post 1995 Libertads, etc etc. The makers of these coins don't appear to care about milk spots or they would have fixed the problem. It's not like the problems are brand new.

Almost none of my older Maples in the plastic sheets have milk spots, although I had a strip or two that had some spotting it appears different than the modern milk spots that seem to overtake much of the coin's surface in many cases.

PS Although they are kind of ugly and expensive, US ASE's tend to milk spot the least from what I have seen among modern bullion coins.

PSS Those cardboard/plastic film holders will tone the crap out of the outer rim and slightly onto the obverse and reverse areas of silver coins over time due to materials in the cardboard that react with silver.

Just my opinion.

Jim

17. SilverSiren

SilverSiren Active Member

We managed to pick up a few tubes of the new roos for spot not long after the initial hype for them died down a bit. Flipped most of them but it's about time to check the last few we have for spots!