Hello to all from the mountains of North Wales (UK)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by oldtimer65, Apr 12, 2012.

1. oldtimer65

oldtimer65 New Member

4 water companies supplying south east imposed the ban just a week ago, looking at TV the reservoirs extremely low,they are looking at drilling bore holes in the midlands then pumping to this point from mid-Wales.

best wishes

2. oldtimer65

oldtimer65 New Member

Your right those memories are worth their weight in gold (excuse the pun) I see it in my 2 grandson's when we try something new.

good luck,

3. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Soz Oldtimer65 here's my personal Welsh Anecdote.

I was working in a hotel as a barman in Yorkshire (where I met my now wife) and one night we hosted a hoard of Welshman who were making my night hell. Towards the end one of them said "You should come to Wales. We're real friendly" and me being at the end of my tether barely restrained my response. Suffice it to say I never went to Wales solely based on that night. I regret that now but seriously, when you meet up with someone from abroad you are an ambassador for your country. Having travelled a bit (just a bit mind you, enough to appreciate that everyone is basically the same. They want to live their lives in peace and raise their family unmolested). So if I ever meet someone from "not around here" I go out of my way to make them feel welcome and to offer any assistance I can.

Here's an awesome example of how it's done (sorry it's in London).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObvVRLh27_k[/youtube]

4. oldtimer65

oldtimer65 New Member

An example to us all, Nugget you've just restored my faith in human nature,thank you!