Have your say: BETTER investment: Mexican Libertads or Dragon Rounds?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by jossilver123, May 14, 2012.

1. mike titanic

mike titanic New Member

I would always go for a regular issued coin as opposed to a round anyday.In the case of kook vs libertads I'd go for the cheaper coin after all this is for stacking right?

2. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

The 92 kooks and kooks in general are simply not selling.. id go for the generic "Abolish the fed / Bull" 2011 rounds at $628 per roll of 20.. these will get around $40 on ebay (im confident so i got a roll).. the 92 kooks i was gonna get also but after not being able to clear my current 92's i have decided to not bother getting more... the generic dragons are just to ugly to ever be popular... id go scottsdale over them. Get the libertads if you dont already have them.. at these prices its just good to get anything... just some will be a better investment than others.. good luck with your decision.

go low premiums and invest in silver instead of speculating on a better vessel and paying premiums.

I wouldnt be overly concerned about fakes tbh.. overstated risk... legal tender is not without risk as having a dollar amount the govt could claim ownership of it.. normal legal tender all has the words IRB under the queens iffergy meaning they own it and its only in your possession, similar to the bank owning your credit card etc... all worth noting but for the premiums of legal tenders some generic bullion has superior upside potential. Get COOL bullion which people will demand and you will be sucessful.

1for1

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Spot on.

4. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That doesn't sound very hygienic. :)

5. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

what about 2012 10oz coloured silver Lunar Dragon getting close to the price of the others per OZ does anyone know mintage on these how does that work?

6. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

I'd buy 2 10 0z dragons or a roll of kooks in Aus
    Here I'd buy a roil of moose or maples
    In the US I'd go libertads or eagles