Have you made a decision on general discussion ?

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by renovator, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

only $40? you must have the Platinum membership! :eek:

2. alexisio

alexisio New Member Silver Stacker

It isnt the matter of paying, its not being able to say something, that doesnt sit well with the powers that be. Hell most of it was just fun . Repeat most of it.

3. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

The premium memberships have nothing to do with charging for discussion - the main purpose is to gain additional trades per month, and access to the Trading Floor.

I must say that the overwhelming personal response to closing General Discussion from the regular membership base has been positive, whether in person, email, private message or phone. It's staying closed.

If members choose to bitch about my decision on another website, so be it.

4. Dirtbikepilot

Dirtbikepilot Active Member

But the threads that were the most popular are now gone.

5. Dirtbikepilot

Dirtbikepilot Active Member

That is all well and good if you loose half your members but some of the half that stayed patted you on the back.
    That is not an indicator of a successful decision. Some would be to scared to say otherwise anyway :rolleyes:

You would have the stats so please share with us the hits on the site pre general discussion as apposed to
    post general discussion. Would love to see how successful the decision was. I may be wrong, your hits could
    have gone through the roof and if so I take my hat off to you. From what I have seen I would find it hard to believe.

6. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Site visits the same, page views down 5%. Given that General Discussion had grown to 25% of all posts - traffic has held up very well.

One member requested their account to be closed. One member is now posting about their cats elsewhere. One member requested their silver ounce that was still sitting in the post office box to be returned.

Decision is final. Don't know how much clearer I can be on the subject. Anyone choosing to disrupt threads elsewhere as a result will be removed from the forum - seriously, sick of the bitching, I have a family to raise and two businesses to run, after three years I have not got the patience any more to try and please everyone. General Discussion has resulted in threats of lawsuits, personal threats against myself and my children, prank calls at all hours - it's over. I've tried to take it all on the chin but there comes a point when it's not worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.