Guan Yi medal by Shenyang Mints - Romance of 3 Kingdom character

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by andrewlee10, May 4, 2015.

1. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Sad to report that I've finally finished watching all 95 episodes of the 2010 TV version of "Three Kingdoms".. :(

Can be found on YouTube -- has English sub-titles. Video quality is only 360p, but not so bad if you full-screen it.

All 95 episodes uploaded. 1st vid..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8rkcJ5sYDI

Another also uploaded the last 93 (scroll down towards the bottom & keep clicking on "Load more")..

https://www.youtube.com/user/LikeClean/videos

For some reason, I watched the first 2 videos from the 1st link, and the rest from the 2nd -- so I can't specifically vouch for the 1st uploader in its entirety.

Here's some of what I learned while watching this series, in no particular order.. :D

- Apparently Chinese people don't age for 20 years -- then they age 20 years, overnight

- Chinese warriors are quite adept at flipping around performing acrobatics while sitting on their horses during the heat of battle

- Only 1 song can be played on a zither

- Guan Yu sports the most-feared beard in all the realm

- When ill, injured, or near death, the Chinese spit out a lot of bright red blood

- You'd think after a while, they'd figure out to put up a second wooden gate at their forts

- When there's an entire roasted chicken on the table at dinner-time, it will be left untouched

- Apparently grown Chinese men like to weep & wail uncontrollably in public, acting like a bunch of drama queens

In all seriousness, it's not always the best production, but this series is pretty addicting. Many YouTube comments have echoed this sentiment.

My favorite character / actor was probably Cao Cao.. Dude's a riot. Other notables include Sima Yi, Zhuge Liang & Pang Tong.

Note: If you catch an episode that contains the horrible intro song, skip to the 2:25 mark -- trust me.. :lol:

Give it a whirl. Watch a couple episodes. Probably about 40 minutes long, each.

You'll cringe during the cheesy boring parts, but will probably want to watch the next episode when the previous ends.

Part fiction, part reality. Great way to learn about Chinese history from 1,800 years ago.. :cool:

2. Gatito Bandito

Lucky's got a 120mm raw on eBay..

Anybody loan me several hundred USD? :( :lol:

3. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Link please.

4. Gatito Bandito

5. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I want it and like a hundred other Chinese medals I can't afford right now.