Golden time to buy Silver!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by sammysilver, May 22, 2014.

1. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I can't help but believe that we are living through a golden opportunity to buy silver at never to be repeated lows. For the past year silver has flat-lined. There was a small peak in August that was not sustained, but overall prices have been steady.

The Croc, and other low priced bars and rounds represent bargain buys. New bullion silver appears to be the only product available. My coin of choice, fifties, has totally dried up in Sydney necessitating spending my money south of the border for my last three batches.

Other than the trade in numis and semi-numis, existing silver holdings appear to be in strong hands. The Stackeratti will go down in history as the enlightened few. Beg, borrow, or steal to buy up big.

2. swoydaz

swoydaz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I hope you're right! But it's still a gamble to bet your future financial prosperity on silver (or any PM for that matter). But then, what was that Kennedy quote... "Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly."

4. toorak13

toorak13 Member

i don't think the big guys want the 'dream' to end, it would probably takes years before silver sky rocket....

5. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

That is a completely bogus chart and take very little into consideration. It thinks all things are equal and it's not! Think of all the extra trillions upon trillion in circulation. Quadrillions in derivatives and the increase of wealth (housing, technology etc.) in the world since.

Compare housing to silver. Back in the 1980's when silver peaked you could buy a city house for under 1000oz and a prime one for 2000oz here in Sydney. 3 bedrooms on a block minimum.

Back in the US look at property when they were using silver dollars say 1880's and whole halls and land were being purchased for $800, even if the silver content was less than the value of the dollar, it is still under 1000oz. And those were in the days of hard labour where everything was built by hand.

If you use the CPI you still get a ridiculously higher price for silver when you consider it's median price/purchasing power.

Also then taking into account above ground supply and the increase of mining vs. population growth.

I kid you not silver historically speaking is at a great price. I'd love anyone to try and argue it the case otherwise. Not that I'm saying silver can't go lower but I do think it's very unlikely and agree with Sammy.

Adding chart just for USD of actual currency
    [​IMG]
    Source:

Just the US derivatives not including the Shadow banking ones which are in the QUADRILLIONS.
    [​IMG]
    Source:

Here's a video on the mere US debt... watch it.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTBODoBaCns[/youtube]

After you've watched the video.

Did you see the difference between the semi trailer (billion actually 2 billion) and the exponential difference of the field of a trillion. Well imagine the exponential difference again this time between a trillion and a quadrillion. I'd imagine it would fill an entire state at least is my guess, probably more! Insane! Add to that the SHADOW banking world... who knows?! Did I say unimaginable yet? To me it is, I marvel at it.

Now consider the entire world is doing the same!

6. bretto

bretto Active Member

that is mind blowing.....we live in strange times.

7. Miloman

I love this wine label, it someone bought it and put it on the table at a family gathering, I read the label and couldn't help but smile when some said "what's a shilling?"

[​IMG]
    Source:

Twelve shillings were the average weekly wage paid to miners in the Clare Valley, back in the days when Knappstein wineworks were the Enterprise Brewery, circa late 1800s. As one of Australia's most eminent wine growing regions, the Clare Valley's warm dry days and crisp, clear nights stimulate the vines, Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz have taken famously to the favourable conditions. Enter Shillings, an assemblage of the two noble red varietal grapes in the quintessential Australian red wine style, endowed with the distinctive softness of Clare Valley.

That's about 2 oz of silver or about $42 - and back in those day it wasn't a 36 hour week

1000oz of silver would be roughly 10 years of back breaking labor.

Go further back and you'll find 1/10oz was a high daily salary for an educated person, say back in Rome and those were in the days where you'd even have your very own slave!

8. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

beg,borrow or steal for silver? no thanks :p

9. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My records show that an Ag Kilo Horse (Single coin - retail) ranged from about $889.65 (24 Feb 2014) - $752.25 (09 May 2014)

There's no bad time to buy silver if you don't have any but.... it pays to watch the GSR, spot price and the AUD vs USD. :)

10. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

And what price would silver have to fall to for you to admit you are wrong this time? Never again covers the time period, so just give us a dollar price.

11. Miloman

BTW I did sell some of my silver and gold a higher prices and have bought it all and more back since. Not to gloat but charting does work.

We are seeing a massive attempt at creating deflation whilst they inflate price of essentials. This is biflation or stagflation.

Now onto a precise number, no ducking or dodging.

I think since first stacking back when gold was around low $400's AUD and silver was in the single digits. We'd have to go to $600 gold and $12 silver before I declare I was a complete idiot.

For the short term move I think gold dropping below $1150USD and silver below $17USD would be wrong on my current call.

Now do I get recognition if I am right, all these years running, cause I sure know I'll get a beating if I'm wrong?

12. sammysilver

What's wrong with stealing?

13. clear

clear Well-Known Member

so the GSR will remain around (67) these levels

14. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Spoken like a true permabull.

15. sammysilver

Not permabull, just bearish on the economy. There's a big difference. I don't need to make a single dollar on my purchase of silver, would rather have the metal than the fiat.

I am simply saying that this is an excellent time to buy silver. If silver goes to $25, $30, $35 etc, I'll be proven right. If silver drops to $20, $19, $18 etc, it won't matter that I payed an extra dollar per fiddy. If silver stays at $21, I'll keep buying fiddies.

This is a plan Stan. If I'm so wrong, tell me where to put my fiat. But please, talk from experience, not ifs.

16. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yair. Banks do it all the time.

LOL

17. longtime silver believer

longtime silver believer New Member

Seems the more silver we buy the lower the price goes. Maybe if everyone stops buying the price will go up!!!

18. AgDoc

AgDoc Member

Great post Miloman

19. Ag-man

Ag-man Active Member Silver Stacker

(JKS)

20. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

..but we are not..Id still say no...